The Oblivion [WIP Dungeon Concept]

An ancient concept long forgotten.

Early last year in 2019, Fluffegan started a dungeon project called Azamoth, and I was one of the contributors with the sprites and lore. After a few months, the group disbanded, and no one really talked about it ever since.

Now that I am nearing the end of my own solo projects, it is now being reopened.
I spent a few moments redoing the original sprites and lore.

27%20PM%20(1) 27%20PM image image image

@Fluffegan, now that you are back, would you like to join and finish what was started? Or would you like me to take it to my own hands?

Okay. So Fluff hasn’t replied in over 20 days, so I’m assuming he’s busy. That’s okay, I guess.

The very sad thing is that I’ve been trying to salvage as much of the old idea as possible, but pretty much everything is lost at this point. The Discord server for the Azamoth concept was deleted, plus I have no idea who participated in it. The only person who I managed to figure out is Redox, but uh…I think he’s half dead.

@Redox? You doing good? I saw some recent activity from you. Are you okay?
Do you wanna help or something? You’re pretty epic with sprites IIRC.

I did some digging and found a few stuff. There was apparently a contributor with the Scratch username of Trefoil? Does anyone know who that is? They made some quite decent simulations that could help with development.

So on those depressing notes, if any of you are able to help (and want to), please contact me in Discord – my ID is RogueGamma#9336.

I don’t know how long this thing will take, and I’m even less sure if I’ll ever finish it.

Nevertheless, I’ll be trying to keep this project as transparent and open as possible.
So expect a lot of updates and stuff.

Best of luck in the Realm,
Gamma :v:

I’m finally getting a bit of work done.

First off:
The name of the dungeon was changed to the Oblivion.

Difficulty: Endgame; similar difficulty as LH

Length: Most likely shorter than LH (only one Boss…probably)

Here are two of the Realm Eye lore:

The Oblivion

Azamoth

Click for some DUNGEON SPOILERS

I made a few rough drafts of Azamoth’s sprites. As he takes damage, his sprite changes.

New%20Piskel%20(66)%20(1)%20(2) New%20Piskel%20(66)%20(1) New%20Piskel%20(66)%20(1)%20(1) New%20Piskel%20(66)%20(1)%20(3)

A few ideas on Azamoth’s quotes:

“You have laid this place to waste…killed my companions in arrogance…tampered my dimension with foolishness.”

“It could only ever come to this…”

"Behold, the inconstant soul arrives! I will put an end to your quivering!"

“You dared to believe that you could escape after your sins? Laughable!”

“There is no mercy within these planes. My wrath will be the last thing you ever see with your blind, mortal eyes!”

“No matter how violently you thrash, your fears will get the better of you.”

“I am the material that nightmares are made of!”

"To think of how much effort you put…TO DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE!"

The cultists are back in action!

oh, i remember hearing about this project from a while back as well! good luck with its reconstruction!

Still chipping away at the dungeon idea with the little time I get here and there.

Meet the Sons of Janus. These bad boys will be present in Part 3 of the dungeon.

Zq5Dm7H Zq5Dm7H%20(1) Zq5Dm7H%20(2)

Wrathful Son, Wise Son, Wicked Son (left to right)
Essentially recolors of Janus’s original sprite with a few modifications, including different head shapes, two extra claws, and glowing animations for their eyes.

Here’s the old Janus sprite for comparison:

Parasitic Janus o.o. Deca changed the sprite though…

Yeah, I thought I could still reuse the old sprite because it looks really cool IMO. Sad that DECA changed it.

New janus is yucky :c I agree, DECA should pay homage to the old sprite

New Janus isn’t too bad.
After looking at it for a bit I started to notice that it looks like two heads that are connected, but the old sprite I still don’t know what it is.

I see it as a one-eyed monster with two claws, though I may be completely off.

This dungeon looks amazing,When will it be added to the game?

Probably never…:sweat_smile:

I’m hoping DECA can see it in the future some time, along with a couple other dungeons that I’m working on right now, but it’s only natural that my skill can’t compete with the professionals.

Much thanks for your kind words, though!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.