Sprite Wand needs a Buff?

I just wanted to discuss whether or not Sprite Wand needs a buff.
Sprite wand has long been one of my favorite UT items. it finds practicality amongst lower-class players or high maxed players who want some fun, but nobody can argue that it is too weak compared to a high-tier/UT wand and thus finds itself obsolete in the high Sorcerer and Priest metagame.

Here are the current stats:
**Fame Bonus:" 0%
ROF: 100%
Damage: 5-210
Fires wavy shots at amp 1 freq 1

Notably, its high variability of shot is the most of any weapon in the game; also, it has no fame bonus making the wand unviable to high level players.

It does shoot like a doku, and to wider bosses (the shots will hit even outside a meeting point, e.g. Tomb bosses, Thessal, Avatar) it still retains a fair DPS. I use this wand on Test Chests just because it does OK DPS that rivals the T11 wand. Its poor performance against high defence enemies still makes it really bad.

Here’s the buff I propose:

Fame Bonus: 2% (earlier UT so fame bonus can’t be critically high)
ROF: 105% Just a little buff since Sorc and Priest don’t attain the DEX rate of a Ninja or Dagger class
Damage: 5-220 (keep this and add a little average damage)
and retain the waviness of shots.

This will make the wand a lot more viable to players and it will be a nice little meta tweak to keep players raring to play the wand classes more often. Since it is a cyan, high level players won’t need the C-wand to play Priest or Sorc (similarly to how high level players won’t play Ninja w/o a Doku no Ken).

please tell me what you guys think!

Status effect idea

Sprite wand is a meme and always will be, I highly doubt it needs change.

I think its supposed to useless, but it would be cool if it had a firerate of 500% and 1-42 damage (=same dps at 0 def)

I think that would be a nice change. When I build characters I almost always start for the bottom just for fun, because im not the biggest fan of trading, but dont get me wrong I still trade and it is defenitily useful. Anyways as I go through the low lvl items it would be nice to see a couple nicer UT items with more use then just pet food. Great idea!

It’s okay to have a few lower level UT’s. I wouldn’t mind seeing a fame bonus on it, but it really doesn’t need a “buff”.

Intro to rant

okay well here’s my opinion. Sprite Wand does NOT need a buff. I like it a lot, but it’s very practical. Doesn’t really have a use unless you’re a new player or for fun. Even because of this, it’s in a low-mid tiered dungeon. If we’re going by your concept of buffing items because they’re weak, then shouldn’t DECA also buff everything from The Hive?

Current stats

As of right now, I believe that the stats are just fine. Sure, it is weak, but it’s weak because it’s in the Sprite World, an EASY and WEAK dungeon! To beat it in like 30 seconds, just bring an electric pet and a warrior. The burst of damage will make you complete the dungeon in very little time; it’s okay for items to be weak.

it’s not an endgame dungeon we’re talking about. Nobody would use this over any other viable wand, fame bonus or not.
So why does it not need a buff? It doesn’t need a buff because it’s actually not that bad. Here’s the DPS Chart of the Sprite Wand vs. the T11 Wand.

It does even more than the T11 wand! so why does this even need a buff if it rivals the second best tiered wand?

No, it doesn’t. It does more damage than the T11 wand against high defense enemies.

Your Buff

Okay, I understand that this is a SMALL buff, and not one that will drastically change the item. However, this is not needed. To actually explain my point, it would do so much better. Here’s the DPS Chart:

This is NOT okay. It now does more damage than Recomp and Conduct. This is very broken for an item coming from the SPRITE WORLD. Even if your argument is: “It doesn’t pierce”; you could use it on bosses or chests, which is one enemy. The buffed sprite wand would be used a lot more, for just an item coming from a cyan bag from the sprite world.

With the buff, people will play it, because it does more damage than the T12 wand, and since it is a cyan? Expo is a cyan, and lots of people use it.

The only thing I’m okay with on your buff is the Fame Bonus. I do agree that it needs a bit of fame bonus, whether it would be 1% or 2%.

tl;dr: it doesn’t need a buff. for more in-depth reasoning, look at my above explanations

So literally all you did was add a few numbers to some old numbers?

kinda ish doku for wand classes ish

I think it was intended to be a troll item, kind of.

I’d like to see it being used regularly though, instead of just for screwing around.

It could be given some quality that makes it a little more desirable, especially for newer players who are going to be looting it fairly early in their Rotmg playing (a bit similar to how the crystal staff is okay for a 0/8 as an alternate to approx T8 staff).

As it is currently though, newer players should just drop it on the ground. Its extreme wavyness and not piercing makes it virtually useless.

Its shot sprites also are the most boringest bleh orangey-brown. Didn’t I hear that it was something special in the “ancient” days of Rotmg, firing varying colours or something? I couldn’t find any video of it though. Maybe Deca can put some of its re-graphic-ing obsession towards making it have at least an interesting projectile?

Its last update did increase its mean DMG - (50 - 150 vs current 5 - 210) but the new wavyness made this a nerf, not a buff.

(Below vid shows it pretty well in its 2012-2014 “pre-wavy” incarnation, was fine for levelling or for a unmaxed godlands-farmer-type character. Couldn’t find any hard info or vid about it from “ancient” days though.)

Actually, I think this deserves a move.

Moved to Ideas, originally in Game Discussion

Because that’s what it’s supposed to be?

I don’t know; I use it for test-chests and it is still a potent item for loot…

On slower or more stationery enemies this wand remains potent; The doku-style shooting, although it doesn’t pierce, works well during circling damaging phases; I just thought a slight buff would make the sprite wand more viable to play. Many players don’t realise that the Sprite Wand has the same Average DMG of a T11 wand; however, because of its non-fame bonus and little benefits of playing it’s non-meta. I think it should be…

oh, I didn’t realise that the wand was so potent; I will do some more experimentation and see if I can find a more viable buff. Thanks for the chart!

I didn’t realise I keep using the word “potent”; I would do well do advise myself to use a better word. #lmfao

many items are underrated, and this is one of them

here’s an idea. since the damage is okay for an item of its tier, a better buff can include:

• ̶2̶0̶0̶ ̶feed power --> 300 feed power
  • ̶0̶%̶ fame bonus --> 2% fame bonus
  • ̶9̶ range --> 9.2 range
  • ̶5̶ ̶-̶ ̶2̶1̶0̶ ̶(̶1̶0̶7̶.̶5̶)̶ Damage --> 10 - 205 (107.5) Damage

These are slight changes but will make the sprite wand a lot better.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.