Something that could be done about key scams

I just saw the thread that @Plveuk had posted about how to avoid getting scammed for dungeons. I’d say unless this idea gets implemented that the best idea is refuse to pay outside.

What I’m thinking (my friend thought of this) is that keys should be tradable, BUT as soon as they are traded, the key is consumed. So what would happen is the payer could accept the trade when he is ready, and the opener doesn’t have to worry about being scammed either. And then this gets rid of the “are you ready yet” crap.
RANT
I got scammed for an encore once because this group of EU server fags had another person who wasn’t in their guild “crash” the dungeon, and refuse to pay because it was my fault that he got in. (I know this because that person was in the guild after the dungeon). Its their fucking fault if they aren’t paying attention to who is inside the goddamn bazaar. They even had the nerve to invite me back to prove they weren’t scammers.

TL;DR

Keys are tradeable but they open as soon as the trade has been accepted by both parties.

This actually makes sense since it would discourage trading in a big server like usw2

Guy who quits realm gives guildie/friend all his keys
Keys pop
Friend: rip, i wanted to sell them

I mean the point of it is to still keep keys obtainable only by spending :moneybag: :moneybag: , but this way people can’t scam you out of your dungeon.

Edit: That was a joke… right?

I don’t know if that scamming hack is still around, but that is the only problem that makes me oppose this idea. The scamming hack is the one where the scammer can trade instantly without the load which causes them to instantly unclick their items and retrieves your items after you click trade.

That cheat does nothing but make it easy for people to scam those with the same cheat (and people paying zero attention)

Well tbh, no one is going to be extremely watchful for that cheat these days so…

This idea has been floating around for quite some time and all of this has been heard a ton of times already. Everyone agrees it would be better.

Well, the problem now is to get Deca to implement the idea.

Idea has already been posted. I pretty sure a couple people posted even before the post I linked.
@Herkuzz

He/she did say that a friend came up with it

Yeah what @Bobhisays said, and I could’ve posted this a long time ago but I just forgot about it and I was bored the other day so I just put it up.

Wasn’t my point was just stating that it has already been posted. Nothing more, nothing less.
@Trollalola

huh, thats my post
neat

:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.