The Sorcerer's Tower. A settlement idea

The Sorcerer’s tower is a persistent building that spawns in the highlands, full of strange and magical trinkets. It is inhabited by a Stern sorcerer who isn’t actually all that Stern.

=================
The Sorcerer’s Tower is settlement that spawns around the highlands. It’s a building where you can get yourself hp and mp pots, grant yourself some buffs and complete some quests for Stern, a sorcerer who also happens to be a musician.

The point of this settlement existing is for pure convenience, and also because it would be a good way to introduce actual quests to realm.

This is a persistent building, which means that it is a setpiece with a portal that doesn’t despawn, and you can enter and exit freely, leaving at the same point you entered.

The quests work the same way daily rewards do, they’ll reset at a specific time. The tower spawns randomly around the highlands, but it has a light blue dot to represent it in your minimap.

If you have a quest accepted, it’ll stay the same regardless of the realm/server!

LAYOUT

The settlement has two unique floors: one where you can get yourself some buffs, read some lore and get hp/mps pots (similarly to Guill).

Both floors, respectively.

Posting more in the comment below.

IMPORTANT: Best of the Best nominations [finished]

In this room, you’ll be able to talk with Stern. He’ll give you quests, just as represented below:

===============================
The items Stern needs will not drop unless you have accepted one of his quests. This way you can prevent players from getting quest reagents beforehand.

posting more in the comment below.

Here are some more examples of quests:

When completed:

I’ve made a bunch of them, but I’d rather not put everything in here as it would get cloggy and spammy.

Now, for some of the proposed rewards:

Note that the rewards would be completely random, but you’ll always receive something for your class.

Also, this project still is a work in progress, and I’ll move all of this to a google doc eventually.

For one, great idea and wonderful sprites.
Secondly, don’t think you can slip a fast one on me, goofball.

:fist_left::pensive::fist_right:

:flushed:

might wanna throw this into WIP if it’s a true work in progress, fyi, but it seems mildly complete to me

I mean, the project itself is finished, the formatting that just isn’t.

hey look it’s me

Final quest designs and room designs came out really well. Great job.

yeah lad love u

I like much.
this really should be added, either as you stated or an alternative to the tinkerer.
I think that you should add some rare rewards to make this worth it

I pretend to, and I will! I’m still updating the post, so don’t worry.

Other than a few typos and some of the sprites needing a bit of work (to me at least), I like it a lot! It’s very intuitive, adds back a purpose to lower tier items, gives an incentive to visit the other biomes in the realm (which is something much needed), adds in friendly realm NPCs, and I like how the questing system in this can be expanded upon.

One question I have is if any of the quests will require tarot cards or other treasure items.

Yes! I plan to add them to the quest system too!

The black text with the dark blue background is a bit difficult to read.

So for these quests, are they limited to the realm that the tower spawns within or is it open to any realms? My thought is, you get into an almost closed realm but do not have enough time to complete the task, what happens? Is it the same quests across each realm or or they unique to each realm? Is there a limit to how many that can be done in a given 24 hour period?

I’m making a mockup to answer those questions. The quests work the same way daily rewards do, they’ll reset at a specific time. The tower spawns randomly around the highlands, but it has a light blue dot to represent it in your minimap.

Edit: As of now, these questions are all in the top post, to avoid confusion.

I’ve always had the idea of NPC’s within the realm that gave you quests, again, within the realm. Not the Tinkerer type of thing, but making it really feel like an RPG with quests and goodies within them. It would help the game flow really nicely for new players, and even give some older players stuff to do to kill some time.

Perhaps, the quests could even be given based on the level/fame/stats maxed of your character, so their difficulty would be scaled accordingly (you won’t see a noob with a Tomb Golden Treasure, let’s be real). This way, everyone would be looking out for these things. I think there is so much potential with what you’ve made and I’m so glad you posted this. Good shit man.

Thank you! I’ll make sure to add scaling to them!

Maybe I am missing the answers to my above questions… do the quests remain the same regardless of what realm/server a player is in, or would the expectation be they are the same across all realms/servers?

If you have a quest accepted, it’ll stay the same regardless of the realm!

Did you know that the name of the Realm’s music is “The Sorcerer’s Tower”?