Some Knight Changes

honestly, I have had a bunch of knight related ideas recently and it has mostly been coincidence, in fact this thread is multiple knight related ideas

Stats change
I thought long and hard about this and decided the best change for knight to be not super against what he was, the change would be -10 def to max, however there would also be +5 spd and +5 atk to max, he would still have the most def of melee classes, having extended def like pally and def giving abilities like warrior and balances out the change with a slight atk and spd upgrade

ST set bonus
This change is simple, wearing the full ST set give +15 hp/mp, and +3 atk/def/spd/dex/vit/wis
This gives a small boost for wearing all the ST old tops

Snakeskin shield change
Dazes and slows instead of a stun
Gives 3 dex, 3 spd, and 4 def as it’s stat bonus
inspiration of idea to @JohnMH

Shield change (and quiver)
in a different thread

That is about all

Honestly, removing of his Defense would make him not a Knight anymore. Knights are known for being very tanky, so removing it just… makes him something else. I’d say to reduce his max Speed instead, to give the feeling that he’s very heavy.

The ST set should not just be a reskin set, but an actual ST set, so simply adding a bonus upon wearing it doesn’t make it any better.

:eyes: Why does this sound familiar?

Snakeskin shield is way too common for this ability. This would be useful since many bosses are immune to stun.

Oh yeah, inspiration of snakeskin shield idea to JohnMH (I meant to check who had written that in my other thread)

Give stun immune after being stunned to every enemy just like statis and give knight a fun UT shield.
There, he’s fixed.

You know, you never hear people talking about ogmur being overshaded

ogmur is a beautiful shield and you shall respect it

What @JohnMH said. Or Scutum. That shield is beauty.

It’s a little absurd to have the “heaviest” class in the game move faster than other classes, so the +5 speed doesn’t sound good to me. The +5 atk is also wholly unnecessary, because the knight can deal a ton of damage with just his shield. It is true that -10 def would still leave the knight as the tankiest, but it makes his role as the tank less pronounced. The changes you proposed for the stats just seem to make the knight’s tankiness less defined while making him more agile. I don’t really support this update because it makes the knight less unique, which is something we really ought to have in a game with such rigid character creation.

I like the change to the ST set. It matches the ubiquity of the items, since they’re just tops.

Snakeskin shield change is way too overpowered for a cyan bag. I think a new shield should be added for a daze effect.

Btw stun and daze are used in each of the other’s definitions

Yeah, and how many people actually have ogmur? Most people would play it safe and it ended up a flexing item. And scutum isn’t fun, it’s still as braindead as normal shield.

The rarity of an item doesn’t make it not fun. And Scutum works much differently in the sense that it gives 4 Seconds of Stunned rather than 3, but is harder to aim and does far less damage.

If you can land your shot then you land your stun, it’s “harder” use scutum yet there’s less risk since scutum has higher range and less mana consumption. And yes rarity does affect how fun an item can be, most people don’t want to lose their damn trophy after all.

Then why do some people use Sword of the Colossus as a main sword in the godlands or at events?

Why are you implying gland isn’t a park where you can show off your rare trophies? Just because you die in gland doesn’t make it a dangerous place.

There’s also the people that commonly will use their items like this in a Colossus or Void fight, or a Shatters, or other various hard places.

That said people also isn’t most people, here’s an example: I don’t care about colo sword so I stored it on some throwaway melee. Why are you always use the 0.1% as an example when you aren’t even that top 0.1%?

Why do you always assume what kind of person I am, mm?

Going off-topic isn’t going to defend your case. Either talk about the majority/minority or the topic, not yourself. Especially when your example was other people the first time, but yourself the next.

Ctrl F “other” and see who’s the one that keep on using that word. If you don’t have any argument then just stop.