The Battlemage [COMPLETE]

Thanks for pointing that typo out. The player would have +8 def, keeping the highest stat bonus given for that duration. Permadaze/slow is something that would happen just as like the Scepter of Fulmination and the quiver of thunder. Stasis has the temporary immunity because it as a debuff has that trait, not the orb or monster. I agree with you, now that I think about it 8 tiles is too much. With lower defense and hp regen, the Battlemage requires the opponent’s projectile to be easier to avoid. The only other thing I see wrong with this is how it will work with other people, so I’ll lower the ranged on each gauntlet.

Not a problem, people make mistakes.

I do like this idea (The sprite looks nice too, but probably because it’s so similar to bashing bride) but I hope the next character they make makes use of the katana.

Yeah, I hope so too. Having only one class that uses the katana drops the value and such.

Well if you think about it the ut from janus would allow you to pretty much be half knight half archer in a wider range then archer but longer range then knight kind of op.

Permadaze? PermaDAZE?!? On a tiered ability? (tier 2 at that!) I can’t believe you don’t see what’s wrong with this. They don’t need to inflict daze at all, Scepter of Fulmination and Quiver of Thunder may be able to permaslow/permadaze, but they’re UTs. A black iron helm (T2) is NOT.

About the class itself, do we actually need a 3rd buffing melee class? A single paladin combined with a single warrior makes even a small group god-like in dps.

I’ve said this many times when I see new ideas, and I’ll say it to you too. Status effects are not something you should just throw here and there if you think it needs a touch of something extra. A single status effect can mean the difference between totally useless and massively overpowered.

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

Keep in mind you have to be in range first to apply the effect. I do dislike the range It has and I think it should lowered. Daze is something that I added over a cone blast effect to see what people had to say about it. (I was expecting this, but it should be noted that daze isn’t as good as stunning, the only thing that should be lowered to help balance is both the range and duration. You can already perma stun, perma slow, perma armorbreak, and etc.) When Deca releases more difficult dungeons into the game is when I see this class being more viable, but I do believe it still needs some major polishing. (As most ideas do.)

I did some adjustments, increasing some base stats and removing the att and dex bonus entirely while lowering range and duration. I saw this as a bad class with a good ability, but now it is more balanced. The main focus was to debuff the enemies similar to the knight, but with no damage output for the trade of buffing the party slightly. The Battlemage is meant to have more DPS than the knight and less than the warrior. The Battlemage has little defense to make up for its healing and vice versa, that’s why it’s DPS is higher, and it can do a variety of things with the main focus of avoiding projectiles. (Daze)

With what I previously had the Battlemage couldn’t even compete with the warrior’s defense or healing rate. (And still can’t compete with his DPS) It has the same attack range as knight because they both use swords, the daze effect is only a lower tier knight stun that lasts longer and is easier to inflict. I made a few adjustment if you are willing to look back.

The dps of the class isn’t the problem! The problem with it, (and the only problem with it in my opinion, it’s pretty good other than this) is the daze effect.

Remember when Dirk of Cronus was the most powerful dagger? Then this etherite thing showed up and now it’s nearly useless. You’re doing almost the same thing to the Quiver of Thunder. You said that you have to get in range for the effect, but getting in range of 5.5 isn’t hard.

Still way too OP

Daze isn’t as good as you think. Look at stunning. A knight has both good bulk and can completely wipe out an enemies ability to attack for three whole seconds or more. (If anything THIS should be seen as overpowered.) There is a reason Knight is the most favored class by the majority of players. (In my head the DPS was a problem, I REALLY didn’t want to copy another class in their play style to keep it unique.) Right now, the only thing that would make a difference is reducing the duration by half of a second. And I cannot stress this enough, with less def and heals than the other three classes, the Battlemage requires it to be played more safely with skill.

I really liked your explanation of the ability and getting down on the specifics, but the skin of the battlemage looks very similar to the bashing bride. Also I know multiple people have already said this, but dazed is maybe not the best choice for the battlemage as it is not as helpful with the stat buffs.

Alot of effort. +1. My only concern is that deca shows a lot of love to the ninja class… So I am going to bet IF (and only if) they decide to make a new class it will wield a Katana. But like i said, Wonderful effort and idea.

Nice idea

warrior and wizard = battlemage

mmmm mi opinion

HP: 770
MP: 252
Att: 50
Def: 30
Spd: 60 <----(50)
Dex: 65 <----(60)
Vit: 40
Wis: 60

Ah, I look at it as a Paladin + Mystic, a support for the team with buffs and crowd control. (Hence the class level requirements.) Due to its low defense with very little heal the Battlemage requires the speed for dodge purposes and the extra damage to make quick work of the foe. (She still doesn’t match the Warrior in DPS.) A simpler way to look at it is “Battle” = DPS, and “Mage” = Frail/Supportive.

;Tis about time Mages did some Battle. Good job

??? reskin bashing bride ?

@JawsJakt

To get a neat and organized table for your classes stats that looks like this

Initial Stats Gain Per Level Average at 20 Base Stat Cap
Hit Points 200 20-30 675 770
Magic Points 100 2-8 195 252
Attack 12 31 29 45
Defense 0 0 0 25
Speed 12 0-2 31 60
Dexterity 12 1-2 40 65
Vitality 10 0-1 19 40
Wisdom 10 1-2 38 60

Copy and paste below into an edit :slight_smile:

<table style="width:100%">

`

Initial Stats
Gain Per Level
Average at 20
Base Stat Cap Hit Points 200 20-30 675 770 Magic Points 100 2-8 195 252 Attack 12 31 29 45 Defense 0 0 0 25 Speed 12 0-2 31 60 Dexterity 12 1-2 40 65 Vitality 10 0-1 19 40 Wisdom 10 1-2 38 60 `

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

Good idea!!!

Thanks for introducing this to me, it is a lot easier to read now.