The Social Button needs to be seriously reworked

Ok this is a first for me, and the most wtf moment. I was doing the Toxic Sewers, and obviously things weren’t going very well, so no problem, I decided to nexus.

But I didn’t nexus, I clicked on the social button which has a very bad hitbox, just look at this:

The cursor is obviously on top of the nexus button, but the social button’s hitbox is so wide that it still counts as hitting it even though the cursor is clearly not on it.

So ok, the social tab opens and I’m like “Ok wtf, I’ll just use my hotkey”. But no, nexus hotkeys DO NOT WORK if the social window is up. And just like that, I lost my 6/8 Wizard.

When the features of the game prevent you from executing crucial commands that could be game-changing, then it’s a bad feature. The social button not only needs to be moved somewhere else, but it also has to be reworked where you can still do things when it is up. It makes no sense whatsoever to disable hotkeys when the window is up, and it makes even less sense that the button is so close to a key feature.

i did notice that it was in a bad spot sometimes, but its also your fault for having your nexus hotkey not work.

i guess swapping spots would be nice ( except then people would complain how they went to the normal spot of the nexus key and instead pressed that and died.)

Yea I’ve calmed down a little. I decided to test out the nexus while the social window is on, and then it worked. Idk why it never worked in the Toxic Sewers, because I was mashing that key and it didn’t do anything.

Nonetheless though, I’m not too pissed since it was just a 6/8 wizard with WC tops. It wasn’t one of my mains with the better UTs or anything. I’m just mainly pissed that I have to go through the whole maxing process again, which is more of a waste of time rather than a waste of resources. I just seriously wish I could disable the button or something, cuz I seriously do not want this to happen again.

Maybe you should stop complaining and take a death like the rest of us. it was a 6/8 wizard with tops not very hard to get back. Press your nexus keybind its your own fault really

You probably clicked off of the social window which gave you back control over the game.
In the Sewers it was likely you clicked somewhere on the social window which switched the game’s focus onto it, thus preventing you from nexusing.

It’s a problem, but you really should use the hotkey more than the nexus button to nexus, since it’s always the same hotkey unless you change it and much faster to reach.

Rip wizard.

The death isn’t even the main focus of the post, it’s that the social button is in an awkward position for nexusing using the button and not the hotkey. It’s probably very likely that newbies don’t know about the hotkey, so I agree that the social button should be moved.

Um… Nexus hotkey?

I don’t think it should be moved, maybe it should have a description over it as one button and right click could be nexus and left be social and it could be swapped or whatever, where would the social button go if it were moved? It would look bad under the equips slots and there’s nowhere else to put it, so where would you suggest it be moved to? o;

What about to the right of the equipment, pet, backpack, stats tabs? Take a look, the tabs won’t ever be anywhere near there.

Omg wait, great idea, just make it a fucking TAB O: Dude, you’re a genius, and im fucking baked.

I’m not complaining about the death, it’s not like I’m screaming for the devs to revive my character. I’m saying that if a fundamental feature is going to be overlapped by another feature, then it isn’t good. If someone’s playstyle is more focused on clicking on the nexus button, why should they be punished because a badly placed button with a strange hitbox is in the way? If deaths are already being caused because the social button was in the way for some people, then something needs to be done.

As for those telling me to be more used to using a nexus hotkey, thanks, that’s much better than this guy’s reply. I’ll note it and try and configure my hotkeys to a more desirable layout.

And see? That’s a great idea Orsome! Moving the social button there would be better, because it isn’t exactly next to any crucial feature, especially during battle time.

Sorry to hear about this, man. We had a couple of decent runs with our wizards together.

Press F to pay respects.

Genuinely speaking though, I absolutely do concur with the point you’ve made—in fact, it’s not the first time that I have come to make the same mistake. It can be indubitably irking when clearly one tries to nexus through their acclimated method and yet, fails to.

Having said that, DECA should implement ways to alternatively move the social or nexus button, respectively. @Orsome has a great suggestion: adding the social indicator next to the mentioned tabs can not only allow for a better composition of both buttons but also enable the quick access of it through the hotkey “b”.

Its a good place for it just dont be retarded and click it in a dungeon?

What?

The oddity here is that I recently found out how large this hitbox is indeed as well.
Am I living in a simulation?

To more precisely show how abnormally large the hitbox is:
So the hitbox is something along these lines:
Which is way bigger than the approximate Nexus button hitbox. Quite ridiculous.

Clicking on the nexus icon instead of using the hotkey is suicide no matter how well-made the hitbox is.You’re wasting way too much time and opening yourself up to errors for no good reason.

not if ur playing on puffin

I use a hotkey and this really doesn’t fatally effect my characters but I agree that it shuold be moved. I mean, why does it have to be right there? It could go anywhere.

But playing on puffin is suicide too.

i mean they could move the button to the left of the name also . Closer than right of th pet and less likely to press the pet button.

This happens to me occasionally to for the odd time I want to nexus via clicking (usually doing vaulting or something) or access options. Neutralman was also a player that clicked to nexus. Also don’t mind exxxxdee he’s a discord RL guy who threw a tantrum during the nest event (because people were chaining nests without him after he nexused), started banning people and causing drama.

As for tips, next time the social window opens and you lose control, immediately click outside the window and you should have control again as orsome already said. I do this also when loading into a new area since sometimes you’ll load in and have to click in the game before you can move.