Some ideas/fixes I want to share

Since months I wanted to share some ideas, or some fixes how to “improve” the game.

• Remove the damage from Medusa bomb and instead make them petrify you, the bomb or the shots should petrify for like 2 seconds.
    I mean come on, it’s a medusa.

• People who are opening dungeons should get more rewarded. In that case I mean, the drop rate should get better for them. I open mostly hundreds of dungeons just to get a white, but RNG isn’t with you mostly.

• Speaking of RNG, let’s say you are hunting the same boss or an event white over and over. After hundreds of attempts you are still getting zero. What if the chances for this certain white bag gets better, the more you do?
    After you have done over 250 of this boss, you should have big chances for whites. It will reset when the white bag gets dropped.

• It’s time for some new enemies in the godlands, we need some new enemies there.
    Or make a complete new biome, which is more difficult than the mountain enemies.

• An even better loot potion than currently: 2x chances… But yeah there’s the rng again.

• Back in 2012/13 it was possible to buy stuff in the nexus with account fame, please bring that back.

• Back in the really old days there was a thing called gravelooting. You could pick up his items when he died. You were like hoping that person to die, just to get his items.

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/8if90p/some_ideasfixes_i_want_to_share/

What do you think of this? Tell me.

Medusas petrifying would be good if the dmg from the grenade was lowered a little, and I definitely agree we need more enemies in glands because it feels so repetitive.

This will slaughter begginers

:+1:

:-1:

:-1:

So you like
Karma bar…

Why would anyone dislike such a nice system that fix
RNG problem

I disagree

well I mean godlands isnt really made for beginners. Its made for people who have a little game eperience

Having a little game experience still counts as a beginner

I thought you meant beginner as never seen godlands before

In that case they’d die regardless. Petrify should not be something in the godlands, considering someone could drag a godwall and kill ton of people.

Ah that would only encourage trolling and dragging or whatever to kill other people.

That is worst case scenario

The best case scenario would be like
You just die and guildmate return your item you just lose…

DRAGS GWALL

Also hackers with auto loot…

clicks nexus button

I agree for 2-6 not one cause thats gonna be a hard learning curve for new players and as was said before autoloot for seven

Normal case scenario*

@Arkie I imagine with the addition of petrify you would remove the damage from the bombs?

Yes, I should have addded that. It would be too op with the damage bomb.

I have thought that myself, but maybe 2 seconds is a little much

I’m a fan of the Medusa petrifying bomb, but it’ll be very difficult to dodge and would likely end up with many deaths. Perhaps they should also lower the radius of the bomb if this change were implemented?

I don’t agree with giving higher drop rates to dungeon openers. At most, openers should be given a loot drop potion for every 2K gold they spend on dungeons. Yeah, you are spending money to buy the keys, but you’re essentially buying a free chance to get the rare item you want.

Increasing chances for getting specific whites sounds good, but it takes away much of the randomness of the game which makes it exciting for most people. I think it would be more fair if the marks of bosses with close difficulties could be used to get one of their white bags (i.e. you get 100 marks from a variety of glands dungeons and you can roll for a random white bag dropped in them).

I definitely agree with the addition of a new biome/enemies. The current maps are pretty poorly designed. Almost everyone is huddled in the godlands while 90% of the map is worthless. Even low levels prefer to level up in the godlands, making lowlands almost obsolete.

I wouldn’t be opposed to the addition of a better loot potion or to buying CERTAIN nexus goods with account fame. Buying tradeable items (namely tiered ones) in the nexus could screw up the economy.

I don’t think gravelooting should be brought back. It’s a good concept (friends could pick up your stuff and give it back or people could get free items if someone happened to die), but people would definitely start killing others for free loot.

1. First idea is interesting but doesn’t that make Medusa a bit too overpowered? It makes godlands a lot more difficult, ecspecially if there are a lot of medusas. I think this could work if you lowered the number of medusas? Don’t really no enough.
  2. Isn’t that making the game more P2W.
  3. I agree but I would set it a bit over 250, more like at 500-1000 so it would be difficult to obtain but if you really wanted one, you could obtain one, but only if you really wanted one.
  4. Yes…
  5. Isn’t the current 1.5* not, entirely sure.
  6. Are you suggesting we should bring that back? Or are you just stating that there used to be gravelooting.