Some item ideas! [plus recruitment]

I’m working on a dungeon currently, and in the process I’m trying to make some unique and fun items to use, so I thought I’d post this here so you guys and girls could discuss and add onto my ideas.

Weapons

A bow that has the same shot pattern as tiered staves, while keeping it’s piercing shots.

Abilities

A tome that spawns 3 totems (similar to the marble seal) that rapidly AoE heal, the the totem ranges will be large enough for all three to overlap only on the center-most tile. The cooldown would end .5 seconds after the totems despawn.

A tome that teleports you to your cursor then heals for a bit less than normal tomes, this would have a cooldown.

A quiver that stasises. possible for this quiver to shoot directly behind the player (cursor wise), this would be used for rushing.

A helmet that parayzes you, while giving you and your team berserk and damaging. This could be helpful in small guild dungeon runs, such as a shatters group that doesn’t have a paladin, this could also help open up the paladin player to use other classes.

A poison that sacrifices a bit of it’s damage in order to act like a trap. It wouldn’t do instant damage, it would remain a DOT.

A trap that sacrifices its ability to stay and wait for enemies and its instant damage in order to act like a poison and DOT.

A spell that does a bit less damage, but uses AoE instead of a group of shots.

A skull that uses shots instead of AoE. Current idea for this is a half-shotgun (similar to the small UDL traps) that directs its shots either at the nearest enemy or whatever way the cursor was last moved, for instance, you move your cursor to the top of the screen then the blast will be directed directly upwards, but if you move your cursor a bit to the left side of the screen the blast will go directly to the left, this would also work with diagonal directions.

Armors

A robe that, while giving no survivability stats, will give plenty of useful benefits.

A robe that takes away from all stats except for survivability stats, giving you 20 def and a little bit of health.

Rings

A ring that provides a ton of HP and def, but takes a bit away from every other stat.

More will come as I think of them.
Feel free to add any ideas you have.

[side-note] I’m looking for a spriter and/or anybody that would want to join in and help with the creation of my dungeon, please reply if you’re interested!

For a second, I thought you were talking about guild recruitment.

So a piercing staff?

These 3 are pretty interesting.

It’d either be overused or underused, depending on duration.

So a trap with DoT?

So a poison?

So a non-healing skull?

So a directional spell?

Interesting.

I’m interested, what 2 colors should the bow mainly focus on?

There should be a sword that does 100 damage but have a 200% rate of fire–it should be really rare.

Icicle launcher being the “Bow of Piasuendo”.

imageSprite in the works.

Yes, but it’s a bow.

paralysis would probably wear off about a half second before the boosts do, and the cooldown would probably last about 1-2 seconds after the stats wear off.

Yes, but equipped in the trap slot.

Yes, but equipped in the poison slot.

basically, but it would have a higher damage than other skulls.

Yes, but used by necromancers.

Majorly buffed and dropped from a shatters-nest-LH level dungeon.

More Hp and Def, but negatives on every other stat.

Sort of like the Omni, all stats are affected, but some are affected negatively.

The dungeon is ancient-frozen-kingdom themed, so make it fit in with either being ice (my current idea) or being ancient, containing tons of untapped magic while being old and broken.

out performs csword until 11 def then turns to garbage.

Horus

Kapow! I made some of 'em. I changed up a bit of the ideas in some areas, and went completely off with the ring, but here they are! (I used two of my already-existing sprites here. So, yw. xd)

Also, not sorry @Ziqpyk

Stats/name/descriptions down below.

Bow of the Icelands

An ancient bow, carried by only the finest of marksmen from the Ice Realms. Attuned to their liking, those from Oryx’s realm may have trouble using it.

Damage: 75 - 110
Range: 6.76
Shot Speed: 18
Rate of Fire: 130%
Amplitude: 0.8 tiles
Frequency: 1.5 cycles per shot
On Equip:
-2 Speed
Fame Bonus: 6%

Tome of the Adept

A tome of shattered yet whole energy, contained within a bright and shining onyx. It contains traces of magic seen within the Nexus’ fountains.

Summon a healing totem at cursor
Totem Heal: 50 HP in 3 squares every second
Totem Effect:
Healing for 2.5 Seconds in 3 squares every second
Totem Duration: 7 Seconds
Effect on Self:
Teleport to Target
Dazed for 4 Seconds
Slowed for 1.5 Seconds
Armored for 1.5 Seconds
On Equip:
+6 Defense
MP Cost: 115
Cooldown: 8.5 Seconds

King’s Cursed Quiver

It is said that an ancient king of ice used this whenever he fought, and that he went insane, leaving a part of himself within this quiver.

Damage: 450 - 600
Range: 7.2
Shot Speed: 7
Shots hit multiple targets
Shot Effect:
Stasis for 3 Seconds
On Equip:
+2 Attack
+3 Speed
MP Cost: 100
Cooldown: 3 Seconds

Spell of Eternal Ice

One of the only spells in existence that is capable of complete demolition. It is frigid to the touch, but also faintly warm with power.

Fires shots that burst upon impact
Shots are directed from player
Shots: 4 (20 degrees)
Damage: 100 - 200
Range: 8
Shot Speed: 7
AoE Effect:
500 Damage in 4 Squares
Slowed for 1.5 Seconds in 2.5 Squares
On Equip:
-3 Speed
MP Cost: 110
Cooldown: 2 Seconds

Helm of Insanity

A once perfect helm, destroyed over time by the effects of an ancient curse. Its very frame is frigid to the touch.

Party Effect:
Berserk for 4.5 Seconds in 4 Squares
Damaging for 2 Seconds in 2.5 Squares
Effect on Self:
Paralyzed for 1 Second
Armored for 1 Second
Enemy Effect:
Slowed for 3.5 Seconds in 4 Squares
Paralyzed for 1.25 Seconds in 2.5 Squares
On Equip:
+12 Defense
-5 Speed
MP Cost: 110
Cooldown: 6 Seconds

Adept’s Drapes

This robe comes from one of the most feared mages in all of existence: the Ice Adept. It is slow but powerful.

On Equip:
+20 Defense
+50 Maximum HP
+5 Wisdom
+5 Vitality
-50 Maximum MP
-5 Speed
-3 Dexterity
-3 Attack

Icicle Token

A carved sapphire in the shape of an icicle, placed onto a sturdy string. It bears a connection to the Ice Realms… but from where?

On Equip:
+85 Maximum HP
+50 Maximum MP
+5 Defense
+5 Speed
+5 Wisdom

That out of the way, if you need any further help with items or maybe skins, just tell me!

blatantly broken.
shots are arguably easier to hit due to low amplitude, and the dps is batshit insane.

this… also looks a bit ridiculous…

*frigid

yeah some of this stuff needs rebalancing, that bow especially.

Thanks for the help, I really like the sprites!

The bow, quiver, and possibly ring were meant to be an ST set for Archer, to help increase it’s rushing potential.

My personal idea for the two tome ideas were for them to be seperate. The totem tome would spawn three totems in a triangle around the priest, allowing the people in the center to gain tons of healing from all 3, while hurting the players that leave.

The teleportation tome (current name I have for it is Tome of the Fallen Angels) is supposed to teleport you to your cursor and heal about .25 seconds after.

I really like the spell you made, and the robe is really good too.

I’ll definitely make sure to pm you once my dungeon is set up a little more so you’d know what you could work around, right now I’m, busy with school and helping my family open up a new business so Ive been spending all of my freetime playing games.

rig·id
ˈrijid/Submit
adjective
unable to bend or be forced out of shape; not flexible.
"a seat of rigid orange plastic"
synonyms: stiff, hard, firm, inflexible, unbending, unyielding, inelastic
"a rigid container"
not able to be changed or adapted.
“teachers are being asked to unlearn rigid rules for labeling children"
synonyms: fixed, set, firm, inflexible, unalterable, unchangeable, immutable, unvarying, invariable, hard and fast, cast-iron, ironclad
"a rigid routine”

it’s an item in the context of a frozen “ice realm”, would it make sense for it to be firm or for it to be cold?

Made changes to the bow and ring.

the bow is still absolutely insane.

only void bow, leaf bow, and dbow even have a chance of of outdamaging it, and at high def ranges. all of them (excepting void bow perhaps) have some drawback that prevents them from being totally broken. in this case, i would ditch literally every bow besides this and void bow and go have a field day having a completely empty inventory.

And another change.

(This time it has the same amplitude/frequency as the Spirit Staff. And 5% less RoF.)

I know, I’m the one that made the entire concept for the dungeon these items will drop in (based on realm lore ofc)

Could be either, ice is cold and tends to dislike bending.

You could of at least let me do the bow…

:wink:

:unamused:

Keep going like this so I never have to bump my thread

pls use the name “Bow of Piasuendo” so i don’t feel sad ok thanks