The White Bag Thread v3

there is actually only 4 rooms between the starting room and boss room

I won’t deny that I haven’t ran a lot of pups lately, but was that a more recent change? They still seem longer. Maybe that’s because I run the entire freaking dungeon every time.

There are nine rooms between you and the boss, always. In my map the paths cross cutting off five of those rooms, leaving only four. But the other five rooms are there. Probably in the top left corner of the map.

I’ve seen crossings before in puppets, but before they made the boss marker visible you were still guessing which way to go, and were as likely to choose a long diversion as a shortcut. So making good use of a shortcut like that is more likely to happen now.

(To avoid derailing this thread too much)

Summary

Am I the only one who misses the hidden boss as the gimmick of the dungeon? Yes? Ok…

Also

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 rooms in between start and the boss…
Visible confusion

I know the puppet has undergone a few changes since I discovered this game, and I think I recall an announcement for a standardized distance between start and the boss, but it’s still seemed rather inconsistent since then. Which I honestly don’t mind.

Pretty sure the layout hasn’t changed, or not for a long time. Nine rooms between you and the boss, then five additional paths which can be added anywhere leading to a dead end or Oryx Puppet (as they can be added anywhere they can be added onto a dead end making it look no longer like a dead end, but there are always five).

Paths can cross, as they can in other dungeons (the UDL and Tomb notably). But the rooms are always there.

The main change is they’ve added the boss marker to the map, reducing the amount of searching needed to find it (though people still search for the Oryx Puppets). Also the enemies have changed with new ones added. And at some point the boss got HP scaling with everything else, as well as a dungeon specific HP nerf to everything to make it less of a slog.

The General Chat Thread

Not that into these sheets. I prefer those emo-y, black ones, you know? The ones with a little red knot you can tie to keep it tight?

Oh hey there insane loot I see you’re back!

Trident

OwO The Li’l Leprechaun is topping a Christmas tree!

why must you cause me pain

That’s an item I could have used a few characters ago.

nice. Idk exactly why, but I like this ring.

ehhh, not what i would have liked.

Literally just thought to myself, “Why do I still do small Oryx’s castles? We almost never get to O2, and I really don’t need the shield, and Stone Swords are almost disappointing to get. I guess there are always st’s. Like that will be a reasonable drop to grind these for.”
*Orange Bag Drops
Ngl, while i was chuckling to myself and going to get it, I thought it was a ring. This makes me happier.

Two minutes later…
Ah, yes, a true gourmet dish, old rock blade. Well, open up, my Marid pet.

From second guild O3, got glife gmana from first guild o3 :frowning: (First red bag from o3!)
EDIT: White I got a few days ago from my fourth ever o3 complete:

I am was pleasantly surprised to get this. Considering my wiz has crap gear equipped. XD

Quite Happy