The Mason: A Class Idea by POWER

For the wood box sprite you should make the boxes look like wood, not brown stone.

Overall, this make the game more strategizing. If deca adds some dungeons which highlight this character, then this character would be pretty darn cool. For now, I think it is a cool idea, but not too necessary. Recently, the game has been “who can deal the most damage” play style. The only good useful supporting classes are the pally and the priest. This however, can kinda be useful in some dungeons like shatts when you are turning of the switches. But, in other dungeons this class may be useless. I don’t know. this is just on paper. Gotta try it in the game first.

may I point out that katana is only for one class?

may I point out that there was a huge backlash on the ninja for that sole reason?

We do not need a new weapon for just one class, it unbalances loot and we already have ninja doing that…

oh Snapple® doodle-doo

in that theory, weapons will just basically be like abilities…

and whats your supposed stats on this hammer

I’m surprised someone in college says stuff like “Plllllllleeeeeaaassse” but okay. Back to the topic, we don’t need a new weapon, that’s the thing.

Not really. We could just give the ninja a sword and extra def and do away with katanas all together. Katanas were a much shittier idea than hammers. All we have to do now is buy the rights to Bob the Builder.

Greatly made but why name it the mason, wtf is a mason

Something that makes something.

Like a stonemason makes stones.

Helpful Hint: Use wikipedia for word etymologies /s.

Like it but the def should be 25 and mp cap should lower. Its to op at the moment

don’t we all carry within us the spirit of our youth? If not why do we all still play this game?

Lel xd lol swag tee hee hahahahahahahahahaha yassssssss omg yay

I get your point

Hey, there @PwrNewAcct (POWER). I have a question here… the UT Hypercube of Elemental Creation.

For 5 seconds, it blocks all attacks and stops enemies in their tracks like a destructible obstacle, except indestructible for that duration. It costs 20 MP.
For pets with Magic Heal maxed, on average:
common : 3.92 MP/5 sec
uncommon : 15.03 MP/5 sec
rare : 43…37/5 sec
legendary : 116.2/5 sec
divine : 225/5 sec

So, on rare and above, those pet owners basically command the battlefield? Or am I missing something obvious?

Edit: Love your idea. A more defensive knight sounds really good, especially with those stat spread. My only gripe are the ability and their spammability. The easy way out is usually a cool-down. Maybe spawn 3(?) at once, with a certain cooldown?

Edit2: Similar problem with your ASC. Maybe implement a similar solution? Your T4 and above cubes are also really powerful… What if there are… say 5 masons building? Are there any limit to a certain radius?

Hi. This idea is from 2012, when pets were purely aesthetic, so it might not be balanced at this point. Now that I think about it, a cooldown would be appropriate. How would a 2s cooldown per 5 blocks sound?

It looks awesome! My one thing, though it would likely cause the class to be unbalanced; since masons, AKA builders(kinda) need to be nimble/non-klutzy, it might make sense they would have a slightly higher dexterity. Again, just my thoughts that may make the class too OP. 9.2/10

Ahh, we should split the design into pre-pet and post-pet, then.
For pre-pet, this seems fairly fine, as wis regen per 5 seconds at 75 wis is around 9 (Made some rough comparison).
The 2 seconds cooldown per 5 blocks seems good, but now what confuses me is do we have to put down 5 blocks? or can we put down up to 5 blocks before the cooldown kicks in? Can we switch cube types after the 3rd block has been put down?
Honestly, ability swapping is also making me dizzy :sweat_smile:.

Here’s how it could work: regardless of the cube you are using, there is a counter for 5 blocks. Every time that counter hits 5, you can’t spawn any type of block for another 2 seconds. It might be easier to just have a 0.5s cooldown per single block, though.

Or I could just make the MP cost 1.5x to 2x what it is now, but I feel that would highly discourage players without good MP healing pets to play the class.

I agree. The MP cost currently should be fine.
For the counter to cooldown, shall we have another counter to the counter as well?
If, say… you haven’t placed any blocks for 5 seconds, the counter resets to 0 blocks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.