[Spoilers] Ninja ST, Archer ST Follow Ups, and then useless [stuff]

subject to change

ok first, follow up to this post. Sun Archer ST is now Phantom Archer ST. sprites for it now exist, but no 16x16. All the changes will be from variant 2, since variant 1 seems to be kill (sadly). also bow and quiver still white bags, and so is the katana and star. ninja st placeholder sprites.

Sun Burst -> Deathless Crossbow

(since this was basically just a lower range dbow, i wont be specifying what stats changed)

XML: https://www.hastebin.com/ugilayehoh.xml

Distinguished archers are permitted to take their prized bow with them to the afterlife. It conjures ethereal arrows when drawn, penetrating the very souls of living beings.

Damage: 175-290

Shots: 1

Range: 5.6

Rate of Fire: 75%

Fame: 6%

FP: 900

not really unique, dps isn’t great either

2019-01-28_13-33-39

Lux -> Quiver of Shrieking Specters

XML: https://www.hastebin.com/avehevekiz.xml

A quiver not meant for the corporeal realm. When used by a mortal, it creates a momentary rift between death and life, briefly releasing the chilling screams of the lost.

Damage: 15-21 -> 65-110

MP: 90 -> 120

Range: 6

Shots: 20 (Arc Gap 18)

Status Effects: 2.5 seconds slow on enemies, 3 seconds speedy on self

Cooldown: 2.5 seconds -> 0.5 seconds (default/none)

No more amplitude/frequency

Effects: Wavy, Piercing and Passes Cover

FP: 800

it looks better this way

2019-01-28_13-37-44

Helios’s Garbs -> Wraith’s Brigandine

An enduring garment of spectral steel worm by the shades of the shadows.

(no changes, somehow)

Stats: +80 HP, +16 DEF

Fame: 4%

FP: 600

Light Shard -> Revenant Ring

An otherworldly gemstone is set in this oddly tight ring. It does not seem designed for human fingers.

Stats: +50 MP, +3 ATT, +3 DEX (no more +9 WIS)

FP: 600

Set Bonus

(no changes)

Stats: +105 HP, +95 MP, +14 DEF, +5 DEX

Coupons!!!

They’re Shards but for Character Slots and Vaults. Max stack of 5. They may or may not drop, could be a mystery box equivalent of ST shards, but even ST shards started dropping eventually.

omg twilight archmage set bonus change

idk why but they did it

Old: +40 HP, +15 MP, +2 ATT, +5 DEF, +2 SPD, +2 DEX

New: +60 HP, +4 ATT, +4 SPD, +4 DEX

Raijin Disciple Set

Raijin

XML: https://www.hastebin.com/kocofijata.xml

Unleash the power of storm.

Damage: 29-41

Shots: 4 (Arc Gap 5)

Range: 4

Effects: Armor Piercing, Piercing and Passes Cover

Amplitude: 0.33

Frequency: 1.2

Fame: 5%

FP: 650

it’s kinda like a pixie

2019-01-29_20-16-07

NotOpShuriken

XML: https://www.hastebin.com/ujizacubuc.xml

This Shuriken protects its wielder.

Damage: 120-280

Range: 2.4 (but it’s parametric)

MP: 90

While Key Held: Armored (50 MP/s)

Effects: Parametric, Passes Cover

Magnitude: 1.75 (seems to be a parametric only thing, recurring terror has 2)

Shots: 10

FP: 850

no pfiffel since parametric doesn’t work on it. something to mention, Kabam, being the gods they are, hard coded speedy on key held on ninja stars. so either deca undid that, or it’s just not mentioned here.

OKArmor

Attire worn by the Disciple of Raijin.

Stats: +11 DEF, +6 ATT, +6 DEX

FP: 500

Storm Jade Trinket

A strange trinket made out of jade. It seems to contains amcient power.

Stats: +80 HP, +7 DEF, +10 VIT (wow 10 vit)

FP: 500

Set Bonus

Stats: +75 HP, +4 ATT, +4 DEF, +7 SPD, +4 DEX

[Spoilers] Archer ST and very important stuff

So basically Mercy’s bane for Leather Classes?

Yes, because DECA will allow people to grind for vaults/chars instead of forcing them to pay or log in every day for a month.

Haven’t some of the event chests been dropping vault unlockers

wtf ob really changed the shit in the title to stuff

Archer ST Set:

• Glad they got rid of the Archer ST theme (being sun based) and instead gave it to the ninja.

• Glad that the Archer ST quiver now has a specific purpose (rushing), and the stats the whole set give are very general, as in, it fits every purpose (which ST sets should do, because you can’t use anything as a swapout, so they should be somewhat useful in every scenario).

• My only problem is that the Helios Garbs (Wraith’s Brigandine) are so fucking overpowered, like holy shit, bye bye Leaf Dragon and Nil Armor as the “leather classes tanky armor choices.”

• Ring’s shit. No surprise there, but I really hate the trend of every ST ring being pretty damn bad.

Also surprised that there’s two ST sets in implementation at once. We will finally have all 15 (after the initial release, like 3/4 years ago).

Ninja ST Set:

• As with the archer set, it seems to be able to achieve what the Ninja strives to do, albeit slightly slower (it can sure as hell rush though, with the Armored buff, and deals good damage to crowds and single targets). It also has some nice damage while, like the archer set, bringing some survivability to the set. Don’t care much about ninja, but this set definitely seems practical and some of the items seem dope on their own too.

.NINJA ST! ITS HAPPENING! Can’t wait to tell my cats this

I disagree so much about stats from the Archer set armor… its’s so much better then Armor of Nil…
If you consider 1 def to equal 10 hp, you are getting 3 more defense then Nil, without a spd bane.
Also, if you think about Lost Halls, the armor even manage to totally eclipse Armor of Nil.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, if anyone argues that Breastplate of New Life overcreeps Candy Coated Armor, let me tell just say that Candy Coated drops from one of the easiest dungeon of the game and Nil doesn’t.

Those things shouldn’t be in the thread title in the first place

If this was in ideas, I would have failed this. I’m sorry but I’ve definitely seen better ninja ideas in the ideas section of this forum.

Archer Set:
Sprites: Sad…Just sad. The bow sucks, the hide sucks, the ring sucks. Quiver’s alright but isn’t near original.
Bow: As noted, this is just boring. Low range, low dps. Just made to make void bow look even better. Not going to see play outside of set/on ppes.
Quiver: Cool. This is about the only part of the set I can get behind
Hide: Leaf hide was just ruined for me
Ring: Even Captain’s ring is better than this.

Ninja Set
The comments were already made for me in the title :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at it overall, I think the big part of these new items is the concept of passing cover, going through objects so you can sit behind something and snipe a target on the other side. Overall,don’t like the Idea. Feel like these sets were made for a certain dungeon rather then for RotMG as a whole.

They seem to have accidentally designed the ST quiver using a template based on a wizard’s spell ability, instead of the archer’s quiver.

*stands on 02 for maximum quiver damage

worm

That actually sounds like a really good Necro ring. I’d gladly sacrifice 2 defense for 80 HP, tbh.

worm?

worm

inb4 we get a super broken ninja with both armoured and speedy

inb4 decker forget to disable perma-effect when quieted and we end up with permatank ninjas shredding everything

i’m calling st archer drop from davy

and ninja from xolotl :cries: