The great vit depression

Yeah. We are all unhealthy players sitting indoors for countless hours looking at squares and pixels that move and have pretty colours… and I guess our vitality sorta has out back for that,

But its become quite apparent that vitality potions are slowly becoming rarer and rarer… And more expensive.

I’m not saying this because my knight has 20 vit to max and I can’t seem to find a good buyer, but after the removal of guaranteed defence in Abbies (the prime time vitality V.I.P of a dungeon), there’s been a total lack of interest towards that dungeon, as the defence was considered as something precious and the vitality being the throwaway potion.

Lets be fair. Nobody wants to get their ass kicked by a bunch of angry tomato’s while constantly getting their toes fried in lava all just for 1 vit potion.

Now do that until your maxed.
It isn’t joy. Its just pain.

And to extend on that, most of the vit I seem to be getting is from the login seer or from trading other people who have just flopped at grinding for a dblade.

Its now becoming apparent that potions like speed, dexterity and wisdom are extremely common, (which they have always been) but now to the point of just an unnecessary quantity.

Of course, the main way to counter this would be introducing a vitality exclusive dungeon, but even then, it would bring more shame onto dungeons like the Abbies and kinda cause a bit more chaos…

So asking you guys - What really would be a good way to tackle the great vit depression… And more importantly…where’s this damn 20 vit I cant seem to find for my knight!?

Vitality
Vitality

Honestly, I have no definitive answer for you.

But I can say that abbies get a lot easier if you go with a small group. Still a good chance for loot and much faster. Even better if you’re with a priest/necro. You can try getting your vit that way.

This is how I max vit:

Step 1: Max def
Step 2: Go to ptrain discord
Step 3: Go to train
Step 4: Go in abysses that the train kills
Step 5: Go back to ur home server and brag to ur guild :>

But running abbies is a fucking drag.

We can all admit to that. There is almost no joy factor to the abyss and its loot. Unless you randomly pull a @CandyShi and get yet another dblade.

Not only that, but your eyes are stained with that disgusting red colour for a while. Ugh

Sure. Its a step up from sprite worlds and is a challenge for new players, but I think it should at least drop 2 vit for the worthwhile wait of getting slapped with those massive bullets from that red demon thing that does a lot of damage. (insert dat asset here)

Its just boring.

How about you just stop being lazy and farm Abbys? I can literally farm 8 vit pots within an hour… It is too easy, I don’t know why people are too lazy to farm Abbys… :frowning:

And besides that, WHO TF BUYS VIT POTZ!!! The only pots that make sense to buy are Mana and Life pots since they are more difficult to farm than ANY other pot…

You clearly have not been to USW2 recently…

Or looked at realmeye trading…

Run sew or pups and sell for vit on Realmeye, then. Play/trade at the same time.

Then your stuck again.

Finding a good buyer who doesn’t want to run Abysses just as much as you do.

Ohh I have. Everytime I go to USW2 there is LOTS of people buying Vit pots… For some strange reason, people are too lazy to farm Abbys…

the great vit depression… whats next the lost holocaust or shatters holocaust (just making a joke) beside that vit is kinda getting more expensive but pets are in the game keep in mind of that

Maybe more a drought than a depression? :thinking:

The Rotmg community just hasn’t adjusted its collective brain to the supply vs demand of vit. I imagine most players would instinctively pick up a spd over a vit if they only have 1 inv space, because they think vit is “worthless”. But anyone organised can make a ton off vit.

The RealmEye numbers are indicative - hardly anyone is farming it, so those who are farming it can set the price basically as high as they like, and what most players would consider ridiculous, 8:1 for life.

The vits you need are out there, https://www.realmeye.com/offers-to/sell/2612, just be prepared to pay for them, because most Rotmgers seem to be in the same position as you, can’t be bothered to go farm it themselves, resulting in the price raising.

Just increase your price offer on RE. I’d guess offering 3:1 with rainbows would bring in the vits fast. Depends how desperate you are.

You mean like… abyss…? :stuck_out_tongue:

And he explained why they’re lazy🤔 He said it’s a high risk low reward dungeon

Lol. Seems not long ago the community was complaining because the loss of guaranteed def from the Abyss of Demons meant it would no longer be quick and easy to get.

The only reason vit is uncommon, in the market, is it’s useless with the advent of pets. People leave it to last, especially now there’s little other reason to go in the Abyss. The few they get they can just drink.

At least it’s quick to max when you get round to it, as you should be 4/8 or better making the dungeon straightforward for any class. You can wait until you have to collect Malphas marks to do it, there’s no rush to max vit as the least useful of the stats.

This post just shows how the economy changes overtime. Abbys is the hardest dungeon that drops a ranbow pot, and its white is not that great (if you compare to dbow for example) meaning there is not a lot of incentive to do it (ever since the def pot became not garanteed). Because of that the suply is shrinking, if the demand does not shrink too, the price of vit will rise (the problem with vit is that its pretty useless because of the pets), and if the price rises more people will start farming abyss as its more lucrative. At some point there will be reached an equilibrium point.

Maybe because right now the price rose to some degree.

Exactly. My comment is pretty useless as yours says everything i tried writing (in a more organized way/ rip my grammar). I mean its not that hard to understand supply/demand.

I don’t know if this is majority view, I find abyss much more straightforward than Sewers and Lab. No status effects off the minions means you’re in control the whole time, and can concentrate on just killing or dodging.

[quote=“Yarolti, post:15, topic:17873”]and its white is not that great (if you compare to dbow for example)
[/quote]

This is true. Stick a desirable additional whitebag in there and abyss interest would definitely rise. I’m thinking about how Lab has multi UT drops here.

I group dungeons like this :
1- Ranbow pots (snake pits, udl, sprite and abbys)
2- Def/Att droppers (Manor, Sewers, Mad lab, Puppet)
As the value in pots dropped (granted that mad lab if you dont clean it would classify as a ‘ranbow pot dungeon’, also i think its debatable which one is harder (abyss/lab) )

Ah, true I was counting atk and def as “rainbows”.

One thing that i forgot mentioning in my previous post is that, there is also the change on the mob who drops the abbys. White demon is less common than medusa so it makes harder to find abbys, affecting the supply curve. THt could be another factor in the shortage of vits.