The General Chat Thread v2

An actual response (forgor to post)

I don’t really like it for reasons other people have explained.

Along with the fact that combat somehow feels off in this game. It feels floaty and sluggish, despite the fact that there are plenty of bullets fly at the speed of sound. I can’t really find why that’s the case, but it made my experience feel twice as frustrating as base realm leveling.

Speaking of, the leveling is much more unforgiving due to the increased length of time it takes to get to max level. Losing a character in [rotmg like game] not only feels bad like it does in rotmg, but simply makes you not want to bother starting again due to the amount of time it would take to barely get to level 10. Along with the fact that enemies hit hard, hit fast, are in large groups, and sometimes are faster than you. This exacerbates the previous leveling issue.

Also, dungeons seem unbalanced relative to where they drop. A mushroom dungeon in the lowlands is decently scaled difficulty wise (though half the time gives no loot, so take that for what you will). while a dungeon like the primal marsh, dropping in the midlands, has you surrounded by mobs that are fast while you are submerged in swamp juice and hit you for 25% of your health.

Event bosses are event bosses. They aren’t particularly easy to fight from what I remember, and it reeks of kabam level of “difficulty” most bosses had when it came to them not being hard, just spouting 20 different bullets at speeds you wouldn’t be able to dodge.

The UI is frustrating. at first, I thought it would be better than realm’s UI since it both takes up less space and most likely has QoL features like an actual inventory. I was right about the former and the latter is nonexistent. It’s harder to use items due to the two bars being split and kind of small, so swapping gear is hectic. There is no actual inventory, so what you get is what you get, and when hp pots also take up inventory space it becomes a disaster to manage your inventory when you get new gear or items or need to heal in combat.

The cash shop is eh, its similar to realm, minus the other currency which seems for now used on supporter bundles. I can’t really say much else on the matter, but they do seem to have hat cosmetics too, but I haven’t seen anyone wear those so I don’t know how those would look in game.

Actual npcs being in the game is very cool. The only major issue is that the way they’re implemented into the game. I don’t understand why you can’t interact with any of the npcs (atleast from what I’ve tried). This especially becomes an issue when it comes to crafting, as it doesn’t really explain how to, more where to. It comes off as unfinished to me, but I think it has a lot of potential in terms of getting players involved in the overworld and the hub.

Thats all I can think of at the top of my head. I possibly got some stuff wrong, or some of this was explained in the tutorial (if there is one, it never gave me one sadly).

i see so many people asking how to trade lee, it’s the same as trading a player, but many people dont even know that, many there should be a npc to trade in the tutorial for a key or something?

primal marsh used to be a really good level of difficulty but they’ve buffed it to be at glands dungeon level but haven’t finished the replacement dungeon between mushroom and glands yet.

i hate leveling in rotmg more than ***** but new player wise it is a bit hard i think

all the event bosses are pretty well designed imo, the bullets move fast but are predictable, or they move slow and force you to rotate or stay within the area, i feel like you just havent tried the bosses enough, just like realm.

UI is annoying but you can set an hp pot button and will be good on mobile, also num keys work for swapping on pc

cash shop i havent used, i got plenty of gold from challenges(which i think are great, daily quests soon too so ftp is very viable.

Talking about other games was always fine as long as long they weren’t based on stolen code like pservers

Darza’s pretty similar, and having not followed the game closely over the years, I wasn’t sure where it stood. So be it!

as clonelike as darza’s looks, it isn’t based on the old stolen codebase that all those pservers were back in the day (although they still have stolen sprites I think, not 100% sure). the purpose of the rule wasn’t to silence all competitors to rotmg, it was to discourage the endorsement of copyright theft and other illegal/unjust happenings involving pservers.

To echo every one else. you can talk about Darza’s dominion here.

Though I don’t think that will happen much with the game being super sluggish, zoomed into your forehead and void of fun.

also…

I haven’t tried Darza’s but I don’t really plan to… Shamefully in the past, I have given some forbidden knockoffs a try and frankly, they’ve left a bad impression for the most part. I think what frustrates me is when a game cannot seem to find balance in progression, which it can commit through many different ways such as high risk low reward content, or extreme power creep. So you either have a game where you might be able to breeze all the way to the endgame within a few days of playing, or you progress at a snail’s pace.

A lot of people I know prefer the former of course, but like, I hate the former, a lot, and I personally think that’s the reason I can’t really get into any of the ripoffs or clones. I know it’s cliche, but I like the journey more than the outcome, what fun is there when you are already fighting the final boss on your first day? I’ve several mates who proudly talk about how their weapon deals “giant damage numbers with 5 different side effects” but I honestly couldn’t be bothered when virtually 75% of the weapons are as op. If I wanted the big funny numbers, I’d be playing Cookie Clicker instead.

I think at the end of the day though, even if Darza’s was somewhat good, I’d probably not get into it. I’ve played Realm long enough that I’ve invested too much into it, I can’t see myself starting over again, one permadeath MMORPG is good enough for me

i found recently that i have over 100 days of play time in rotmg, so ive decided to play less because that is like a 10th of my life since starting rotmg, darza fills the niche and i feel like its something ill play equally with my over games rather than the only thing like realm was for years. Also i find it very different feeling to play so its a new game in my eyes(i know they are similar but i have 100s of hours in darza before and like 70 in the new version and it feels like a different game to play(btw i have 2 completes in the hardest dungeon so it’s not that fast to get into endgame)

okay, here’s my experience on trying to start the game on launch day.

saw darza on steam, downloaded it a few hours later after looking at reviews and the steam forum.

I was about to finish registering my account, so I clicked “register” and the game crashed.

I click “play” and get a popup saying that I need to verify my email address first. so I quit and go off to check my email. I couldn’t find the verification mail in my email, so I look at the steam forum.

looked at the reply section of a thread(the op was in a similar situation) and one reply says that it might be in your spam folder. I check my spam folder and there it was, verification mail’s in there.

I mark it as not spam, look at the mail and click the link(to an external website) on it.
the website was official and not a virus at all, so I verify my email address and actually start playing darza.

tbh, I thought the verification mail and website were some viruses, scams, or some other bad thing.

also, the tutorial in darza is somehow worse than the tutorial in rotmg.
it’s not the worst tutorial in video games, but it’s worse than the tutorial rotmg has.

I have SUPER AIDS.

we know

Potential forums comeback???

(Probably not.)

They say that every time a child stops believing in fairies, a fairy dies. It is my conjecture that every time a regular stops believing in the forums, a forum dies.

whoo wee its been a while since ive been on these forums

Oh yes, the cranky dude is here.

You are my mortal enemy and I am sworn to fight you to the death if we ever meet face to face. I hope you are training, because I am always prepared and am extremely hungry. I will eat you faster than a starved hog given a bucket of slop. I will defeat you without weapons and devour you without hesitation.

Me when I see that response: I sleep.

See also: Realm’s earlygame being pretty mediocre if you don’t already know what you’re doing, and downright horrible when it comes to maxing. Now transfer that over to Darza, except with (somehow) worse designed enemies and bosses, and from what I’ve heard, you end up with a game that is an absolute slog to get through in terms of progression.

What will forever remain a mystery to me is how little these…“realmlikes” try to stand out. They copy over so many things blindly that honestly could have been worth experimenting with - no levels, not a level cap of 20, less than 8 stats, no stat potions at all, etc., etc.. But instead we just have…the exact same flawed systems. Over, and over, again, chasing that high that was once felt back when Realm was “new”.
Except with elements of modern Realm carried over, ruining it entirely.

New pfp :0
Ina’nis <3

Aw geez… I’m sure going to miss that letter H