Sprites

Hey you! Yeah, you! I’m gonna start spriting and I’m gonna need ideas of what you guys want me to make. Also, if I make a good enough skin, is there any chance of it being put into the game?

EDIT: I can’t keep updating this, my pc broke. Don’t hate please :frowning:
DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently i can sprite on my phone now so uh here the sprites come

Dagger of Twisted Deeds:
UT
Soulbound
1100 FP
dagger%20of%20twisted%20deeds
This dagger has very noticeable twists and turns… is it like that for a reason?
Damage: 300 FLAT
Rate of fire: 90%
shots will curve outward and inward, much like the Staff of Esben.
Stat bonus: -2 DEX +2 SPD
(Tell me if I’m forgetting something)

Winterfell Knight
winterfell%20knight%20standing%20animationwinterfell%20knight%20walking%20right%20animationwinterfell%20knight%20standing%20animation
winterfell%20knight%20standing%20left%20animationwinterfell%20knight%20walking%20left%20animationwinterfell%20knight%20standing%20left%20animation
winterfell%20knight%20frontwinterfell%20knight%20walking%20forward%201winterfell%20knight%20walking%20forward%202
winterfell%20knight%20back%20animationwinterfell%20knight%20walking%20backwardswinterfell%20knight%20walking%20backwards%202
WILL UPDATE MORE TOMORROW

sure there is! deca hosts some art contests from time to time, and depending on how good your skin is, it may very well turn out to be a winner. be warned that there’s plenty of competition though, and you should keep an eye out on reddit in case deca decides to host an art contest sometime.

good luck on your spriting!

yes, it will be added in game if it wins. you will not have to pay and you will be credited. just know that there’s no material gain from this.

thanks!
Also, if my skin does end up in the game, will I get to have the skin in game or will I have to pay?

I have no idea how good you are, but how about a skin that looks like a beetle dude?

I don’t think we have any insect skins yet, despite how excessively numerous skins have become.

The first thing I thought of was a jester type priest.
would that be good?
Started 2 mins ago, here’s what i’ve got so far. tell me what class it sorta looks like.
mad%20jester
@xaklor

how good the sprite is has more to do with what the sprite looks like, the concept doesn’t matter quite as much

but if you’ve already got an idea of something to make, why are you asking for ideas? :thinking:

I need to go so I’ll try to cram in as much feedback as I can since you seem like the hyper-attentive type

I could see it being a priest, but the wand color and the bell color on the hat look similar at a glance, so it all looks like one whole thing instead of two things that happen to be near each other.

the straight black/red robe needs a bit of shading, don’t start with straight black and then never use another color. usually for “black” colors you actually want a dark gray, you might also want to try making the dark gray tinted slightly red so it looks like the two colors belong together.

the sleeve on the arm and headpiece are exactly the same color, so they look like they’re connected instead.

in short: add some shading, change black to dark gray, change the color on the wand, and make the sleeve/headpiece look like they aren’t connected. then come back and take another look at it to see if it can be improved. also you’ll want to make other frames and a back/front view.

lastly, a repeat of my previous question: if you’ve already got an idea of something to make, why are you asking for ideas? :thinking:

@moderators

… :thonk:
Can you at least explain this? Xaklor tried to give you some advice, it seems a bit sudden for you to decide to close

Okay, this is EPIC.
seriously if you give up when it gets hard you’re going to be a failure in life unless you were born into a rich family.
come to think of it you probably were born into a rich family.
and if you aren’t, well, good luck sleeping on the streets, you better hope that piece of half eaten bread you found wont give you hepatitis

Sorry I didn’t clarify, my pc drive is fried and can’t use it.

oh

but luckily, puffin browser saves the day :smiley:
also, knight skin coming up.

winterfell looks like a lack of shading, resprited knight skin wunderwaifu made for the motmg kingdom skins. Even at its best it’s an existing skin with dyes

interesting dagger, not sure how the damage compares to the other daggers.
dont forget to include range and shot speed

holy crap didn’t even realize that it looked like wunder’s skin. How could I change/fix it?

yeah he can’t do nothing about that

don’t be rude

I like the item description.

Give it frequency: 0.5 and amplitude: 1 to get the esben shot pattern.

The esben pattern can be difficult to handle but this dagger should probably do less damage.

http://www.pfiffel.com/dps/ is good for balancing stuff.

i mean i would just start messing around with whatever, there were a few types of sprites i was good at. start with those to build up some foundations and confidence and then when you feel ready move onto other things.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.