The Nightblade - Class Concept

The Nightblade

"When the sun sets, and twilight takes hold, the Nightblade begins his reign of terror. He seeks out his prey: The strong, the mighty, anyone that may pose a challenge, or anything. He uses a dagger to shred his opponents, and a pair of hand glaives to rend both flesh and bone while inciting terror in his foes."

Unlocking the Nightblade

Before you can start playing as a Nightblade, you are first required to reach level 20 as both an Assassin and a Ninja.

Max Stats & Equipment

The Nightblade uses Light Armor and Daggers along side his Hand Glaives, which are discussed bellow.

Hp 720 — Mp 252
Atk 70 — Def 25
Spd 50 — Dex 75
Vit 60 — Wis 60

Despite the Nightblades very low speed, his high attack puts him ahead of the other dagger classes in terms pure damage output. His slightly higher than average vitality and wisdom doesn’t hurt either.

Hand Glaives

The Nightblade can fire his Glaives, which travel 7.2 sqrs at a speed of 24, in a similar manner to a Quiver or Shuriken. However, when a Glaive makes contact with an enemy, it will erupt into a flurry of slashes, dealing area damage and causing enemies to flee out of fear. The high tier “Warglaives” will also ignore a percentage of enemy defense, making them slightly more effective than Quivers and Shurikens against high defense enemies, despite the Glaive’s lower base damage.

The Tiered Glaives

T0-5

T0 - Pale Glaives

"Carved from wolf bones, these simple glaives emanate a predatory hunger."
Cost: 70
Damage: 80-110 (95)
Area: 2 sqrs
Effects:

• Inflicts Fear for 2 seconds

T1 - Bluesteel Glaives

"Sharp and simple, while surprisingly light, these glaives can even slice through stone."
Cost: 75
Damage: 90-130 (110)
Area: 2.25 sqrs
Effects:

• Inflicts Fear for 2.5 seconds

T2 - Orcish Glaives

"These blades were said to have been forged by orcs to slaughter men and elves alike in a genocide that never quite came to fruition."
Cost: 80
Damage: 110-150 (130)
Area: 2.5 sqrs
Stat Bonuses: +1 Spd
Effects:

• Inflicts Fear for 3 seconds

T3 - Dusksteel Glaives

"Dusksteel blades are unbreakable, and often used by Liches in their foul conquests and rituals"
Cost: 85
Damage: 130-170 (150)
Area: 2.75 sqrs
Stat Bonuses: +2 Spd
Effects:

• Inflicts Fear for 3.5 seconds

T4 - Moonstone Warglaives

"Beneath the moon, all is your prey, and none shall survive."
Cost: 90
Damage: 150-210 (180)
Area: 3 sqrs
Defense Ignored: 5%
Stat Bonuses: +3 Spd
Effects:

• Inflicts Fear for 4 seconds

T5 - Malachite Warglaives

"An orcish relic from a lost age, these warglaives have tasted both blood and soul."
Cost: 95
Damage: 170-250 (210)
Area: 3.25 sqrs
Defense Ignored: 15%
Stat Bonuses: +4 Spd, +1 Vit
Effects:

• Inflicts Fear for 4.5 seconds

T6

T6 - Twilight Warglaives

"Darkness embraces, and those who stand in your path will not see the light of day."
Cost: 100
Damage: 190-290 (240)
Area: 3.5 sqrs
Defense Ignored: 25%
Stat Bonuses: +5 Spd, +4 Vit, +2 Wis
Effects:

• Inflicts Fear for 5 seconds

The UT Glaive

UT

Starved Warfangs

"Hunger. Terror. Conquest. Blood."
Cost: 115
Damage: 70-170 (120)
Area: 2.75 sqrs
Defense Ignored: 20%
Stat Bonuses: +25 Hp, +4 Vit, +4 Spd
Effects:

• Damage dealt is restored back to the player
  • Inflicts Fear for 4 seconds

Drops From:

• Lord Ruthven

I hope you enjoyed! Bellow you can rate the Nightblade class, and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

0 voters

Okay. This idea… whowee
It’s original, well thought out, creative, and very well formatted. Kudos to you, This is very well done!

Just a note, the description of bluesteel glaives, you wrote “even” twice in the description and forgot the s in dusksteel in the description of dusksteel blades.
Also, You may want to consider adding 5% armour ignore to T4 glaives to add a bit of consistency.

Thanks for the feedback! Just fixed those grammar mistakes and added the armor ignore to t4, definitely a good idea for consistency.

Amazing. A simple starting sprite, and a original ability. The only thing is, we don’t need another Dagger Class.

Personally I gave it a score of 5/10. lowered it upon finding it to be a dagger class

This is how I scord it

Is it unique? 0/1 Not even going to give it points for uniqueness because it’s basically an assasin

Do the stats make sense? 2/4 I see that you did not how it’s very low speed is made up by it’s insanely high dps. The biggest problem is that hide classes are sort of like slightly longer ranged melees. By giving them a low amount of speed, this class will absolutely be useless in endgame. The only thing that makes up for low defense and health is high speed or range. Because dagger classes barely get any range, that tradeoff of speed is not worth it in many endgame dungeons and will lead to the class simply being a leeching class (it’s like a warrior but at least warriors buff others). (If you read previous comment, I had originally assumed it would be on a katana class)

Sprite? 1/2 the sprite kind of sucks. Better then nothing but I think that based off of the description, it should be much more like a ninja then like an assasin. The shading could definitely use some work.

Hand Glaives? 2/3 Cool idea. However, how the hell are you going to implement fear into the game and how could it work. It seems like a cool idea but when you actually think of implementation and how to make it not to weak while also not making it to strong is going to be difficult

it’s basically an assasin

The only similarity I see with the ability is that its an area damage effect, which I’ll admit is a pretty big similarity, however the actual damage is not a damage over time effect, doesn’t ignore defense, is a projectile rather than a thrown bomb, and the main reason your using the ability is to inflict fear, the damage isn’t the main focus. I would liken it way more to an ability like the quiver.

In terms of stats, the speed and attack are pretty different, but yes the rest of the stats are similar to assassin and trickster.

I see that you did not how it’s very low speed is made up by it’s insanely high dps. The biggest problem is that hide classes are sort of like slightly longer ranged melees. By giving them a low amount of speed, this class will absolutely be useless in endgame. The only thing that makes up for low defense and health is high speed or range.

I definitely understand where you’re coming on this point. The low speed might cripple a bit in the endgame, though when I was making the class I was thinking theme wise that is would be a slow, stalking character who didn’t need speed because he would deal large amounts of damage and use the area fear effect to escape enemies, making a high speed stat unnecessary.

Sprite looks more like an executioner.

Stats are… okay. Weird to see a dagger class without 75 Speed, and I might bump the Attack down to 65 and the Vitality down to a normal 40, but other than that I’m fine with them.

I’ve messed with the idea of Fear and I like it, just not sure how they’d implement it. Also, there could be trolling implications for it.

Glaive sprites are very nice…

Decent idea all in all. 7.5/10

more like 1.5x the average

also do they attack while fleeing?

Kinda see what this is coming from. However, I have two problems with this.

1. How is fear going to be implemented?
  2. If fear could be implemented, it would be too overpowered unless many endgame creatures would be immune to it.

As for the assasin point, I understand that it is not exactly like assasin. However, unless fear can be implemented, this is similar enough to assasin that it does not deserve it’s own class

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.