Teleport Invincibility Idea

##Exposition

This is a very simple idea (possibly and most likely already mentioned) that would greatly reduce the amount of casualties from troll-sitters and Deca Lag after teleporting (e.g. You teleported, but it is lagging).

Imagine the scene: You are in a realm, with not much people. Someone calls out a LAB, and you teleport. Before you know it, you died to an Ent.

Imagine the scene: You just got on RotMG, and went into a realm. Then, you teleported, but your screen appears to be lagging. A second later, you are dead.

Okay, maybe these scenes need a bit more work, but get the general idea.

##The Idea Itself

The idea is to add a ~1.5 second invincibility time frame where a player cannot be attacked during that time period after he/she has teleported. In other words, after someone teleports, he/she will be invincible for the following ~1.5 seconds.

##Is it Exploitable?

Unless the 10-second teleport restriction is removed (which would never be removed), I don’t see how this idea would be exploitable. Maybe a hacked client could let you endlessly teleport? If hackers can trade without waiting for the 3-second timer, I could see how they could teleport without waiting…

But then, I’m narrow-minded. :stuck_out_tongue:

##Final Thoughts

If someone has already thought about this idea, well, whoops! Sorry. I searched the RealmEye Forums for any possible copies, but no results.

Criticism (preferably constructive ones) and feedback welcome.

Discuss.

Instadeath via Teleporting
Teleporting invincibility
What Community-Designed Ideas Would You Like to See In-Game?

It’ll get exploited.

Maybe if there was a “safe teleport” feature that you can toggle, that when you teleport, you’re put in a pause-like state for 3 seconds, before being unpaused.

During these 3 seconds, you can see if you’re in a safe spot, if not, just hit your nexus button.

Although some people would try to drag on top of you during these 3 seconds…

That would work, too…

This topic is among the “topics to avoid”

Oh sorry.

I tend to never read instructions…

If you play carelessly when lagging and/or teleport to anybody you see, you’re going to die anyway.

Bear also in mind nothing can actually force you to use the teleport feature.

Specifically for Ent-Sitting [not my idea], changing the behaviour for the Entlings[?] to ‘wander’ would solve all the Ent sitting problems.

Though Avatar-Sitting would still exist, it’s safe to say the Ent-Sitting is much more prominent simply because there is only 1 Avatar per Realm while there are dozens of Ents per Realm.

i personally like it if you reduced time, and if it was not exploitable as well as not in the ideas to avoid

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.