StarliAS and JoshBros extra special discussion thread [rogue DPS]

He started it, and this would set as an example for further arguments to not mess with me.

Why do you keep taking the bait? Doing this makes you look just as bad as JoshBros…

Alright, from now on I won’t talk to an ignoramus. That means you @JoshBros

@JoshBros You went from arguing about about the cloak to intentional provocation.

@StarliAS Calling someone out as an idiot is a direct violation of community guidelines.

Flagging these responses as off-topic and inappropriate.

^

No it isn’t.

Forum Rules & Guidelines:

Idiot isn’t offensive

Holy hell! You guys have been at it!

{Changed the title for clarification -SW2}

This one goes to my list of cancerous arguements.

Lol wtf is this thread I don’t even

Guess the “special” in the thread’s title isn’t just here for show.

Rogue has less DPS than other classes because it has the least trouble going in and staying in range compared to any other class in the game. Now that you can just buy a ST superdirk, it’s even easier to use than before.

Nowadays Rogues tend to leech a lot, tp to rusher when he’s almost at the end and get a free Cloak on the boss. This would get even more annoying if they had a Berserk buff on top of the Invisibility.

Furthermore, comparing every class to Warrior isn’t how you’re going to balance this game. Imagine how stupid things would get if Priest had decent-to-high DPS.

Giving the rogue some sort of compensation for ability usefulness reduction on party play is pretty cool.

GIF

More on-topic, I find a couple of uses for Rogues in party play:

1. Dungeon rushing (self explanatory)
  2. Special target elimination (When a room is filled with deadly combinations of enemy, e.g. alarm-bot and red abomination in mad lab)

The thing is, neither of these are rewarded by the game, especially for party play. Maybe not so for dungeon rushing, as you can get a couple of free hits before the others have arrived, but that’s not exactly encouraging cooperation…

Of course, sorc and necro need more work than rogue, but that’s off-topic

usually the one with the better/more useful ability has the lower dps in their weapon group. for example, knight has the lowest dps, but the stun can easily be the most useful ability. rouge’s cloak is more useful than poison of prism but it is weaker. priest’s healing is useful, but worse than sorc when it comes to damage

I actually think the poison is the best ability for the dagger classes, because you can just get free damage in from far away without even getting close to the boss/monster.

It’s not offensive.

Its True

lol

will it help you survive? no

Yeah it will, it helps you not go as deep for SB damage. You can do the lab boss without activating him just by throwing a bunch of poisons :^)

Actually it will b/c you can play more defensivly

Thats not same like rogue haveing low dps, the shield deals a lot of damage that compensates for the not so high dps

Except for the fact that:

1. you still need to deal with the entire dungeon before getting to the boss (which may or may not be much easier and faster with a Cloak or even a Prism than it is with a Poison)

2. Poisons have extremely low DPS (so by your own logic they should be buffed to hell).