[Spoilers] Samurai and MotMG Items

None of the default skins have two skin tones apart from Necro, and even that one is not shaded properly.

Most of the classic skins have a noticably darker skin tone at the back of their head. That’s what I was getting at with how the skin I lampooned had no such shading.

Who said that yours is the right one and chosen by artist is the wrong one?

That’s a fair point to make. I should have said “not shaded in-line with that shading exhibited by many of the other classic sprites.” Serves me right for weasel-wording.

I’m not really against them moving their feet while shooting, I might have expressed myself wrong. I just think that the blinking front/back shooting animation pixels are horrible and don’t really fit in any skin. I think RJEleven has some nice points.

Perhaps the examples I’ve used for (in my opinion) better implementations of leg movement in attacks weren’t the best. There are many reskins of classes that use that sweeping leg movement when attacking (the stone statue skins are most notable for that, and perhaps the best examples). As I’ve said before, it’s such a controversial debate that will probably never end.

…and most people don’t even notice, I guess. Hahaha.

Personally, I only got annoyed by this because once my slime-skinned rogue had 93 dex and the feet moved as fast as I shot. So it was sort of annoying to look at.

Most players look at their characters as a whole or at enemies and their shots while playing.
Do you have a foot fetish?

I don’t think so, feet aren’t that interesting.

It’s hard not to notice them when it looks like your character is doing a professional tap dance.

With the arguments made, I’ve decided to rework my “fix” into a compromise. The feet now move in all attack animations, but in a way distinct from the movement animations. I also added the wakizashi to the sprite for style points.
RotMG%20Samurai%20Fixed%20Large%20and%20Bordered

With no samurai skins on the MotMG calendar… wondering if samurai’s going to be not pushed out until September. Maybe call it Septemberamurai… Samuraiteptember, … erm Septemburai, yep nailed it.

87u6jt54g33243243431894dh34d9874h32d

[Edit: merged this post and replies onto the earlier thread - Nevov]

Samurai sprite is the one thing about the class that I like.

but isnt it just copy and paste class sprite #54354, tbh what i like about the idea is that it doesnt resort to the “sheath” method that the others use

I don’t really like the skin, but with the 300,000 reskins available, I’m excited to see if I can become an anime character.

ninja would more likely be the anime guy as ninjas are more common in pop culture about japan

Deca knows better than to pervert the image of the ninja. You don’t want the ninjas coming after you.

Samurais are all dead, so there’s no chance for retaliation.

ninjas are also all dead tho…
tbh ninja should have just been an assassin skin and not its own class

Ha, that’s just what they want you to think. Never underestimate the ninja.

That would suck. Also that’s the event calendar. The daily prize calendar might have a skin.

There’s a slime skin already made, and the maker of the kingdom skins has said he made one for samurai, just that deca forgot to put it in.

Ninja is literally just the Japanese word for assassin, ninjas will NEVER all be dead

Pretty sure it was on the ??? Character that it would come out during motmg. It may have been left out when it got changed to samurai