Story Archive

By ILikeCheese

Lord Ruthven

When the Warriors shattered into thousands. Oryx managed to catch one Necromancer. After poisoning the Necromancers mind with dark magic, Oryx trained it. For Months Oryx trained him, teaching him the ways of Dark Magic. Until one day, when Oryx had a unexpected Surprise of warriors, breaking through his castle, Oryx ordered Ruthven to Prove his skills and defeat the warriors. Ruthven then took over the mind of a Pet. He managed to kill dozens, but was killed. The telekinetic force of the pets death shot Ruthven through a Portal Oryx was testing. Ruthven Stayed hidden, Naming himself and practicing the arts of Dark Magic. He studied Necromancy and Shape Shifting. He was once found, in a Sub terranium part of the Castle, Hidden. He tried to kill the warrior that found him, but he escaped, and told EVERYONE of his Dungeon.

Vampire Bat Swarmers

While Lord Ruthven stayed hidden many bats came to the cave. They saw how Ruthven always aims near the head so they copied him. When the warrior came, the bats thought they could be a hero and aimed for the warriors eyes, confused, the warrior stumbled into the portal so Lord Ruthven ate every bat in the room. He ate a total of 163 bats. A few days later he got really angry and turned into 50 bats. He trained and trained then after a few weeks he mastered transformation.

By TrueNinjaTwist321

The Forbidden Jungle

There was once a tribe known as the Tlaloni. Before it was wiped out by a terrible plague, it celebrated its gods with gory sacrifices. When the plague struck, the Tlaloni chief Mixcoatl put his favorite mask on his head, sat upon his throne, and took one last breath.

His coughing cook was attempting to make a serum for this illness, with the most “godly” herbs accessible, as well as the high priest’s own thinning blood. But one by one they came down with the sickness, until there were no more Tlaloni. The jungles sat quiet without their chants for many hundred years.

Then along came a young vampiric lad named Ruthven (the same one you battle in the Manor of the Immortals). He was looking for exciting things. And he found it in what was left of the throne room of the Tlaloni.

“All my dorm-mates will envy me even more after this,” he smirked. And therefore Ruthven cursed the mask with some of his dark magic. But the mask turned against Ruthven, pinning him to the ground with his newly created arms, made of the dark-purple mixture that was supposedly the cure to the Tlaloni epidemic.

“You lured the sickness that took the lives of our people here.” said Mixcoatl’s mask.
“I did not, I swear,” squeaked Ruthven. “I-”

Then the mask covered Ruthven’s mouth with its palm. “You speak only lies,” it angrily whispered.

Then Ruthven turned himself into a swarm of vampire bats and escaped Mixcoatl’s grasp.
In a rage, Mixcoatl created more of the dark-purple serum from the blood obtained from the decaying body of the high priest. He poured it all over what was the Tlaloni tribe lands. Everything became fouled by it, from the ceremonial spears and robes, to the masks of the commonfolk, which became the hunters and shamans you see huddling around jungle fires. The lizards native to the jungle drank the concoction and became basilisks. And the spirits of those lost in the plague were loyal to Mixcoatl and huddled around totem poles, which were haunted by aristocratic spirits. These existed to brutally murder those who dared venture into the Forbidden Jungle. And it has been under guard since.

Septavius the Ghost God and the Undead Lair

Many speculate Septavius as Oryx’s father, but in fact, Oryx thought his deceased father after his execution did not be returned to the land of the living. Septavius is a common name in the Realm, such as “Jack” is a common name in the real world. Septavius was Oryx’s most prestigious follower and was a prince who ruled a kingdom of few. He prayed to Oryx for help against his enemies, which Oryx responded to with the assistance of his great army. Many of his kingdom’s citizens thought Prince Septavius was an extremist and after many years had enough. So one night an assassin slipped into his castle, took out the guards, and slipped a dose of potent poison into the prince’s water glass. When Prince Septavius awoke and sipped the glass of his water, he perished before he knew his time was up.

Oryx was enraged at the murder of his most devoted disciple. So with near immediacy he ordered his Lichs to bring the prince’s soul much power. The Lichs did as they were told, and soon after, the prince’s body was avenged with the fall of once his kingdom. Septavius hid in what was once his royal dungeon, and his followers became the underlings of the Undead Lair. The tar and mud used for torture were possessed by some spirits and turned into your Lair slimes. The brazen men on the walls of the obioulette became your average Lair Constructs, and there we have it, the Undead Lair is in its current state, ready to challenge all who come across it…

By ProWinner

The Stone Guardians

As the first adventurers defeated Oryx’s majestic minions within the realm, he realised that he would need more protection then just his Event Bosses and Setpiece Bosses to protect the entrance to his chamber. So Oryx got to work with his cunning mind. ‘But what to fabricate’? All the good ideas for evil monsters seem to have already been created. Demons, ghosts, and armies of the undead already ran in his realm. ‘Maybe some Zombies, or some Bats’? ‘No’. When the idea finally came to him, it struck him - and quite literally too - when he was walking around his castle, admiring the pits of pure evil and such. A huge and menacing stone statue toppled on him. But Oryx, being Oryx, naturally was not harmed (I hear you light blue stars who have been killed by him thinking ‘mores the pity’). But Oryx just shrugged it off, stood up, and promptly thought ‘Excellent! Statues shall be my protectors!’. Then, wielding aspects of dark magic, he infused two statues and turned them into the Stone Guardians, guarding his castle. ‘They would remain hard to defeat’, thought Oryx. He also plagued the castle with his Brutes, Warriors, Commanders, Knights, and Pets as well as other adversaries like other Stone Statues, Insect Minions and his living floor. Oryx’s castle was ready for the adventurers.

By SyedS

Ryan’s victory

Once there was a brave and smart rogue named ryan. he use to steal stuff will he was cloaked. everytime he met the oryx he stole every thing he had while he was cloaked with a cloak called cloak of the red agent. One day the Oryx got so angry he set a trap for him “if he thinks he is strong he should fight me,solo” So once the rogue entered the realm and saw nobody there, then all of a sudden the oryx teleported him to his castle and made him fight through all of his minions. So the rogue knew he could’nt either so he just cloaked himself and rushed through the castle and murdered the stone guardians. By the time Oryx saw him he was sweating. “Ryan You Swine, You just killed my stone guardians now you will pay for your sins” And shot a big bolt at him as he ran as fast as he could. he cloaked him self long enough to nearly kill him. Oryx teleported to the wine cellar and droped a bunch of good stuff. now people try to solo him or just kill him with the whole guild.

By Oddball20007

Freelancers

A small group of Warriors that inhabit the realm and Nexus are not there to defeat Oryx, they have been consumed by the Idea of self perfection and could not care less if the entirety of the Realm was under Oryx’s control.

By Unlimited Blade Works

The Hobbit Mage’s History + Builds after the Original Oryx

The ancient Hobbit Mages have passed down their history through aural tradition for centuries, named ‘builds’.

In the beginning, there was peace. The strongest creature of the realms were the sheep who ruled over both the Nexus and Realms. 13 Humans came into existence and co-existed peacefully with the sheep, and soon lived in the Nexus. How ever, among the peace and quiet, lived an adorable race named the Bunnies. The Bunnies were beloved by all and praised for their cuteness and charm, never meaning harm and only followed their friends. But, behind their facade of cuteness, lurked a darkness, so mad and tainted.

The Lady Bunny fell in love with the Sheep Leader. To maintain peace, the Sheep accepted her proposal. They had a child named Oryx, a half sheep, half bunny hybrid with the form of the Bunny’s madness. He was the embodiment of the anger the Bunny’s had hidden within themselves, and combined with his father’s powers, in one fatal swoop he had taken the realms and ran off with his mother. However, with the combined powers of the sheep and humans, the Nexus remained safe. The Humans began to populate the nexus and take land back from the now Mad Oryx. They created multiple Nexus’ in the area they settled in. They hated the Mad God for what he had done; he spread darkness and hate into every soul of every creature that lurked in the realms. Until the day, a brave woman faced him.

Oryx felt the madness leave him for a second. Dressed in her robes and staff, she showed no remorse nor hesitance in attacking. Oryx, for the first time, surrendered, on the condition that the woman stayed with him. She accepted. They had 2 children; the eldest son was named Oryxon, and the younger daughter was named Oryxii. Their father, on the request of their mother, seized fighting and retreated to a far corner of the Nexus, where he lives happily in a separate dimension with his loving wife.

The siblings did not stand for this. They took over their father’s position. Oryxon challenged all the mortals in the realm, whilst Oryxii stayed in their cellar to defend their home from invasion.

By NihonTaco

The Insane of a Mortal

There once was a lonely wizard, whom wanted to become very powerful. He then made himself believe that killing Oryx once and for all, solo, was the only solution. The guild he was in warned him not too, but the wizard was stubborn. He eventually made it to Oryx, soaked in the blood of his enemies, hardly breathing. Oryx laughed at the mere mortal, and said, “There is no way you can defeat me, but you have killed your way to me, so try your best.” The wizard leaped it the air, and shot Oryx in the leg with a powerful bolt of magic, and Oryx fell. As Oryx fell, he swiped his sword and severely injured the fatigued wizard. In a rage Oryx yelled, “You will die, mortal… but very slowly… hehehe…cough…” and in a flash, the wizard was teleported to the nexus.

He felt horrible, like a rock was shoved down his throat. Weeks passed, and he began to hallucinate. He was last heard saying, “My bones itch, and my brain is throbbing in pain, please… just leave me peace…”. He was not heard for days. Soon, they sent a search party to find, as they needed his powerful magic. The men were horrified. There, on the wooden floor of his house, they found the poor man mutilated, the bones removed in a pile in the room, a cold pool of blood on the floor. It seems he had done himself, by force.

The citizens of nexus continue to fear Oryx, and a relic was left behind of the old wizard, it was known as the staff of destruction, because of the sheer power of the bolts it fires. To this day, this is the reason no one fights against oryx alone, for fear of the similar fate the wizard faced.

By Alienstar250

Pet Elephants

once upon a time there was a sexy rogue named alienstar who was very powerful. one day he decided to rush the jungle dungeon as he had done when he got bored. he rushed the dungeon and killed mixcoatl the masked god. however he saw a large grey creature behind him. it was an elephant. he soon befriended it and coaxed 2 elephants(1 male 1 female) into hiding in his inventory. when he got to the nexus he sold them, he gave them to the devs, and the devs distributed them widley.

By PixelHero

The Mossy Oryx Statue

A long long time ago, Oryx’s father, Septavius, and her wife were so sad that Oryx had rampaged and killed them both. They built a statue of him located in the Vault, where only Tricksters and Rogues with Cloak of the Planewalker can go to. They used to spend picnics here, praying that Oryx may never rampage upon anyone again. Overtime, it got mossy. Septavius and her wife live in the Undead Lair, and when they moved in, forgot all about the statue they created.

The end… or is it?

By Gezking

The Arcaniumm, Diary Of A Survivor (Chapter 3)

7 years since the demon incursion and the signs of the cataclysm still scar the landscape, although defeated the demonic spawn of the abyss still roam the realms and tear at the countryside. The unholy creatures prowl the night and prey on those foolish enough to settle near the vast deserts these monsters call home. Tonight I saw the village of Dresdon burning in the distance…Why would they do this to us?

So many lives lost and so much death, I should never have opened that portal…
If only i had known…
ĞȜʑƘİИğ

By Orixy

The Pet Caretaker

The Pet Caretaker was a jolly soul who was known by many as a caring man and a brave fighter. However, when he reached the age of 64 he was now unable to fight according to the Nexus Rules. Given one last tour of the realm, he noticed some travelers in the shade of a tree caring for a new pet cat they rescued from Oryx. Realizing that the pets of the realm also needed a safe place to live, he went back to the Nexus and with the help of some powerful wizards, made another mini realm where the loyal pets of the realm could stay and wait as their masters went on adventures. He stayed to continuously help as to not lose a purpose in life. There, you may ask him POLITELY to care and breed your pets. And when the time comes he will be ready to upgrade your pet yard to be able to suit your pet’s needs.

By Ryton

Slurps

One day, after Thessal had agreed to being one of Oryx’s minions, she saw that there was a group of coral growing near her throne. Then, she saw a kind of gelatinous form that was the colour of of the ocean, (Turquoise) had glowing yellow eyes, and took the shape of a slug. So, because of the type of a “Slurping” sound that it made while it ate from the coral family that it had grown in, she named them “Slurps” and then took some as “Royal Pets” and named them “King Alexander”, “Slurpykins”, and Bubbles. (The last one was a different shade of turquoise then the others and protected Thessal with a series of “Bubble” attacks.)

Pet Slurps

Pet Slurps came from one generation of Slurp. the beginning of the generation being Thessal’s pet, “King Alexander”. So, what happened was; A very powerful and sexy necromancer named Ryton had ventured into the depths of the Ocean Trench. While there, he happened to stumble upon two of what he thought looked like a much more adorable version of a slug. (These so happened to be the two lost and wondering royal Slurps, “King Alexander” and “Slurpykins”.) So, seeing that they were so cute, he picked them up, put them gently in his robe-pocket, and fled to the Nexus to show everybody what he had found. And, as it seems, “Slurpykins” was actually a girl, and, was about ready to give birth to a “Slime” of cute little Slurp-babies! So, seeing this as an opportunity to make some quick Defense Pots, he sold half of the “Slime” of Slurps, and then kept the rest as his own, and gave some of the ones he had kept to his friends (some of the friends he gave them to were Pixl and Bluerocky, who treasure them greatly.) And, his most treasured Slurp(s) were “King Alexander” and “Slurpykins”. And, the exact reason why Thessal almost always screams, “Is King Alexander Alive?” is because she is very sad of the disappearance of her most treasured pet Slurps.

By Giggleworm

Pets

After people found about Ryton’s pet sea slurps, the people of the Nexus grew agitated and lonely, because they had no pets to care for. One day, a little kid befriended a penguin. The penguin, having become attached to the boy in less than 15 seconds, never left the boy. Eventually, the boy wandered home, and his mother was shocked to find that he had befriended an animal (or pet, if you will). Soon, everyone was befriending wild animals and minions to make them pets. Many of these attempts failed, but some of the original pet’s ancestors still remain today, being sold in the Nexus.

By Piffer

Journal Entry, 06/07/12 Maryland

I’ve been trying to warn people to stay away from the mountains. It’s safer in the the valley, in nature’s dark abyss. We will continue our quest for the golden grape in the morning, but I know I won’t be getting very much sleep tonight. I can’t seem to find my cat, BowserKat. We shall drink wine from the vine of the heavens and smoke the herbs we’ve found deep in the forest nearby. I’m in search of Rype as I understand he is also fond of wine. Perhaps if I have a taste of this Rum that Medic found in the cave earlier today I can work up the inspiration to mix another DJ set for the upcoming event I have prepared. So much to do, so little time. I have no magic left in me anymore.

By medic

Journal Entry, 04/04/13 Maryland

BowserKat chewed through all the wires so now I’m on an old Tandy that I got from Radio Shack. I’m just happy to have BowserKat back again.

By Who & Arc

Slime Gods

They are actually enchanted dung piles of Oryx. He has a cologne problem, which played a big part in his descent into madness. Apparently, his magical powers made his slime have flesh-burning abilities.

Djinn

At some point, Oryx, in his spiral downwards, came across a magical lamp. It held a magical genie that granted him three wishes. The first wish was for the genie and all of his descendants to be part of Oryx’s army. The second wish was for some wine. The third, and scariest wish, was for evil bunnies.

Sprites

Sprites are a creation of Oryx when he thought that color itself was not evil enough. He quickly began to order his demons to drain the color from the ground and transform them into evil beings known as Sprites which are incarnations of ghost-like abominations. When the number of sprites quickly got out of hand, Oryx ordered the strongest Sprite to become the leader. This Sprite’s name was Limon.

Cubes

The sages say that the world and everything in it is made of fundamental building blocks, called “Cubes.” The average adventurer is said to be made out of dozens of them, and the world out of millions. The Cubes encountered in Oryx’s realm are manifestations of these primal elements, brought into being as a side-effect of the dark magic Oryx uses to create his worlds. Neither good nor evil, you can receive The Cubes’ favor by leaving them in peace. Initially perplexed by these odd imperfections dotting his worlds, Oryx dismissed them as the result of drinking a little too much wine while creating a realm. He soon realized their potential, however, and taught himself the ability to summon these elements into a lethal hurricane of natural forces, known as the Cube God. He has to be roaringly drunk to create one, however, exhausting a large amount of his wine, which explains why he gets so angry whenever you quell one of these god-like elemental storms.

Stat Potions

Originally, Stat Potions were used by Oryx so that he can become stronger. Of course, his minions need a fair share of the potions as well, which explains why you will get stat potions when you kill Realm Gods. Since Oryx has become too proud, he thinks that he didn’t need any more stat potions. Therefore, you find stat potions when you kill gods as they keep it by their side as a healthy beverage.

Pirates

Pirates came to this realm like the Paladins, Warriors, Necromancers, Rogues and others did, but instead they joined Oryx to kill every living human in the realm. Tough, puny, and weak, they are angered for being Oryx’s weakest minions, and never stop trying to kill every human in the realm, even if that means letting their leader die at the hands of the adventurers.

The Realm

Oryx was born into a bad family as the second-born son to the king Septavius, but under a unknown name which has been removed from all documents and memory by the United States Government. When he found out that he was not the heir to the throne he killed his brother in a fit of anger. When Septavius found out what Oryx had done he banished him from the kingdom and forced him to leave.

Oryx roamed the eastern lands for many years. During his travels, he met with a demon named Malphas who gave him the magical Black Armor which he now wears along with vast libraries of Black Magic. He began uniting gruesome creatures and monsters, promising to help them overthrow man, and gained an army. He returned to his father’s kingdom, proclaiming he had the powers of a God and called himself Oryx. He laid siege to his father’s kingdom and after a year won. He then publicly executed his father gruesomely and sucked the fluids from every resident of the kingdom, turning them into hideous skeletons.

When the news of what had happened to Septavius’ kingdom reached the other continents they all agreed to send one each of their finest warriors. Together, they sent a Warrior, a Knight, a Priest, an Archer, a Huntress, a Mystic, a Wizard, a Necromancer, a Rogue, an Assassin, a Trickster, a Paladin, a Sorcerer, and a Ninja. (Information about the warriors sent spread far and wide and new warriors are still being found.) When they arrived at the gates to Oryx’s kingdom, they began to slaughter Oryx’s army since together they were more powerful than any evil. When they reached Oryx’s throne room Oryx tore a hole in the fabric of time and sent the warriors into it.

While Oryx meant to kill the warriors, their will was too powerful for Oryx’s dark magic and they were simply shattered into thousands of their own personalities. When they woke up they could see thousands of people that looked just like them. They woke up in the Nexus which was made accidentally by Oryx when he created the realm. It is thought to be a memory of when he was a boy. When the warriors left the safety of the Nexus, they found that Oryx had made manifestations of his army to guard the way out of the realm.

The warriors spent many days hunting across the realm in search of every last minion to slay. As the archer shot his arrow through the heart of the last demon, Oryx, who was watching from the safety of his throne room which wasn’t in the realm, couldn’t stand it anymore. He jumped through a portal into the realm along with his strongest minions to challenge the warriors to a battle.

The warriors were able to overcome Oryx but before he was defeated, he quickly switched the portal into the real world for an entrance into another one of Oryx’s realms. He then returned back to his throne room to recover and prepare for his next encounter with the warriors.

Lord of the Lost Lands

As Oryx creates new realms, he does not really place each minion of his by hand. Instead, he lets them expand and populate (certain enemies like certain terrain). But there are just some zones in his realm where Oryx’s minions just won’t go, also known as “Lost Lands”. He has thought of these areas as imperfections created by drinking too much wine (to create Cube Gods). As a result, he either created or commissioned (no one really knows) a Lord of the Lost Lands to take over the “Lost Lands”. But after solving the problem himself, Oryx still found the Lord of the Lost Lands brutally effective. The Lord of the Lost Lands was originally the ruler of the Kingdom of Ogmur, which is the namesake of the legendary shield that he drops. This can imply that the lost lands were in fact once the kingdom of Ogmur. However the kingdom was destroyed when Oryx took over their realm.

By Madhutty

The Mysterious Crystal

In a far away realm, dark sorcerers practice illegal magic that is potentially catastrophic. If caught, these sorcerers are not sentenced to death as they could easily escape it. Instead, they are bound by the divine rights into a self repairing crystal and cast out of existence. Occasionally, there will be a fault in the warp and the crystal will plummet downwards into an unsuspecting realm. Adventurers are then tricked by the voice within the crystal and eventually gather enough people to break the crystal open. The prisoner is then released, along with dark memories as everything bursts outwards and dark magic surges through the air. The prisoner attempts to outsmart the adventurers and viciously attack, however the Prisoner is almost always defeated. Sometimes, prisoners so dark are cast into these crystals and when they are broken… It is not the usual outcome.

The Ghost King

The Ghost King once was a king, like any other. In the 3rd era, he ruled supreme over the realms, and nobody would dare defy his dictatorship. Some citizens cried for democracy; however they were put down by his army.

One fateful day, the Ghost King’s desire for power grew too far. He sought to Septavius, the high Emperor. He planned to assassinate him by himself and went by the moral of ‘No witness, no crime.’ He turned to the black market, and purchased some highly potent poison, extracted from the treacherous ‘Baneserpent’. At a religious service, he dropped the poison from a balcony and it killed Septavius and all of his Knights except for one knight, that called himself ‘Oryx’.

Oryx persued the Ghost King, and killed him shortly after the assassination. He placed a curse, condemning the King to serve eternally to him, protected by Septavius’ knights that he killed, whom of which would only betray him. Oryx avenged his emperor, and commemorated an entire lair to him. Additionally, as the last remaining servant of Septavius, he directly inherited the throne and Oryx was the new Emperor, and the people had to refer to him as ‘God’, like all reigning Emperors.

Since this day, the realms would never be the same…

By MrLoaf

The Ancient Art of Melding

The Origin of Melding

Long ago, before Oryx, before Septivus, from the very beginning, there was an ancient art of Melding. This required going to one of 7 places throughout the realm and combining a number of the same exact items to form a stronger item. As no two Melded items were alike, successfully Melded items were considered very rare.

The 7 zones earlier mentions were special because the ground there had abundant magical nodes. They were the remnants of the 7 Gods of Before. However, with the progression of ROTMG and the addition of the Nexus, the only one currently still accessible is in the Lair of Shaitan, but as Melding has been removed from the game this doesn’t really matter. As with the Lair, the rest of these nodes were scattered in very inaccessible places, even by the strongest warriors. As the art of Melding became lost to the ages, Melded items became rarer and rare. Examples of Melded items currently in the game are the Staff of Extreme Prejudice and the Cloak of the Planewalker. Besides these two items, both found in the Sprite World, there are very little remnants of this forgotten art.

Melding Before Oryx

During the reign of Septavius, Melding was an art that only the most practiced of mages could actually do. In the beginning kings and conquerors would give many riches to be Melded. However as time passed, people realized that more often than not the Meld was a failure and all the items were lost. This led to less and less Melding going on. Additionally, successfully Melded items were sometimes so powerful, they destroyed the very fabric of reality (curious about that? click here). These reasons led to Melding becoming very rare and evened frowned upon in some places. With so little Melding going on, successfully Melded items became very rare. Only a few people had ever even seen one. The few Melded items were in possession of unfathomably powerful people, mostly living alone in the mountains, wiping out any god and clearing any dungeon solo with ease. There were rumors that these items drove people insane. This was fueled by the fact that nobody had ever talked to an owner of a Melded item. Occasionally there were sightings of a lone wizard walking around the mountains holding a staff nobody had ever seen, but that was it. If anyone had ever spoken to these people, they never told their story. Septavius was content with this being the case because they never interfered with him and he never interfered with them. In fact, it was a bit better for him because he could roam the mountains without much fear from gods. However this same fact angered other people. They came to the mountains to farm gods and dungeons, but there were next to none. This angered many people. A group of advanced players came together to attempt to drive these strange people out of the realms. They banded together in a group of 15, sweeping the mountains. They found no sign of anybody. They repeated this process, but to no avail; the Melded item wielders were nowhere to be found. This went on for a time and they were able to farm the monsters in the mountains. The other people were never found. Things continued this way for some time, then came Oryx.

Melding After Oryx

When Oryx took power in the realm, Melding decreased dramatically. Oryx knew that these items could be unfathomably powerful, so he banned Melding in the realm. Of course this did not stop very many people from doing it so he took further measures. He had guards posted at each of the accessible Melding locations. This drove many would be Melders away because they did not want to die with their items. However behind his curtain of Meld hating, Oryx secretly yearned for one of these powerful items. Because they were all soulbound, he could not get them from dead adventurers. Using his powerful magic, he called all the Goblin Mages to his castle. With all in attendance, he established a telepathic link with them If any adventurer was seen with one these rarities, they would call for him. This lead to many Melders hiding their weapons away in their vaults. The adventurers who were tasked with keeping away the Melders began to relax and do more dungeons on their own. This lead to a swelling in the number of rare items on the market. There were days when an Acclaim was worth a measly mana stat potion. This made very low level adventurers buy very advanced gear. Overall the equipment of players in the game rose greatly. This also worried Oryx, for the people ransacking his castle had far greater gear than he was used to. He had to figure out a way to stop this from happening.

He unbanned Melded items and broke his link with the Goblin Mages. When this didn’t work he used his two enormous Stone Guardians to defend outside halls of his castle. He also filled his castle with Haunted Armors and other minions. This seemed to balance out the fight, as many of the lower level players were inexperienced and nexused when they saw the new dangers. However then Oryx did something that changed the game forever. He hoarded all the life and mana potions and distributed them to the very hardest monsters in the realm. This made them very hard to come by. This drove the economy of the game into the ground. There were times when even a Skysplitter Sword was worth an Ring of Unbound Health. Over time however, the economy evened out into about what it is today. The Melders however, were still nowhere to be found. Unbeknownst to the rest of the world, they had come together in secret to plot against the Mad God and other evil beings throughout the land.

By MrLoaf

Robe of the Grand Sorcerer

Draws inspiration from The Wizard by GRYDLLR

Many believe that the powerful Robe of the Grand Sorcerer is only red from the precious stones of the same color that decorate the robe. However, the robe’s fibers are red for another, sadder reason. After the wizard’s wife was murdered by Oryx’s minions, he dedicated his life to defeating Oryx and avenging his wife.

His campaign went on for many years, and he had still not defeated Oryx. He had gathered some of the best magical gear in the land and had even created the most powerful staff in existence. He had fought his way through Oryx’s castle with the strongest of warriors. Every time they were ready to kill Oryx, he retreated into his wine cellar and hid. At that time the way inside was unknown.

The wizard searched throughout the land for a way to follow Oryx into his lair, but found nothing. He had almost given up his search when his friend the rogue paid him a visit. The rogue had been spying on some very advanced players and heard that one of them had found a strange item, dropped from a sprite god. He said it was called “Wine Cellar Incantation.” When the wizard heard this he knew inside that this was the key to finally defeating Oryx. He found the players and offered them many riches for their incantation. They refused saying it was the only one in existence. The wizard and the rogue left empty handed. The wizard took it upon himself to find his own incantation, so he started searching the entire realm for one. They say he killed over three hundred thousand sprite gods with no result.

A year went by, the wizard had not found his incantation and his patience was waning. He said to himself, “I will go out searching for one more day.” On this day he found something very peculiar. There was a nest of 7 sprite gods. He could not penetrate it. His spell was useless against them and he was constantly chased away by their purple sprays. He banded with 7 other players including his friend the rogue to defeat them. When they had defeated the gods, something fell on the ground. His heart leapt. Inside was the sought after incantation!

Later that day, when the realm had closed, he and the 7 players wound up in the Oryx fight as they usually did. Once again, at the last instant Oryx retreated into his wine cellar before he could be defeated. However this time the wizard used the wine cellar incantation when Oryx was gone. To the group’s surprise, a portal appeared which smelled faintly of grapes. They plunged inside.

Inside the wine cellar they quickly found that they were in two groups. They slowly cleared out the hallways of the dungeon, fighting against new enemies that confused and left toxic sludge on the floor. Two characters had to flee to the Nexus and one even died, his grave standing out against the dark colored creatures. However the wizard and his remaining friends fought on until the found Oryx, sitting in a chair, drinking some wine. When he say them he had such a fright, he sprayed wine all over his walls. “Minions! Come remove these intruders from my presence!” When no minion came Oryx attacked them himself. Somehow he was even more powerful in his wine cellar than in his castle, and two more characters fell to his blasts of power. Just the wizard and the rogue were left.

They toiled in a battle lasting for 2 hours. After so long a fight Oryx began to tire. The wizard saw his weakness and encouraged the rogue to rush for a heavy attack. The rogue cloaked himself in shadow and released a rain of bullets upon Oryx. The wizard then saw his chance and moved in, popping his spell time and time again right below Oryx’s feet. It worked! Oryx fell to the ground in a heap. The wizard and the rogue moved in to collect their loot. However as they reached Oryx’s corpse, it exploded into thousand pieces. The wizard, who was right next to the body as it exploded, was torn to shreds. The rogue managed to cloak in time and move away from the blast so he was minimally injured. He went to the wizards body and saw that that his master’s robe, once bright green had been completely stained red with the blood of the wizard. However when he looked upon the wizard’s face, he saw that it was smiling. He too smiled, as he realized that the wizard had achieved his life’s goal and avenged the death of his murdered wife.

The rogue was sad at the loss of his friend, but made sure his legacy would continue. From his body he took his bloodstained robe and gave to a group of powerful wizards, saying it was imbued with the deepest magic, love. The wizards took this gift and using their powers made it into the most powerful robe in the world. Next time when you don this robe, remember it’s history and feel proud that the wizard of old is still remembered by players today.

Staff of Extreme Prejudice

Some people have heard of the mythical Staff of Extreme Prejudice, and even fewer have possessed it. To understand the story behind this awesome weapon we need to first understand it’s name. The definitions of “prejudice” are: 1) preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience, and 2) harm or injury that results or may result from some action or judgment.

Now if you have read the above story you know about the wizard and his quest to kill Oryx (I suggest reading that story before this one). You also know that I dropped a quick bit about that same wizard making the most powerful staff in existence. You may have been wondering about the story behind it. This is that story.

Midway through the wizards campaign against Oryx. He got his 5th Staff of the Cosmic Whole. Now this staff was the most powerful staff that wasn’t soulbound in the entire realm. He knew that selling 4 of these staffs would bring him great wealth, but wealth was not important to him. What was important to him was killing Oryx and avenging the death of his wife. He was already a very powerful wizard, but it wasn’t enough for him. He always wanted to be more powerful. It was after he had gotten his fifth tier 12 staff that he began experimenting in the ancient art of Melding. This is a now extinct art of combining ROTMG items to make insanely powerful creations ( Note: this is how the Cloak of the Planewalker) Well the wizard went to the Lair of Shaitan, the only place Melding is possible, to do something with these staffs. He easily dispatched Shaitan, the advisor of Oryx, and set to work casting the many spells necessary to Meld so many items of such tremendous power. After half an hour of casting, when he thought nothing would happen, the staffs stirred. They all lifted up into the air and swirled around each other. The crystals within the staffs shown so bright the wizard couldn’t see. Suddenly, the wooden handles of the staffs shattered into wooden fragments that scattered everywhere like shrapnel. The central gems of the staffs melted together to form a sort of cone while the outside gems became a single large gem in the middle. The huge piece fell to the dirt, melting the ground around it. By his magical art the wizard knew he must find a rod powerful enough to handle this behemoth of a gem. He set out to look for one.

The wizard’s travels took him all over the realm. He fought Oryx (who always retreated into his wine cellar), he fought Janus and Shaitan, he completed Trenches, Tombs, and Crawling Depths. He found nothing worth of the gem he possessed. He felt inside him that if he found the legendary staff rod he could use it to finally kill Oryx once and for all. He thought to himself that perhaps there may not be a rod of such power, but an item that would also have to be Melded. His thoughts turned to one weapon only. The Ancient Stone Sword. Now it took him another two months to finally acquire the legendary item, but when he did he knew it was worth the wait. As soon as the gem and the sword came close to each other, they began to emanate magic energy. So the wizard took them again to Shaitan’s lair to repeat the Melding process. As soon as he entered the lair however, the sword and the gem flew out of his backpack and were sunk in the lava. At first he was saddened but he realized that they were Melding. All on their own! As the wizard watched in awe, the staff rose out of the lava. He took in his hands. It glowed with magical energy. He was in the process of studying the weapon as Shaitan exploded out of the lava. “Something has been Melded which is more powerful than me. In MY lava!” He charged his hands at the wizard. The wizard had no other weapon besides the staff, so he turned towards Shaitan and fired. “This will be a good test of the staff’s power,” he thought. He fired the staff. As he did, he was blinded as an enormous explosion of energy radiated outward.

Far away, a dev awoke in his sleep. “Something big has been Melded,” he muttered to himself. “I knew Melding was a bad idea from the get go.” He sent a message.

The wizard woke up with a start. He was floating in weightlessness. He looked all around him-- blackness. He looked to his side, the staff floated next to him. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he saw pieces of the lair all around him. He realized with a start-- he was in the blackness outside of dungeons! He tried to float towards solid ground but couldn’t; he was suspended in mid void. He picked up the staff. There was a deep crack in the rod. He tried firing it again. This time, instead of firing all 10 bolts in one concentrated direction, they were just released in all directions. “This could still be useful,” he thought to himself. “Well if I die here the world should still have access to this useful tool.” With that final thought he threw the staff as hard as he could towards the pieces of dungeon. It fell on the floor and appeared in a white bag. He smiled and closed his eyes, floating silently.

Later, a dev was exploring the shattered pieces of Shaitan’s Lair. “It’s gonna take a while to fix this,” he thought. On the ground he saw a white bag. “Well, might as well take this,” he picked up the bag and discovered inside it a new weapon he had never seen before. He quickly rushed it to the head dev and now we have the Staff of Extreme Prejudice.

Now the story of how the wizard managed to escape the void and continue his quest to defeat Oryx is another story for another time. In the mean time, happy Realming!

Cloak of the Planewalker

The Cloak of the Planewalker is one of the only items that was successfully Melded by accident. A very powerful rogue was stalking a trickster. This trickster was a master at his craft, having collected a wide array of prisms to use to his advantage. Now the rogue, a natural deceiver and trickster-type person by nature, was jealous of this trickster’s ability to teleport himself. “How useful,” thought the rogue. So using his T6 Cloak of Ghostly Concealment he snuck up on the trickster and stole his T6 Prism of Apparitions and escaped. However this trickster was part a very tight knit guild and vowed revenge. Him and his guild followed the trickster to the ends of the earth. When it seemed like the rogue had nowhere else to go, everyone was teleported to Oryx’s castle. The rogue knew that they would hunt him down within the castle so he did the one thing he could to delay them: trigger Janus the Doorwarden. The tricksters chasing him were forced to stop their chase and defeat Janus so they would not all die. When the portal appeared on Janus’ death, the rogue leapt inside. As they chased down the rogue, he was forced to the end of the line, the Lair of Shaitan. When cornered here, the rogue gave one last attempt at survival-- use his ability. However in all his running he had mixed up his items and used the prism instead of the cloak! This instantly teleported into the magic-infused lava of the Lair. The tricksters stood and watched as the rogue died, but were startled when something appeared in his wake-- a white bag. Inside this bag. In the lava of Shaitan, the prism and the cloak had fused into one! The user could teleport and become invisible! This was a breakthrough in rogue equipment. The tricksters turned to leave when the trickster with the cloak heard a voice calling from outside the dungeon. “Please don’t leave me!” He turned and saw a wizard, floating through the void! The wizard reached out to him, “The cloak,” he said, “the cloak can save me.” The trickster immediately understood his meaning and the him the cloak. The wizard used its power and teleported into the lair. “I have been floating here for over 3 years,” he said. “I did not age, I was not hungry. I think I was almost paused in time.” The tricksters took this information deeply and eventually supplied it to the head dev. This was the origin of the /pause command. The teleporting cloak was then donated to the devs due to its extreme power, where it was tweaked then re-released as an UT cloak.

Seal of Blasphemous Prayer

The Seal of Blasphemous Prayer may be one of the most iconic items for paladin, if not in the game. It is the only item which grants total and complete invulnerability to the user. This item can make paladins extremely powerful if used correctly. The seal was not made by Melding (like so many of my other stories about items XD) but by the Mad God himself. It is a story well worth hearing.

Oryx knew that there were many items in his realm, and that those items could do many things. Of course however, Oryx wanted more. He wanted to be invincible. He studied the “Elements” created by Arachna and her son, trying to learn their secrets of invincibility. Eventually, he was able to derive a serum. When drunken, it would make the user impervious to any attack from a mortal. For some reason it didn’t protect the user from toxic liquids however. Another problem was that the user died within 3 days of drinking it. Oryx felt that he was so close to a solution. He tried and tried until he felt that he had no option left. It was at this point of despair that a being appeared to him. This being can only be called The Skotádi. Oryx was not as much startled by the appearance of this being than by his appearance. He took the outline of a creature of all bone and blade, but his image was… odd. Instead of a regular appearance of depth and shadow, he was just black. It looked as if you could put your arm through him and have it be in a different realm on the other side. It was just… black. Also, it always looked as if he was facing you, no matter which way you moved. Oryx was so intrigued by this being but was also cautious. This was no normal being. It was then The Skotádi spoke to him, a voice that seemed to come from everywhere and inside his own mind. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM… I HAVE A SOLUTION. Oryx was to stunned to move. He was speechless. I DO NOT APPEAR TO MOST ENTITIES, DO NOT TEST MY PATIENCE. This triggered something inside Oryx. Who do you think you are to treat my like this in my realm? He took a step towards The Skotádi. Suddenly he felt a tremendous increase in gravity. He fell to the floor with a grunt and could not rise. He saw his limbs start to become tainted black. He felt as if he couldn’t breath. The figure before him didn’t even seem to move, yet Oryx knew he was the cause of this. Okay! I will take your offer! Immediately the horrible sensation stopped. Oryx climbed unsteadily to his feet. What does it entail? The Skotádi moved closer to him and spoke in that awful booming voice. I WILL MAKE THE ITEM DO WHAT YOU WISH IT TO. BUT IN RETURN YOU MUST DO SOMETHING FOR ME. Oryx immediately answered. What must I do? The Skotádi did not even hesitate. GIVE ME A PIECE OF YOUR SOUL. Oryx was slightly taken aback by this. A piece of his soul? Of course this wasn’t a big deal to Oryx. In his melted mind power was the most important thing. Done. That was it. The Skotádi disappeared. In his place was a black seal. Oryx picked it up, it glinted with a black sheen. Oryx smiled to himself. This would work.

When Oryx had the seal, it made him invincible for 30 seconds at a time. This made him almost undefeatable. A band of players teamed up to attempt to steal the seal from Oryx. They finally managed it. It was, of course, donated to the devs who liked the idea and re-released it as the Seal of Blasphemous Prayer. Think about the ancient and unknown power you are using when equipping it. Happy Realming!

Demon Blade

Archdemon Malphas was not always the ruler of the Abyss. Unbeknownst to most, he used to work in Oryx’s castle. In fact, he was the head overseer of the Stone Guardians. Before swarms of adventurers attacked every day, the Stone Guardians were more “Stone Construction Workers”. Oryx had given them life and used them to construct the walls and structures. However the Stone Guardians were not easy to control. They often attempted to stop working and do something else all together. This infuriated Oryx so much that he hired Malphas to be their overseer. However Malphas also struggled to control both of the Guardians at once. When he would go over to one, the other would fall asleep. When he would go to wake up that one, the other would start breaking the bricks. It was impossible to control both of these colossal brutes. He voiced his problem to Oryx who, very reluctantly, admitted he had no idea what to do. It was then that a white demon, a minion of Malphas, had a suggestion: why not make a weapon that could hit both the Stone Guardians at once. This way if they ever fell asleep or acted out, Malphas wouldn’t have to move to put them back in their place. Oryx liked this idea so much that not only did he make plans to create such a weapon, he magically enchanted the white demon into the Red Demon, and made him a feared enemy in the mountains. In the meantime, Oryx toiled for days attempting to make this powerful weapon. He knew that gold was the softest metal, so he took two golden swords and fused their blades next to each other, then encased them in a large hollow sword with a red handle. However because there were 2 golden swords inside it, the blade had to be very wide to fit them inside. Thus the Demon Blade was born. Additionally, because it was his favorite weapon, when Malphas was appointed archdemon of the abyss, he took his sword with him. He will occasionally drop it upon death for your melee class to use with glee. Happy Realming!

Esben the Unwilling was the ruler of the Ice Cave. He had been the ruler of it for as long as anyone could remember. As him and his minions were the only ones who inhabited the cave, it had become very overrun with stalactites and stalagmites, making a sort of maze through the cave. Esben was content with this, as he only lived in his inner portion of the cave, a sanctum which he kept very nice and spacious. He never thought that some day people would find their way into his cave. He thought it impossible. However he misjudged the power of the Mad God himself. When Oryx appeared before him to recruit his minions for the Mad God’s army. Esben flatly refused. He said that his minions were far above the caliber of the other minions in the realm, and that they will stay with him. When Oryx persisted, Esben literally spat in his face. “Do not come to my cave and beg for my minions.” He said with disdain, “You are the Mad God are you not? Conjure up some more minions of your own.” With that he turned on his heel and left. Oryx, as you can imagine, was furious. Do not think this is the end of this argument Esben. I will make you regret your decision. “Pshh, whatever.” Oryx thought about destroying the cave around him in an instant, but he had a better idea. Malphas the Archdemon owed him a favor, so he took it. He had a magical portal made to the secluded ice cave, and let it drop from the white demons and the Lord of the Lost Lands who roam the mountains and highlands. When this new dungeon became available, adventurers rushed to it like moths to a flame. However the first group of adventurers the braved the dungeon faced a very different environment than how the dungeon is today. When they entered it, they couldn’t see a thing through all the spikes hanging down from the ceiling. It took them hours to clear the dungeon as the wizards had to blast away ice and drill a path to the enemies. When they finally entered the inner sanctum, they found the floor covered in ice spikes that for some reason were unbreakable by any spell even the most powerful wizard cast. They were constantly taking damage as they moved in to fight Esben. Luckily for them they had a very well equipped priest who was able to negate most of the spike damage. The fight with Esben was very difficult, but it was finally ended when a warrior slammed Esben’s head into an icicle protruding from the ground. This icicle snapped from its base and, covered in the Skullish Remains of Esben, the icicle was taken by the adventurers as they found it to be a very useful dagger-like weapon. After tweaking by the devs, it was released as a t11 reskin. As always, Happy Realming!

Experimental Ring

Doctor Terrible is known for his odd mixtures and creations. He developed a new useful scepter for Sorcerer, and additionally made a wand for any that can use it. His Robe of the Mad Scientist was famed as one of the best UT robes available. However he was sad that only a few classes could use his items. He wanted to be known for the best drops, but he couldn’t when warriors and knights didn’t care for anything in his lab. So he set to work making something every class could use: a ring. This ring was to be a mainly defensive ring he thought, as most classes prefered one to pure offense. He wanted it to boost health and mana, as his informants told him that this was a very popular feature in rings. However he also wanted the ring to increase the wearers survivability. He ended up making a ring which gave an additional 45 health and magic to the wearer. It also gave a minor buff to defense, vitality, and wisdom. He was very proud of his creation and began dropping it for the world to see.

At first adventurers swarmed over the ring; it had been a while since the last release from the Mad Lab. However very soon the community realized that the ring itself was not very good. Adding one point to defense, vitality, and magic was barely noticeable. Additionally, adding only 45 HP was not very effective as one shot from a white demon could easily take out a low health adventurer. People began to only use the ring as a feed item. This made Doctor Terrible furious! He had spent so much time designing a ring just to have it fed and ignored like some useless piece of junk. He vowed he would remake it. He upped the buffs to +60 points for HP and MP, and added a four point bonus instead of 1. However he wanted the ring to be at least fair, so he removed the wisdom bonus. He knew he had exponentially increased the effectiveness of the ring so he was sure it would be used. He was right. People loved the new ring, some even using it on each of their characters. The Mad Lab rose in popularity, some people searching for hours to find a single one. However as all mad scientists, Doctor Terrible simply shrugged and continued to create.
Happy Realming!

The Phylactery

The Phylactery Bearer is an enemy that spawns from a buffed Lich. They drop Orange Drake Eggs which are one of the best drake eggs due to the fact that they can stasis enemies that are normally stasis immune. As of my writing only the robe and ring from the Phylactery Mystic Set have been released. I am writing this story about the Phylactery item as it is described on its current (12/12/15) Realmeye page.
(Disclaimer: this story is fictitious, and was written by me for entertainment purposes. “The Phylactery,” as well as any other items of “The Phylactery Mystic Set” are under copyright by Wild Shadow Studios, Inc. and/or DECA Games.)

History of The Phylactery

They say the The Phylactery is an ancient conscience. They say it has always existed since before Oryx, before Septavius, perhaps before the Realm itself. They say it is a remnant of the 7 Gods of Before or even that it was a tool of the Skotádi when it was still in power. Mentions of it go back in writing as far back as writing has existed. However it is interesting to note that it has not always been portrayed in the same color. One of the earliest recordings was on a Pharaoh’s Mask from one of the first tombs ever done. When inspected, there were hieroglyphs on the side that depicted a man, then a man with a small white ball, then the same man with white eyes shooting white blasts of power. Additionally on the same mask there were images of a solid black silhouette surrounded by dead bodies. This is where the rumors of the Skotádi’s involvement with the Phylactery stem from. However some argue that the silhouette is a Jackal enemy or a Scarab and that the Skotádi has absolutely nothing to do with the Phylactery.

The next noteworthy recording of the Phylactery was inside an Ocean Trench. One day a wizard appeared in the realm. He had exceptional gear and all maxed stats however nobody had ever seen him before. He told people that he had been stuck in an Ocean Trench for the last 4 months. Most people put off the wizard as mad or full of lies, but one priest drew him in. Over the course of the next week he gleaned most of the wizard’s story and recorded it in a journal, most of which has survived until today. A shocking excerpt is:

He was dressed in what had once apparently been the finest wizard gear. However his robes had been so waterlogged that moss and coral twisted this way and that, covering most of his body. I additionally noticed that when he sat in just the right position it seemed as if all the coral connected to form it’s original growth pattern. It would seem that he sat in that same position for many days in one stretch without even moving once. His eyes were astounding.They were such a vibrant deep blue. No iris or pupil, just entirely blue. When I inquired about it he would not respond, seemingly as if he felt very pressured by some outside force. Once I saw a very similar color of blue glowing from his backpack but when I asked about it he exploded in force and hugged the backpack to his chest. However being so close together I could truly see, it was as if the light from his backpack was feeding into his eyes!

Many take this to be the best known description of the Phylactery actually driving someone to madness. Additionally, reports have come in from an elderly jailer who says he was the watchkeeper of the wizard. He recalled that once the bag was forced away from the wizard and put in the wardens office, the color slowly faded from the wizards eyes and one day, when his eyes had returned to normal he woke up in a shock screaming about Fishman Warriors and Deep Sea Beasts. It may seem that that may have been the last thing he saw before the power of the Phylactery took him over.

After the wizard incident there have been no recovered recordings of the Phylactery until about 14 years ago. However, one scholar had a terrifying story that he brought to his guild. However as he was the only survivor and he had no proof, nobody knows for sure if it is true. The scholar said that he had been on an expedition with a group of friends to find any evidence of the Phylactery’s existence. Their search led them to a very remote village tucked in the corner of the snowy mountains. At first glance the village appeared to be abandoned and destroyed. However they had with them a very magically perceptive priest who warned them against entering the village until he said it was safe. During the night they camped out just outside the village. During the night the priest was taken ill. He mumbled in his sleep and had a high fever. The group’s healing had no effect on him, and his pet seemed to be as sick as he was. They fought to save him, but their efforts were in vain. He died in the night, the ghost of a warning dying on his lips. The adventurers voted amongst themselves as to if they should enter the village. It was a close vote but in the end, curiosity won them over. They decided to investigate the following morning.

Upon entering the village at dawn, something seemed very off. The overturned carts and destroyed shop stands were in different positions as usual.

work in progress, will finish. -MrLoaf

The above stated events happened many many eons ago. The rumors and stories about the Phylactery slowly faded from time, being replaced with more interesting things such as Melding and the coming of Oryx and whatnot. Any mentions of the Phylactery in text or otherwise had not been found until a mere few days ago. There is a very experienced player who we shall call “Bob” who had gone to the Alchemist and gotten 2 pieces of the Phylactery set. Then later as he was roaming the mountains with his mystic, he felt a shock inside him. His vision went dark and he fell to his knees. He felt as if the rocks around him had heated to millions of degrees! He weakly opened his eyes and saw the world around him burning. The flames were everywhere! He tried to drag himself forward but lost strength and collapsed to the ground once more. When he had given up and accepted his death, he heard a voice calling from afar. He looked off and saw a green angel descending from the heavens. It called to him Take me, it said, take me and escape the suffering of this world. Take me and embrace my power. As “Bob” reached out to take the angels hand, his friends rushed around him and healed him. The angel disappeared with a flash of light and “Bob” looked to see that he was standing inside a lava rut. He left and reported the event to his confident and it eventually found its way to me. Take care adventurers for the Phylactery is returning. I beg you do not get sucked in by its tremendous power.

By Creepsteam

The Halloween Reskins

Ghost of Skuld purely loved to see the horrified faces of heroes being paralyzed by her cross shot, getting them killed. Even if they did survive that shot, her minion zombies come and chomp off their brains.
One day, she had her luck. She got a good shot on an 8/8 knight. He was stuck he couldn’t move. The zombies came to him, and he lost his life after 100 zombies ate him up (he was lagging too hard; no way to get out.) His remains just stood there, his holy Skysplitter Sword, as well as a Bow of Innocent Blood, Muramasa, Agateclaw Dagger, Staff of Astral Knowledge, and a Wand of Ancient Warning. Instead of leaving that stuff there, she took it. At first, she didn’t even know what to do with these pieces of equipment. An idea popped up in her head. She turned these weapons, from shiny and bright, to weapons that will scare every hero that comes in her lair/cemetery.

Oryx came in one day, just examining what’s happening. He saw the zombies carrying these… things. One zombie held something that looked like a Skysplitter… only there’s a skull on it. Another zombie was carrying something like a Bow of Innocent Blood… only it looked like there was a bat on the tip of this bow, and whenever the zombie shooted with the bow, it literally screamed. Oryx, with his mighty sword, killed one of the zombies. It dropped one of these “reskinned” weapons. They were purely identical to the original godly ones. Oryx made a deal with Skuld to use some of these weapons for his army. She accepted.

It turned into Halloween, and the young ones are coming out for candy… but there’s no candy. A zombie trickster with the Dagger of the Terrible Talon, had all of the candy, and ran away with all of it. They cried. They really did want the candy. It gave them more power, more of a chance to survive in the realm. The brave and strong heroes came to the rescue with their powerful UT equipment. They found this “army” but this zombie army Oryx said that they thought it would’ve been easy… think again. These zombies were superiorly strong now with their new reskinned weapons, and then the battle began. Bags were dropping everywhere, and the heroes won surprisingly. But there was that one white bag with the reskinned weapons that they have never seen the true power of these monstrosities. They took this out on Skuld and killed her with her own creation. Then more zombie armies came along, and so did the equipment, and some very nice “outfits”

Many people today have these horror weapons, and will still torture gods and bosses to their deaths. This is how the Halloween reskinned weapons were formed.

Ancient Stone Sword

The Stone Guardians were strong living statues of stone in which they were armed with a sword so heavy but strong, not even Oryx could handle it. They were made to kill anyone in their sight. They stopped adventurers and protected their lord Oryx until their deaths have come.

One day, a huge flood of people came in, and the guardians did their best to destroy this mob. But they couldn’t… they were stunned, and couldn’t raise their sword to finish those little adventurers off. A knight came right behind one of the guardians, and cutted off one of the guard’s arms, making it drop his sword. The Stone Guardian cried in agony as he started to crack, and eventually, his sword came in his face, and was beheaded.

The other guardian couldn’t stand it to see his own brother die like this, but he couldn’t attack, because another knight beheaded the other guard, making it unable to move nor swing his sword, and he crumpled apart.

The adventurers look at the remains of the guardians, and one powerful knight raised an unusual sword in the air. It took him longer to swing it, but when it did manage to hit the ground, it literally cut through the floor.

Nowadays, they say the Ancient Stone Sword is a slow, but powerful ancient weapon that will mend the stones of the earth and cause destruction in its wake.

Thanks for this compilation!

By MrGewey

Health Potions

In the early days of the Realm, there was Oryx and the mighty hero Lumu. One day, Lumu and Oryx had an epic battle. Lumu stabbed Oryx in the thigh. Lumu caught all the blood in a vast barrel. Lumu made his escape, but he was killed by Oryx’s minions. The minions put the blood into small vials and shared among themselves. That’s why many monsters drop Health Potions.

Energy Staff

Long ago, the cowardly mage Enos got lost in Oryx’s castle. Then, Oryx appeared out of nowhere and startled him. Enos fell to his knees and begged for his life. A young child walked past and Enos beseeched Oryx to destroy the child and spare him. Even Oryx was disgusted with this brazen cowardice, so he turned Enos into a pile of staves. He gave the staves to the child and told it to give the staves to new adventurers. Like the mage they are made from, Energy Staves are not powerful and novices should upgrade ASAP.

By XtChz

Banishment Orb

The story behind the Banishment Orb is not quite known by many people. It’s just known to be the baby version of a Orb of Conflict. However, before it made its way into the game, it originally used to be a Melzez Door: a black sphere of pure darkness made from blast magic that will kill anything in it’s way. A wizard who could not control Melzez Door’s power destroyed himself and the area around him when he cast it. Another version of Melzez Door is Melzez’s Comet. Since the wizard’s death, Melzez Door has been banished from Realm; hence the name Banishment Orb.

Ring of Exalted Vitality

Many realmers call this a “crap ring”. Not the case, however… other than +8 VIT, a Fame Bonus of 4%, and 300 Feed Power. This ring used to be known as Alpha Stigma. It basically let the user copy opponents magic to their own and understand all magic… but if someone dear to the user died, or if the Alpha Stigma user couldn’t control their power, they would undergo a meltdown. Their mind would crystallize, and they would wreak havoc all around them. Killing everyone, everything, and themselves.

The only way to stop Alpha Stigma was to either close or cover the eyes of the Alpha Stigma user, or let them burn out and kill themselves by destroying everything. An example of a Alpha Stigma meltdown is the Avatar of the Forgotten King. The user yells “DESTROY!”, “KILL!”, “DISSOLVE!”, “DISAPPEAR!”, “VANISH!”, etc., except the fact Alpha Stigma is more deadly. It would destroy the entire game itself. Therefore, they secluded this power into a ring no one uses…

By ShadeFireI

Skull of Corrupted Souls, part Demon Blade

Once there was a king. He ruled so much better than his successor’s successor, Oryx the Mad God. Unlike Oryx, this king—the god Malphas—was much loved and respected by his people. He was just and kind (not to mention good-looking), and every decision, every action was made with the well-being of his realm in mind.

Then one day, he had a bad run-in with a very strange spirit. Many spirits who inhabited his realm were helpful and offered assistance and advice to passerby. This one, however, not only was rude, but every word echoed evil. “Bring me to the king,” the spirit demanded roughly.

Malphas examined him with wary eyes. “I am the king,” he informed the spirit carefully. The spirit laughed a harsh, grating laugh. “This scrap is a king,” he scoffed. “What a piteous kingdom, to be ruled by such a piteous king.”

Malphas drew his sword, pointing it towards the spirit threateningly. “Leave or speak your purpose,” he commanded. The spirit did not speak. Instead, it rushed towards the king and, while the king was off his guard, possessed him. Later, Malphas, upon first glance, did not look to be different. Yet his eyes burned with blue flame, and there was a kind of scorn in the way he looked or interacted with his lower ranks, in contrast to his usual respect and warmth.

One day he was faced with a difficult decision. The pure side of him felt the evil spirit attempting to corrupt his choice, and he resisted, but it was too strong. His final decision was well-meaning, yet underneath, there were so many tears in the reasoning, result of evil’s pollution. It brought sadness and despair to the realm. In the end, his most trusted friend, his wisest advisor, raised the sharpest sword able to be forged in the kingdom against Malphas, and beheaded him, banishing the king’s spirit to the deepest abyss where demons dwelled. Malphas found a vessel where he could reside, and ruled Hell as a different sort of king.

In shame and sorrow to his betrayal of Malphas, the king’s advisor placed the gold crown of king on the head and stored the bloody head away in a chest. Slowly, as years passed, the skin and flesh rotted away and the blood crusted and fell away, leaving only a horrifically beautiful gray skull with a perfect gold crown perched atop the head. And Malphas’ sword, brought with him to Hell, though once used in the aid of the realm, it became cursed and wickedly powerful. Only the bravest adventurers who defeat Archdemon Malphas have the chance to obtain this evil blade, and use it for their own benefit—the rare Demon Blade. And the chest containing the skull later was plunged into a deep fissure during an earthquake, where the Lost Halls now are formed, where Malus the Cultist King now keeps it as a treasured possession, although he would much rather get rid of its powerful creepiness. The lucky fighters who manage to defeat Malus may obtain this frightening item, the Skull of Corrupted Souls…

“The cursed soul of a corrupted mind. Good intentions can go horribly wrong.”

Doku no Ken and part Forgotten Crown

Long before Oryx the Mad God ruled the realm, his father Septavius the Just was king. True to his name, he was a fair and kind leader, always ensuring the safety and happiness of his people. Oryx, of course, hated his father’s way of leading—he believed strongly that the kingdom should be ruled with brutal force—but still being a young teenager, he could not do anything, or so Septavius thought…

One night changed everything. It was a dark and stormy hour, and Septavius heard a strange rustle from the bushes outside of his chamber. He frowned, donning his special magic crown, strapping on his chestplate and greaves, and grabbing his katana before pushing open his door and creeping into the wet, rainy night.

Soon there was a series of footsteps. Septavius tensed, tightening his grip on his blade, as three figures pushed their way out of the bushes. The one in the lead seemed human, clad in black and red armor with glowing red eyes, a shield of onyx, and grayish horns on his helmet. The other two were arachnids, colored green with red spots and glistening dark eyes.

“Old man, your rule ends here,” a voice rumbled from underneath the human’s mask. He brandished his black-hilted sword. “Arachna, Arachnid, attack!”

Oh? Arachna the Spider Queen and her son…perhaps this will be an interesting battle. Septavius dodged the spiders’ snapping pincers but they lunged again, wrapping sticky web-like strands around him and rendering his sword useless. The human stood at the side, smirking at the king’s futile attempts to break free before stepping forwards, about to bring his sword down on Septavius’s head.

“Y-you leave me no choice!” Septavius cried in despair. “The spell I swore not to use…Sragiste Tous Makria!

His formerly dull gray crown glowed in a bright gold color, radiating light across the spiders’ and the human’s bodies, and there were two twin flashes and Arachna and Arachnid disappeared (along with their annoying string), sealed away to a separated dimension for eternity. The human still stood, however, snarling as he snatched the crown from Septavius’s head and pointed it towards the old king. “You swore not to use it? Well, you shall suffer the consequences of breaking your oath! Exafanizomai!

There was a third flash, and Septavius vanished, leaving only his crown and katana behind. The crown later became the Forgotten Crown of the Shatters, and Septavius’s human attacker picked up the katana, hunted down Arachna’s son Aracnid (he thought the mother could produce more spiders he could control and decided to spare her), burying the blade in Arachnid’s maw. Due to the secondary effects of Septavius’s spell the spider could not die, forced to suffer in pain and fury until a brave traveler came along, removing the katana from him after his crushing defeat.

As for the human…only after years of life and death and resurrection in the Undead Lair he was sealed away to did Septavius realize it was Oryx his son, who murdered him for control of the kingdom.

The katana is now named the Doku no Ken, or Sword of Poison, and used against Oryx and his followers, the Mad God’s own repent for his sins.

Wakizashi of Crossing Fires

Wakizashi of Crossing Fires: A blade created within the Hellforge and enchanted with dark magics to grant its wielder the power of a demon king.

Ever since the start of Oryx’s reign, Shaitan had been the Mad God’s advisor. With his tall, imposing figure, burnt sienna skin and waves of hair, crushingly large hands, and glowing red helm, no minion of Oryx dared to cross him, much less the fighters of the Realm.

But one day, while Shaitan was dozing peacefully in his lava-swamped lair, a group of these Realmers arrived in his home to challenge him. Using his powers of the deadliest flames, he fended them off with no trouble, but the attack worried him.

“Those pests are growing bold,” he said to himself. “I defeated them easily today, but what if they begin a hunt for me? What shall I do then?”

He went to confide in Oryx about his troubles. Oryx laughed it off, proclaiming boldly, “They shall never defeat you, Shaitan. You are only paranoid.”

Shaitan inclined his head. Oryx must be right. The Realmers could not ever hurt him.

The attacks grew more and more frequent until Shaitan hardly dared to sleep at night. He kept himself ready and tense, each time using more and more energy to drive away the invaders.

Soon, the attacks ceased again, however. Shaitan let himself settle. His schedule returned to normal. At night, he would doze off easily.

One night before the Month of the Mad God, while Shaitan was preparing to sleep, there was a sudden noise as his door flew open with such force that it slammed against the wall. A group of Realmers rushed in, each one armed, and charged at him. He shot blasts of fire, but the Realmers put up a difficult fight. By the time there was just one battered Realmer left, Shaitan too was exhausted. All he could muster was a tiny lick of flame that dissipated in seconds. Fortunately, the Realmer had lost his weapon, and Shaitan sprinted forwards, his hands crushing around the man’s neck, snapping it like a twig.

When the man vanished, he was aching all over, cuts stinging. He dragged himself to the Abyss of Demons, and requested Malphas for a weapon.

The demon lord crafted him a Wakizashi, imbued with the power of his own flames. While Shaitan managed to defeat many Realmers with that weapon, there was one day where the Realmers overpowered him, and stole the prized weapon from him. As a punishment for his crimes against the Realm, the Realmers defeated him many times over with his own weapon, his struggles becoming weaker each time, until finally he was slain.

By PixelHero

The Lesser Gods

The Lesser Gods were all living in a town called Ukkreal [OOK-reel]. They had been irregular citizens with special talents until Oryx attacked their town. Oryx had brainwashed the Lesser Gods and took him to his castle, tricking them into thinking it was Ukkreal’s original home. The Stone Guardians had stabbed their swords into two relics, therefore causing the ground to light up into a red glow. All of a sudden, some members became Minotaurs. Others had become Lizard Gods. More of them became minions of the Lizard God and Undead Orc Warrior, and few have become Shield Orcs. Oryx said, “This is your true calling, town of Ukkreal! To serve ME!” he broke into an evil laugh and scattered the new Lesser Gods across the realms he created. Today, we are forced to kill the Lesser Gods. The Lesser Gods don’t want to kill you, but have to if they don’t want to suffer a brutal death.

Headless Horseman

As a toddler, Oryx was fascinated in scary stories. When he grew up, his parents told him that the Headless Horseman story was not real. Note that it was his FAVORITE scary story. Oryx threw a temper, causing his parents to run out of the house and abandon their own son, due to his uncontrollable actions.

When Oryx wanted to take over the world, he realized: ‘I can morph anything into my own creation now…’ and remembered the Headless Horseman story. He started by kidnapping a horse and his trainer and taking them to his chamber. He summoned the male Stone Guardian [blue] to slice the head off of the trainer, and he’d do the rest. So the male Stone Guardian did just that and Oryx made it so he can breathe and do everything a normal human can do-- but without a head. The trained his horse to be evil, and now the Headless Horseman still roams the realms to this day.

By Makse1

Outcasts

A short time after Oryx came into power, he knew he needed thousands of evil beings to watch over the Realm. With his magic, he created many fearsome things to guard what was his.

Urgles and Undead

After he had slain many adventurers, he decided: why let them go to waste? He brought back the once great warriors, and made them into his slightly rotten ghastly underlings. Skeletons, Demons, and other devilish things rose. He marveled at his “beautiful” creations. He soon realized that there was a huge pile of flesh that was shed when the Skeletons awoke. Oryx said: “Ugh…What to do with you, my pile of meaty deliciousness…” He cast the same spell that awoke the dead. Only, since there was no bone for the flesh to sit upon, it grew eyes and started sliming it’s way around. These things he called Urgles, because of their absolute horrific smell and and extremely ugly bodies.

By Smellyslenderman

Candyland Hunting Grounds

During Halloween,Oryx was angered due to the lack of candy he had recieved.In his anger,Oryx used the essence of the foul treats he was given to create a realm where candy was plenteful.Alas,he came upon a problem,there was no one to bear the key to this realm.As a soultion,he took one of the lesser pirates and cursed him with a lust for sweets,he called him the Candy Gnome.The last step in his plan was to create some creatures to rule this realm.He created one for each thing he got on halloween,a fairy doll,a japanease plush,a unicorn lollipop,troll figure,and an old creampuff.Frome these he created the Swoll Fairy,Gigacorn,the Desire Troll,and the Spoiled Creampuff.Once he put the finishing touches on his creation,he cast it out into the realms.Due to it’s rarity,very few know of the wonders that await in this sugary dungeon.Not just candy but EVIL candy

Great Lizard

During Oryx’s childhood,his only friend was a small lizard.This lizard served an emotional purpose to Oryx,as all others he loved turned on him,this lizard stayed.

Sadly,as he became an unmatched warrior and leader,his lizard grew ill.As a last-chance effort,he used many light magic powers to cure him and increase his size and strength.With the help of Dr.Terrible,Oryx was able to clone the lizard (he now refers to as the great lizard) and use them in battle.The original lizard still stays with Oryx in his castle as his one-and-only friend.

Headless Horseman

During a lovely stroll through one of the realms’ lovely forest regions,Oryx came across a lone knight.Oryx was confused on why this knight was not attacking him.The knight stood,revealing his multiple cuts and wounds.He was capable of using dark magic to conjure a majestic steed made of lost souls.His power made townspeople fear him and run him out of his own home.After exchanging some brief hellos,the knight told Oryx of his problem.After hearing the whole story Oryx told the knight of his power and need for better minions.The knight accepted but was not safe just yet.Oryx drew his sword and asked the knight for a duel and as an act of honor,he accepted.One swift blow cut his head clean off.Out of astonishment,Oryx used his own power to replace his head with the nearest living thing,that being a pumpkin.The knight took a liking to this new noggin and was able to conjure his steed with much more precision.After the two left the forest and meet up at Oryx’s castle,the knight was sent to the godlands to slay many adventurers.The lower rank wizards and necromancers nicknamed him the Headless Horseman and he lives up to the name to this day.

This story won the Shatters lore contest in 2013. The author asked for a UB HP but NullBot screwed up and gave him a UB MP insead.

By Timett

We were six days into the lost lands, alone in the lifeless stony plain with only the voice of the wind and the light of distant eruptions. And the sun, but heat and thirst meant little. We’d all drunk the potions of the gods.

Sir Zagros offered me water anyway. The knight acted sometimes like I was still Lady Bukhara, like I hadn’t bartered my life for the red prism. I didn’t mind; it was good to have a friend in times like these.

I noticed the prisoner watching. He grinned. “Considering letting me out of these cuffs, sweetheart?”

“A real man would get himself out.” Those mithril chains would hold his hands tight, unless he wanted to sever them. I wondered why he merited such security.

“Quiet, Rashid,” said the knight. “Move on.”

I spotted him at sunset, signaling with flashes of light. He was young and armored, symbols decorating his heavy plate. Before he replaced his glove, I saw a burning Z symbol glowing on his right palm: a paladin.

“Any trouble, Saul?”

“No Oryx-spawn to be seen,” Zagros answered. The lost lands would have been impenetrable, but its lord was gathering his forces, emptying the desert of Oryx’s beasts. “Cyrus, meet Maya Bukhara.”

The paladin nodded. “I’m more concerned with the prisoner.”

“I’m concerned as well,” said Rashid. “Next time I’m dragged to the end of the world, I’d like an explanation.”

“And so would we,” I added. “What is this place?”

Cyrus looked at me. “Not many remember. Look ahead, girl. What do you see?”

In the gathering dark, I saw hills in the distance. No–

“Ruins,” I realized. “A city?”

“A kingdom,” said Cyrus reverentially. “The last kingdom, guarded by paladins.”

“They fought Oryx when he became a god,” Zagros whispered. “The king and queen were almost gods themselves…but they died, and their realm became ash.”

“We were wrong. The queen lived, locked in a crystal as a prize for Oryx’s lost lord.”

Rashid’s controlled expression shattered. “The prisoner in the crystal–”

“The one you killed was a queen of men,” Cyrus hissed. “And you’ll pay, because her husband lives, trapped in his realm. And it’s our task to free him.”

“Is that wise?” I inquired.

Cyrus shrugged. “There will be obstacles. An avatar to deter us, which we must destroy. A guardian, but I have my father’s seal; he’ll let us pass. A mage, whom we must sacrifice to. That’s what he’s for.”

Rashid’s face was blank.

“No,” said Zagros. “I can’t condone–”

“You will,” Cyrus snapped. “He’ll know humans killed his wife. We must appease him.”

“And if he’s not appeased?” I asked.

“He’ll kill us,” Zagros said. “He might go after our species, like Oryx did.”

“It must be done,” insisted Cyrus. “He will live, and reign, and conquer the world. At dawn, we march to free King Alexander.”

“Gods forgive you,” Rashid whispered.

By Urrsys

Ogres

Humanity’s mentally impaired, oversized little brother that was banned from the house due to smashing everything. These muscled fellows evolved from a species of mountain climbing apes that were abundant during the age of elemental immortals, learning how to use logs and rocks as tools and a basic understanding of weaving and clothing.

Oryx did not take much of a liking to them at first, as he assumed they would join their equally smelly, smaller human brethren the second they met; It wasn’t until many fights broke out between the races that Oryx added these hairless yetis to his minion list.

They usually travel in nomadic packs across the highlands of the realm, lead by kings who attained dominance entirely through brute force. It was assumed that they would be fierce contenders with the night elves, but night elves usually keep their distance from ogres, if only for their foul B.O. Many ogres have dabbled in basic combat magic in recent years, though they still channel it through their cumbersome wooden clubs.

Don’t let the ogre mage’s hair fool you; There are no female ogres running around in the open realm. Don’t get us wrong, they do exist, it’s just that they are very rare (they beat out the Candy Gnome in obscurity), so one of the many intents of an ogre tribe when they attack you is that they hope you are of the female persuasion; A human female and a male ogre will always make another ogre. Human women are also considered desirable pets for their kings for some insane reason.

Finally, contrary to popular belief, no ogres have ever been recorded to have a scottish accent, or any accent at all, unless one counts the cartoonish tone of voice used by incompetent characters an accent.

Minotaurs

It was originally believed that ogres and minotaurs were closely related, but was proven false by a highly intelligent (if somewhat egotistical) huntress, when her excessive studies on two captive subjects were proven incompatible for mating.

The common minotaur originated from the underground of the west-southern continents, where they constructed crude labyrinths within the caves that only they knew the way around, where they would stalk any prey that happened to get lost in these domains (which were surprisingly common).

Oryx was quick to see the potential of these horned beasts as soon as he made his realm, and whisked many of these creatures to the realm to fight alongside other highland monsters, among them being ogres. It is a popular belief among the nexus scholars that Oryx originally gave his minotaurs the ability to summon ogres at will, which gave them the name “ogre god”, a name that was dropped rather quickly after that power mysteriously vanished.

The species is among the weakest of the lesser gods, going for pure brute force as opposed to the use of minions.

By NileCroc

Stone Guardians

Oryx had always been protective about his privacy and the defense of his chamber. However, Oryx soon noticed that once his guards were defeated, there was no one left to defend his chamber. So, Oryx decided to make some guards. Oryx took two statues that he thought looked quite intimidating, enchanted them with magic so they would come to life after activation, and thought that he was now safe to do whatever dark things he did in his chamber… The only thing Oryx forgot was the fact that the statues were centuries old, and when the residents of the Fame Train for EUWest2 entered his castle, his Stone Guardians came to live and then crumpled instantly at the firepower of the Train. Oryx was mad. So, he decided to come up with a malevolent plan to destroy some of the Realmers before they mad it to him, by that is a whole other story…(Brutes of Oryx Armor Break :slight_smile:

Ghost of Skuld

In the Realm there once lived a Necromancer. Not just some ordinary Necromancer, but a female Necromancer(gasp). Now, all of the Necromancers in the Realm were male, so they thought Skuld was some brand new skin for the Necro. When they asked Skuld how he got the skin, Skuld went mad and released the power of the Paralyzing Crosses upon them! Many of the Necromancers died, but those that survived called Skuld a hacker and reported him. Skuld was banned from Nexus and forced to stay in the Realm forever! Skuld knew that she would not last long without Nexusing, so she invented(gasp) the Amulet Of Resurrection! She then disguised herself as a merchant and sold millions of Ammys to the Realm! She got so rich, she decided to by a resort for herself. Unfortunately the man that sold the resort lied, and instead of buying the Beachzone or the Candyland Skuld bought the Haunted Cemetery. Skuld became so mad, that she decided it was better to die. She did do this by jumping in lava, but she was wearing all of her Ammys when she did. The resurrection was so powerful, it transformed her into a ghost! She now lives on her resort, rich with Resus and Plagues and vits!