The Nameless Void, a dungeon by Xaklor

i can’t believe that has gone unnoticed this long. Void Imps should have 8,000 hp and Inferno Orbiters should have 7,000 hp, and no one noticed the extra 0! wow, fixed now.

however, Lost Hope and Sword of Needless Pain are balanced. you can put their information into Pfiffel’s DPS calculator and discover that Lost Hope beats Staff of the Cosmic Whole at 31 def, (and only has 1 shot to land) and Sword of Needless Pain beats Sword of Acclaim at 55 def. I’m surprised you didn’t try to tell me it’s OP since it’s an armor piercing sword and that catches people’s attention most of the time. XD

What a sick dungeon! Good job man!

The sprite of the one shot for the Black Knight should be more circular, similar to tomb of ancients shots, considering you gave it a boomerang effect.

I thought about that, but then i thought it would be cool to have a boomerang effect on a projectile that doesn’t rotate. Also it would throw people off, making it harder.

Have you figured out any way to actually test your ideas of enemies? Describing it is great and all - but I saw a one man project on youtube creating something similar to rotmg (bullet hell dungeon pixels) and if you meet these enemies in large groups then it will be virtually impossible to complete this dungeon, considering many enemies are stun immune. If you could get some sort of simulator or basic script to test these ideas then it will be a lot easier for you to balance and criticize them yourself!

Last thing - how… or will you take steps to prevent draggers from ruining a public dungeon?

ermm… not much can be done about draggers, without making enemies undraggable, which would in turn make them ignorable if done carefully. Dragging is possible and actually done in virtually every dungeon already. Although, in the last room there is plenty of cover in case something does go wrong.

Also, i have other things to take up my time than make a pserver :stuck_out_tongue:
and only 3 enemies are stun immune, one of which is the black knight, who is intended as a miniboss

valid point.

Anyways I do like the idea of this dungeon and really hope it (or parts of it) are implemented in-game! Best of luck.

Nice dungeon, nice class, but it is kind of really overpowered. 75 atk, 65 dex, 30 def, heavy armor, more def and DPS from boots, decent spd, this class needs a bit less attack power and def.

Actually, when I posted this on the kabam forums, most people stated that Samurai’s dps was absurdly low, at 75 atk and 60 dex. The problem being the pathetic base damage of katanas, and with the current stats, an unbuffed paladin still does more damage (i think), and a knight definitely does. on top of that, Shurikens and Shields do more damage than the boots.

I suppose if more people think it’s op, I may bring it back down, but this is what I see.

Man, Some of the white bags need working on stat-wise in my opinion but that seal is really unique and stood out to me. Keep it up man loving the purple colour scheme of this dungeon

I hope they add the dungeon

Made a plan for completing the first room (trickster very handy)

As you can see, getting the first switch, trickster or no, should be easy. I don’t know the detection range for the enemies though, so it could make no difference.

West side, however, would be a pain to do without a trickster, or alot of priest.
Like the shatters, there’s a path where the least amount of enemies are activated. You can choose to fix this or keep it as it is.

I like your enthusiasm! to think that you would have spent the time to figure all that out before this was made an official thing makes me happy. However, I have no intention of making every single enemy a required encounter. all of these enemies are shatters-level in difficulty, if not higher, and clearing the shatters takes a lot of time. I actually put the enemies on the east side there deliberately, so that it may be possible to avoid one or both of those groups if done carefully :stuck_out_tongue:

Before the second shatters boss there are several paths with switches that need to be killed to continue. Lazy players pause / wait at the bridge before the boss instead of helping kill the switches.

Your dungeon may have a similar problem with players waiting on the spot just before the bosses. Have you thought of giving the switches loot and lots of hp so that everyone who is helping gets rewarded for their work?

Anyway, this is a really great dungeon design. Have a like. :slight_smile:

wow thank u for the like, and that’s not a bad idea to have the switches drop stuff. I think i will add that to the doc. in your opinion which would be more motivation for destroying switches, normal tiered loot like pots and armor, or a chance at a special UT?

I’d me more motivated by a low chance of an untiered item but I think either will do.

Updated and changed 3 of the UTs, Shard of Hatred, Cursed Wand II, and Harbinger, for the following reasons.

Shard of Hatred: original idea was a dagger w/ foul’s range that was better at lower def, but it didn’t work out well and I dont think anyone would use it because of etherite. Now it has longer range than all daggers w/ slightly less damage.

Cursed Wand II: originally this and Harbinger were supposed to be weapons with another weapons shot pattern. This one had the range of wands and the pattern of bows, but as time went on I realized that no one likes tiered bows anyway and I wouldn’t use it over recomp or cwand. So now it has shorter range and more damage than most wands, kinda like cdirk and etherite and has a shot pattern of a staff.

Harbinger: this was supposed to be a bow w/ the shot pattern of a staff, and when I was creating it i compared the dps of this to dbow, to make it balanced in relation to that. HOWEVER, I did not compare it to cbow, the other 2-shot bow, and Harbinger was basically a stronger cbow. woops. So now I made it a powerful bow at the expense of all your MP

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.