Steamrolled Bosses Idea

Everyone hates it when bosses take 1.518238192389 seconds to die, such as O2 or Test Chests.

So I saw this idea on another thread but I can’t find it :frowning:

Make the health of bosses/chests in these dungeons based on the amount of players in the dungeon, ie shatters chests or Oryx/Stone Guardians

You guys can comment what you think is a good amount/formula for each of the following

-Crystal Prisoner
-Oryx the Mad God
-Oryx the Mad God 2
-Shatter Chest 1
-Shatter Chest 2
-Shatter Chest 3
-Hermit God
-Grand Sphinx
(I’ll also add anything that gets steamrolled)

EDIT: Hey look, it’s from HexusCold

Hp? That’s going to just slow down the steam roll. Just make everything armor break EZ

That idea is from me :slight_smile: hehehe

Yeah, I seem to remember reading something like this

As much as i don’t believe it, @DreadDrake is kind of right, making the bosses more dangerous would discourage people from getting too near them, and thus keep more warriors or other melees away from these bosses, thus taking away the main classes that steamroll, resulting in a balance…

And besides, it’s been discussed before, but here’s how it would work
let’s say there are 100 people in a realm:
20 or so are noobs that hang around the beach and lowlands
15 or so are somewhat into the game and go deeper into midlands and farm Snake Pits etc.
40 reside mostly in GodLands and farm dungeons and whatnot
20 more are purely dungeon farmers that do stuff
10 are people who do events but barely go deep and rarely get any damage in.
Finally, 10 of them are white stars or 8/8’s or something and go deep on events and deal the most damage.

Having the boss take account of all 100 people in the Realm would just result in more risk for the 10 that do the event, this would be futile and would never work in a game like Rotmg.

Also, imagine a guy soloing a Realm, how would he fare against the boss? Would it be damn easy?

There’s too many holes in this idea to work, i’m sorry, but that’s how it is.

While @Rammernaut is right and I support his views, I also support your idea but only in dungeons, as people who enter a dungeon only have the intention of fighting the boss. Therefore, bosses should have an evaluation phase/setting where they adjust difficulty based on players inside.

Damn, well said, this man knows more than me!!! Praise the observant JoshBros!!!

LotLL seems to get steamrolled alot.

aww shucks…
swoons

The event should evaluate based on all the players in it’s area (some tile radius idk) and there should be a baseline for how strong the event is, so that soloes aren’t easy.

Any test chest
Esbn
limon
Dr.Terrible
a few off the top of my head.
EDIT:
Enemy hp and def should scale from base based on how many players are actively participating in the fight, (done atleast 500 dammage to boss.)

How about something like ents and liches?
Just hint that drop chances and loot tier or whatever is increased based on what the damage dealt to the boss is during the eval phase. Also the difficulty is ramped based on that damage dealt.

Yes, it’s called evaluation phases.

Yeah, that thing

I can see an evaluation phase working for most things, but couldn’t also allow trolls? Imagine a warrior a paladin and an EP’er just going ham on something then not even participating.

Or the exact opposite, no one attacking and allowing the boss to enter ‘normal’ (i.e. what they are now) and then steamrolling them.

Every person near the event raises its hp

then all you can do to troll is have your whole guild go stand near and event and not shoot it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.