The Sorcerer's Tower. A settlement idea

I like much.
this really should be added, either as you stated or an alternative to the tinkerer.
I think that you should add some rare rewards to make this worth it

I pretend to, and I will! I’m still updating the post, so don’t worry.

Other than a few typos and some of the sprites needing a bit of work (to me at least), I like it a lot! It’s very intuitive, adds back a purpose to lower tier items, gives an incentive to visit the other biomes in the realm (which is something much needed), adds in friendly realm NPCs, and I like how the questing system in this can be expanded upon.

One question I have is if any of the quests will require tarot cards or other treasure items.

Yes! I plan to add them to the quest system too!

The black text with the dark blue background is a bit difficult to read.

So for these quests, are they limited to the realm that the tower spawns within or is it open to any realms? My thought is, you get into an almost closed realm but do not have enough time to complete the task, what happens? Is it the same quests across each realm or or they unique to each realm? Is there a limit to how many that can be done in a given 24 hour period?

I’m making a mockup to answer those questions. The quests work the same way daily rewards do, they’ll reset at a specific time. The tower spawns randomly around the highlands, but it has a light blue dot to represent it in your minimap.

Edit: As of now, these questions are all in the top post, to avoid confusion.

I’ve always had the idea of NPC’s within the realm that gave you quests, again, within the realm. Not the Tinkerer type of thing, but making it really feel like an RPG with quests and goodies within them. It would help the game flow really nicely for new players, and even give some older players stuff to do to kill some time.

Perhaps, the quests could even be given based on the level/fame/stats maxed of your character, so their difficulty would be scaled accordingly (you won’t see a noob with a Tomb Golden Treasure, let’s be real). This way, everyone would be looking out for these things. I think there is so much potential with what you’ve made and I’m so glad you posted this. Good shit man.

Thank you! I’ll make sure to add scaling to them!

Maybe I am missing the answers to my above questions… do the quests remain the same regardless of what realm/server a player is in, or would the expectation be they are the same across all realms/servers?

If you have a quest accepted, it’ll stay the same regardless of the realm!

Did you know that the name of the Realm’s music is “The Sorcerer’s Tower”?

That’s the joke. Stern, the sorcerer in the tower, is supposed to represent the artist who composed The Sorcerer’s Tower

Yeah. The tower is supposed to be a reference to the song, and the sorcerer in the tower is named Stern, which is the creator of Rotmg’s main theme

Hey, I fixed those so that doesn’t count >:l

Edit:
(they (The tower sprites) also aren’t flawed like those (my sprites), it’s mainly my gripe with how light the colors look on the walls and the cauldron)

This is a great idea! I’d love to see this in game, good job!

Highlands, huh?..It would be shame if an Urgle spawned right in the middle of it all…

57%20PM

It’s a settlement, and by being a settlement it’ll work like a dungeon. Urgles wont be a problem.

Ah. I mistook the word

My bad. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.