[Spoilers] Ninja ST, Archer ST Follow Ups, and then useless [stuff]

what dafuq u mean

I mean. Now I’m totally fine. They can overcreep nil armor for sure. It will just create more reasons for people stop doing boring money grabbing LHs.
And thank god for that LOD rework (was already the best dungeon for me, but now… oh man… it’s just Perfect), to get the most interesting armors and future Katana in the game.

In terms of tiered Rings progression? Yes.

In actual gameplay? Not so much.

I would take 10 hp over 2 def tbh, def isn’t all that great if you have too much.

If you die in 5 hits then 10 hp = 2 def. So unless you are tanking o1’s last phase, you have an unbalanced way of thinking about def. Not to mention healing, which helps def’s case.

I tend to think 10-13.3 hp = 1 def.
For melees 10, robes 13.3
Depending on my build, 1dex/att = 1 def or 10 hp or dex/att could even equal 0.33 def to me at times.
Spd is also a hard stat to judge. While rushing through midlands, it is infinitely better than def, but while in a real boss fight, spd can be anywhere from useless to 1 def.

The only real way to die nowadays is shotguns or status effect spam and hp is so much more helpful against the first.

At that point 10 hp still equals ~1.5 def(by void). But what if you are rushing an abby or sew or any dungeon that doesn’t shotgun?

ok you use a cc and ubdef ill use a new life and ubhp we’ll so whos most safe fam

UDL and litch already have sts that drop from them though

CC + UBDef = 39 Def.
Bplate + UBHP = 12Def + 340 HP
340/10 + 12 = 46.
By my standards Bplate + UBHP still is tankier. :confused:

UDL doesn’t have a full set in it, and the litch itself could drop the other two instead of the phylacteries.

fam you take a cc and ubdef ill take acrop and ubhp i will 100% survive better than u no questions asked

Kid I never said cc + ubdef is the best set for tanking.
By my standards:
CC + UBDef = 39 Def
Acrop + UBHP = 24Def + 180HP
24Def + 180HP = 42Def

Acrop + UBHP > CC + UBDef

To prove me wrong you must show me a situation where your 10 hp = 2 Def formula depicts an obviously tankier set than my 10hp = 1 Def formula.

I think you’re at cross-purposes. There are some situations where more HP is better and some where more Def is. General rule is if you have instarip danger, go HP, if you are tanking constant dmg with no instathreat: Def. Personal playstyle affecting it also: whether you dodge well or not, how strong pet is etc.

I bet it’s from library :punch::pensive::fist:

Why not both :man_shrugging:

You’re completely missing the point. You’re trying to generalize into one formula but RotMG is not really mathematically consistent all the time. If you’re taking tons of small damage shots, def can be more beneficial. But HP is better when you’re a) taking armor piercing shots (ie most endgame dungeons) and b) if you’re taking massive shotguns to the face.

Let me use your formula for example. You have a ring that gives you 10 def. I have one that gives me 100 hp. We both start with 900 hp. If we get hit with a 150 damage shot, you take 140 damage and end with 760. I take all 150 but end with 850.

Also, when are you ever weighing up 10 hp to 1 def? HP rings are 20 hp to 1 def, new life is 340 to cc 30. There is rarely a situation where so little hp is weighed against def, and yet it is still better in more circumstances.

You finish with 84.45 percent of your health. I end with 85. In most endgame scenarios def is completely and utterly useless unless you have enough to make the difference substantial, eg jugg warrior or Prot priest, and even then higher hp builds are better.

There was never a point you were making. you tried to correct someone’s 20 hp:1 Def formula to 10hp:2Def formula.

You made the same mistake. Also, as I said,

In a void, my formula does evolve.

Correct, but how much? Obviously 1 def is better than 1 hp and 100 hp is better than 1 def where is the point at which xhp = xdef in certain situations?

I was trying to say that

is mathematically incorrect in almost all situations besides armor piercing.

Whenever I try to make a gear change I want to know if it is necessary.

Lmao I was never trying to make a formula. That’s stupid, because its always variable. I’m saying that I would rather have 10 hp than 2 def because it is generally more helpful.

I think it’d probably drop from manor or davies, manors don’t get much love anymore.