[Spoilers] Samurai and MotMG Items

If those really are the UTs that the Samurai are getting, they sound pretty bloody boring.
“Woah, that one shoots from the RIGHT instead of the left! What a game changer!”

If they don’t come out with a UT that’s called the ‘Wakizashi of Endless Cuts’ or someshit that shoots a fucking storm of shots at the enemy, I’m going to be very sad.
Maybe it could rapidly fire shots that cost like 5mp each, and you can hold it down for as long as you want until your MP runs out and it just keeps slashing from random directions where your cursor is, now THAT would be a very unique and cool UT to have.

which admin is this? I seel Sil3x and Krathan, but I don’t understand who this is supposed to be named after?

r4ndomSXD.

so rogues now have a damaging cloak and a stunning cloak

rogue rework to a sword class confirmed?

All classic (default) skins don’t move their feet while attacking. It’s horrible how a lot of skins have “blinking feet pixels” while shooting because it makes no sense.

tbh I’ve gotten so used to just using my skins that it looks weird when I play defaults for that specific reason.

In my opinion it feels a lot easier to see and avoid projectiles if my character doesn’t blink like a christmas tree.

Can’t agree more. Personally, I was in favor of the sheath being implemented as it did add some novelty to the game. However, the redundancy of this class is mostly the fault of the community’s overwhelming favor for the W-word thing. This class ability is about the same as a spell bomb or an assassin poison. Boring.

Come up with something new. Pointing -> pressing soulbound button -> getting loot – isn’t fun. After what, 6 years?, you’d figure someone would be able to come up with some game changing dynamic. Yes, we will have to wait and see. However, I feel quite disappointed as I’m sure many others do after testing out this class.

Unlikely that any wildcards will be thrown in with a few days til MotMG, but c’mon. The Wakizashi blows dude.

deca right about now

Lmfao Deca pls make spells even more broken with maxed Divine pets XD

Yeh but -175 mp even with divine that makes it more rounded

45+ every sec
45*4 = 180
would be 4sec lets say w/ rest mana around 2.5 - 3.2sec unlt next bomb
if 0mp (after quite ) 4sec for one spell bomb
for divine MAXED Divine

All classic (default) skins don’t move their feet while attacking. It’s horrible how a lot of skins have “blinking feet pixels” while shooting because it makes no sense.

In a fast-paced MMO RPG game where the main objective is dodging and attacking at the same time, you will spend 99% of your playing time “walking and shooting”, not “standing in one spot and shooting”. Therefore it makes no sense for attacking frames to have static feet because most of the time it would look super odd and unnatural. If anything, it’s default skins which have mistakes, and they should be fixed. But there is no need to carry old mistakes into the new content.

Imo they should jus trace seperate feet movements for while you’re attacking and walking and while you’re attacking and standing still, shouldn’t be too hard to implement

Yeah, I was thinking about it a while ago, it’s an obvious idea. But that would require 6 additional frames per each skin, and there are about 400 skins in the game currently, so that’s not that easy as it might seem.

There’s a difference between hard and tedious, it’s easy, it just placement change of two pixels on every skin, but it’s tedious and would take a long long time to do on 400 skins, yeah

I’d be up to that sort of idea. I don’t think it’d actually be as hard as some might think. Add a width of 24 to all skins and if there’s sprites inside that extra area, the game assumes moving and attacking. Otherwise it defaults to using the same attack frames for both cases. It’s the same sort of logic that makes the game assume the standing animation is also the moving animation when the 2nd side moving frame is empty. If that logic is in the game already, then I can’t imagine it takes that much to do it. Here’s an example of such an implementation, using Geeze’s Knight sprite (notice the subtle differences in both attack animation pairs):
The game would be reprogrammed to read the two different attack animation frames based on whether movement is registered while attacking. If these frames don’t exist in the space, then the game will assume the only ones for both cases, making this idea compatible with all the old 56 width sprite designs. The only change that would be needed is to resize the sprite maps (and their dye masks) to 80 pixels wide. A pretty simple change, really.

I’m not entirely against feet movement in the attack animations. However, many of the sprites in-game seem a bit silly the way it’s implemented.
Ok. That’s a little more sensible.
I have this skin in-game, and I can tell you I like it better than the Mystic skin.
It’s a really controversial thing in the game, to be honest. Even major spriters for the game are in disagreement of the idea of having feet move the same way as walking for attack frames, be they for or against.

Also, there’s a lot more wrong with the samurai classic sprite than just the feet moving in attack (see my above post for how I debunk it).

Actually, classic skins do have moving feet for attacking. But only for the side animations, which makes sense. For the front/back attacking animations, it won’t make sense to have blinking feet pixels because it implies that the character is constantly jumping from one leg to the other.

I agree with your suggestions, the sweeping feet in that mystic skin look really sweet.

To address some of your points about default samurai skin:

Where’s the skin shading?

None of the default skins have two skin tones apart from Necro, and even that one is not shaded properly. Mystic, Trix and Huntress have weird greeinish things which I always assumed were earrings or something like that, but it’s not skin shading either.

Not shaded properly (profile and front)

Define “proper” body shading. On most default skins lighter tone is applied only to the top part of the skin (above the belt), however for some of them (Necro, Ninja) it’s applied to the whole height of the skin. A lof of other skins use two shades in the bottom (below the belt) part of the skin. Who said that yours is the right one and chosen by artist is the wrong one?

Dafuz is that arm movement?

I agree that yours looks closer to what most default skins do. However, that’s the only thing I would really change about this skin.

But only for the side animations, which makes sense.

Idk, doesn’t make sense to me. Characters move and shoot in all directions, not only in side view.

For the front/back attacking animations, it won’t make sense to have blinking feet pixels because it implies that the character is constantly jumping from one leg to the other.

How else would you convey walking/running in front/back animation? Most available alternatives look super wonky and weird. Plus, that’s exactly how running is already pictured in walking frames, so attacking frames only should add weapon on top of that.