So... Why is the Void a DPS Wall?

The last time I experienced an early Crusade, my attempt to slowly circle the room ended in a flashing Nexus thanks to being blocked by a bunch of Soldiers whilst Armor Broken.

I think about 3 rooms is a pretty good minimum. Will try to record some public LH if I find one.

I have, we were 15 at the start of LH and 13 and the void’s death. In your defense we were all experienced with small voids but we had no RL, no voice chat at all. Void is hard if you don’t know what you’re doing, else it’s a breeze.

You’re also severly underestimating how good players are, groups don’t lose half of their players to MBC survival. If you dodge slow and pet stasis, there’s nothing to worry about - and if the group starts with 80 players, you’re probably using pub halls which is filled with priests.

How many voids have you completed so far?

out of curiosity, how did you get those 15 people together at the sentry, and how far in advance did you plan this run?

no VC is promising, but if you still had to use discord text channels or something like that to arrange the run it’s still not quite “normal circumstances”. this is especially true if you also used out-of-game chat to organize things like which classes you’re bringing or which corners you’re assigned to.

When you get down to it, this game’s core design is basically “How would players react to a MMO that’s the exact contrary of other MMOs in every way?”.

Raid parties and separate instances? Let’s put everyone together.

Max level takes forever to grind? Set max lvl to 20 and make it reachable in a matter of minutes.

Death is a slap on the wrist and you can keep the same character forever? Permadeath.

Either make it a typical RPG or a hack’n slash? Bullet hell.

In the end, it failed. Players came en masse because of how addictive the formula is and because standards for the f2p market are abysmally low, but they didn’t react positively to the core design decisions and instead we get shit like leeching, ruining public dungeons, etc.

@Diamondest @RMGnoob I agree with most of what you both say about laziness etc. - only thing you’ve not mentioned is hack client allowing players to be almost utterly careless as to their actions, with nice autonexus letting them go on again and again and again with the anti-coop playstyles. If this is ever reigned in, players will simply have to go back to the more cautious strategies that benefit the group, because after the 3rd 4th 5th death ‘trying’ to be that one guy always rushing too fast into the next room, activating shit, maybe the message hits home, or you quit, either way the next dungeon will be improved from the other players’ points of view.

Are you writing this from the future, if so can you tell us the date you are on so we can optimise our Rotmg strategy to not have any leftover loot pots by then. :smile:

This is only for the worst groups.

SBC starts a run with around 40 and ends with 30 after void.

It’s not that hard.

If the difficulty of the dungeon was nerfed to where a semi-organized realm of okay players could finish a void. (but I personally would not want that. I’d like to keep the lost halls in the realm of discord and organized runs)

It was with other members from SBC, we were in a realm (realm closing event) and a sentry spawned. We had 2 paladins and a small amount of 0/8s. I was personally on a trickster, so not ideal classes. We were originally going for cult but someone nexused and brought a vial, so nothing really organized as the decision of doing a void run was taken when the sentry spawned.

MFW people unironically thinks that void is hard omegalul

its not hard once you do more than like 5 of them, but before that its ‘clutch’ - if not hard, then scary.

I’m bad at the game and even I have finished a 6 man void, lol.

probably should hp scale the minions, if they arent already

its not meant to be the easiest dungeon ever
but void runs w/o discord are definitely possible with skilled players

They are scaled already

I’ve done my fair share of Void runs, versions 1.0 and 2.0, and I still think it’s a modestly difficult dungeon. What you’re describing is perhaps comfort and attitude in a run, but just because you have learned the correct optimal path, or mustered the required skill to complete the dungeon, does not subtract from it’s difficulty, or it’s ability to end your character.

It is a difficult dungeon. What makes it easier are the class type I bring into the halls, and where I go. I usually bring a pussy melee like paladin into halls, making it merely a spacebar feast.

For other players, like people who bring ninja into halls, it is a different dungeon and I acknowledge that.

I guess what you’re to say, but you have to understand the Lost Halls were meant to be cleared with a lot of people. If you look at Shatters, Nest, or even Mountain Temple, those are all casual dungeons that you can pop in a Realm and clear. Lost Halls were supposed to be organized and be planned out.

as someone who actually does bring ninja into LH somewhat frequently I must say it’s really not that different. just because you aren’t the one dispensing heals doesn’t mean you aren’t getting them, the minions in the dungeon part can’t do much to you because there’s a bunch of people in between you and them, and MBC/Void do so much damage per shot that the difference in def between ninja and pally is negligible.

so, no it’s not really a different dungeon. it’s still not that difficult.

It’s an opinion kid (envision this in full caps)

That’s only true in small LHs. Stuff 50 other players in there with you and your character’s stats suddenly matter a lot less.

Out of my 25 or so runs, I did about 10 of them with my ninja.
IMO, as long as you aren’t thrashing about like a beached whale you’ll be fine.