The story of cubes

Once upon a time, in a far distance land, cubes lived in harmony with eachother, and were very happy with one another. They scowled the lands in search of a treasure one day, but met a grim fate, as an evil sorcerer named Marxiss stood in front of them, saying “This land isn’t fit for the both us” and with that, with his vicious magic, he attacked the cubes. The poor cubes did everything they could to defend themselves. They attacked the sorcerer with everything they had, it was a devastating battle, but the cubes managed to come out on top. Soon the cubes continued to build their land and grow as they continued to obey oryx and protect the realm. The cubes do appreciate friends and aqaintences, so trying to be a friends of the cubes would definitely make the cubes gracious, but be wary as it takes a great heart to do so.

Cubicle wand
pixil-frame-0
Description: A very nice and powerful wand created from the resourceful magic of the cubes,
Dmg: 150-160
Range: 7
Rate of fire: 80%
Stat bonus: +5 wis
Fame bonus: 5%
Feed power: 900
Proj.
pixil-gif-drawing%20(5)
Drops from:
The royal cube

Cubicle dirk
pixil-gif-drawing%20(8)
Proj
pixil-gif-drawing%20(18)
Proj.
pixil-gif-drawing%20(19)
Description: A very nice and powerful dirk created from the resourceful magic of the cubes
Dmg: 150-170
Range: 5.0
Fame bonus: 5%
Feed power: 850
Drops from: The royal cube

The royal cube
pixil-gif-drawing%20(8)
HP: 10,000(+1,000 Per player
Proj
pixil-gif-drawing%20(9)
Dmg: 200
pixil-gif-drawing%20(13)
Dmg: 100

pixil-gif-drawing%20(12)
Royal cube guard
HP 4500
Def 10
Exp: 4500
Proj
pixil-gif-drawing%20(13)
Dmg: 100

Royal squire cube
HP: 1500
Exp: 1500
pixil-gif-drawing%20(5)
Proj
pixil-gif-drawing%20(14)
Dmg: 80

(The royal cube will self destruct when low on health)

Ra?

I really enjoyed the short story on the cubes. Seeing how lore-wise, the cubes serve as “the building blocks of both organic and inorganic matter”, as well as poke fun at the game’s digital nature, I feel like it could potentially be expanded.

As for the idea itself, I wanted to note that I moved the thread into WIP because the idea doesn’t include completed stats like the tier (though I assume it’s UT), rate of fire, range, drop location, etc. As of now, it’s simply a greatly buffed T13 Wand. Feel free to move it to the Items Category once those are added, and back to its original spot in Dungeons & Enemies if you ever add an enemy to go along with it.

The wand’s shape looks pretty nice, though more contrast might be nice (it’s a common error in many spriteworks, not just yours). I redid it with an outline to show you what you mean:

acfe1b1111f756cca75202ab52bb859031870754%20(1)

The story and description hints the Friend of the Cubes achievement, so I’m kind of confused how this item could be obtained unless you do kill a cube, which ruins the achievement.

Anyhow, interesting idea!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.