Switch around Darkness and Blind?

We all know what Darkness and Blind does. However, I feel that the current Darkness should be renamed as Blind and vice versa. When you get blinded, the screen brightness turns to zero, making the screen darker. When you get the darkness status effect, you can only see a limited distance, which fits a bit in with bad eyesight and thus blindness. Somewhat trivial, but simple. Makes it less confusing for everyone as the name would actually makes sense.

Feedback is welcome! :smiley:

i guess maybe, but its such a insignificant thing, and changing it now would only confuse people.

Touche

Honestly, it is a good idea, but if they implemented this, it would affect only completely new players. Once you get good enough to actually encounter darkness and or blind, you pretty much memorize which monsters do which. And where do you even see the blind/darkness text? Is it the one when you get hit?

Yea, it shows up when you get hit.

So then what’s the point? I doubt anyone would see the text if they get blinded or darknessed (what’s the past tense of this?). Its like 2 seconds, and nobody pays attention to that, they’re too busy trying to see what’s about to hit them (rip those ghost gods).

I’d say switch now before it’s too late. The playerbase is only growing, doing the switch now will ensure minimal confusion. Anyways, I made a poll.
Should the names of the two status effects be switched around?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

There’s no real reason to switch it at this point. It’s the same as changing Quiet to Silence.

theres no such thing as QoL is there

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.