The Stone Caves of Nores: another dungeon by Xaklor

oohh, now that i can fix. that’s a big relief to me. sure you can make an animation, and I’ll try later when i have time too.

I felt like the 8x8 sprite of the “pinnacle of the MKII project” didn’t portray the Final Golem at a very “pinnacly” light
So, I made this

My version of the Final Golem :wink:

Generally, I’d understand this to be (give or take) all of the sprites. I’m just not entirely convinced by the blocky style - which is strange, because the sprites seemed really quite nice in the Nameless Void. By far my favourite sprites are the minitank and minilauncher - maybe you could change the robots to be a bit more like them?

Why don’t you make it invisible but vulnerable like a Rogue Puppet before activation? It’s a more efficient, more elegant solution, and it allows for a new sprite.

Just an idea ;3

well, thing about the blocky golem sprites is, golems are these things:

So I made my golems in the same style. However, Piggby’s golem sprite made me realize i have given myself a creative loophole with the “MKII” golems.
As for puffagod’s invisibility solution, efficient and elegant it may be, but it does not serve the same purpose. However between what dappertron said and this possibly helpful suggestion, it has given me an idea of how to move forward.
I have been filled with creative inspiration and have an artistic crusade to embark upon. :slight_smile:

My first run at Thing in the Shadows Thing. The movement tiles were exactly the same as yours, so I didn’t bother uploading those. Use the tags “thing,shadows,dappertron” to find it in the Art Maker.

It might not be as ‘colossal’ as you would like, but give me your honest thoughts!

Dat sword tho :heart_eyes:

I like the dungeon idea, what i think would be a good idea though would be to have the. Alloy drop at a rate of about 10-20 percent and instead of doing the stat changes with the smithy have it be similar to a wine cellar incantion, letting you continue with the dungeon and fight another boss. This would also create an opportunity to have a fourth boss which the third boss of the dungeon would drop a portal for, similar to the lair of draconis.

Behold! I have made my first re-attempt at the shadow’s attacking animation.
I like Dappertron’s too, but it doesn’t carry that, " o shit what is that!?" feeling I’m aiming for. It is pretty cool though.
I’m thinking about trying another shot at it later with a more fleshed-out color palette, but I’m gonna fix the Golem sprites next.

I like it, but his head looks like a deformed basketball. Maybe make him a little less heartshaped?

I dont think that the alloy would fly with deca and also since every stat change to an item would change it, the item would have to be made untradable after use of an alloy on it. It would be cooler and also a lot more feasible to make the alloy act as a key to be able to fight another of the bosses and then if all the bosses were defeated to be able to fight a fourth final boss like it is in the lair of draconis.

I’m not sure where this idea of multiple bosses is coming from, perhaps I left this out of the doc on accident.

Just to be 100% CLEAR, you only fight ONE Tlan Khosst the Metal Wraith. Because there IS only ONE entity called Tlan Khosst the Metal Wraith. Destroying a seal after one of the versions is activated does absolutely nothing whatsoever. If you destroy another seal without activating the one summoned by the last seal, the new form will OVERWRITE the old one. The question I had was: should there be a way to summon a “secret” version or not? I suppose the alloy could do this in some way, but it seems like it would just be another inc.

Well, to clarify how there are 3 drop chances, there is the Tlan Khosst the Metal Wraith of Lightning dude whom drops this item. The Tlan Khosst the Metal Wraith of Ice and finally Tlan Khosst the Metal Wraith of Fire, whom all drop the amulet of fortitude.

Since each one drops a white bag and basically has the stats of a boss, it’s understandable to assume that each one is a separate boss i.e. 3.~

Scratch that, just read [quote=“Xaklor, post:31, topic:1359”]
you only fight ONE Tlan Khosst the Metal Wraith
[/quote]

Which I didn’t know and I did read the document thoroughly. Perhaps I skipped over this part but you should make it more evident :slight_smile:

It is now part of the bosses description, that you only fight ONE of them. (just in case it’s not there somewhere else)

I know that you would only be able to do one boss, i was saying that it would be cool to use the alloy like an inc to be able to fight the other bosses and then have it so that its like a LoD where if you do the bosses in a certain order than you can fight a final boss like the ivory wyvern is for LoD

Hey, amazing job, great sprites, writing, dungeon, tiles, etc. Only change is maybe have the Tinkerer do the smithing
instead of a new NPC (he could have a special interaction when Nores ore is detected in your inv)

Nice.

(How did you make the sprites for the map, though?)

Nice dungeon (I’m a bit late though haha 15 days to be exact). I really like all the new equipment that you added. I have a question about your design: How do you make those gifs for those enemy pictures? How do you turn those pictures into gifs?

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/draw.html

before I tell you, I want to make it very clear that people experimenting with drawing sprites for the first time should definitely use the RotMG pixel editor, the link in your previous post.

Anyway I use Gimp, because it’s free. basically each layer in an image gets recorded as a separate frame when you save an image as an animated gif. If you want more details on what to do precisely, try searching for a tutorial somewhere. Gimp tutorials are pretty easy to find so you shouldn’t have much of a problem.

I do sketch my sprites in the rotmg editor first, to avoid messy looking or improperly sized sprites

Thank You