There needs to be a name wipe for players that have not logged in in a long time

Ive been attempting to change my name for about 2 hours now, the majority of the names that i want to use are players that havent logged in, in over 5 years. Besides my desire to get a new name, the bigger issue i see with this is that new players will have to start the game on a bad note by choosing an undesirable name. Players that should have their names wiped should be light blue stars that havent logged in in over 2 years, blue stars over 4, red stars over 5, and all players over 6 i think thats a safe and large population,

I don’t know how true it is nowadays but don’t people with a lot of playtime could sometimes get lucky and request a name change, Because after coming back this past week or so i’ve seen a lot more uncommon and rare names

Trying cool names using the in game name changer probably isnt gonna cut it. You could ask support and see if they could check to see if a couple of names you have in mind are available.

This reminds me of something incredibly sad:
I was heartbroken after this

They are doing exactly that (a name wipe), of any account inactive for 2+ years. I don’t know if they ever formally announced it but they added a notification to the client with the date of it starting in 2022. Judging though from the Reddit post embedded below there might be some delay:

Bis jetzt 70 Votes und 8 Kommentare auf Reddit

SS from today

Email from about a year and a half ago

If you’re unlucky, deca just won’t transfer names. I get that Realmeye isn’t an official website, but it’s still pretty dang accurate.

Realmeye isn’t complete though. It tracks people with bots in Nexus, which is different from actually tracking logins which DECA presumably does. Realmeye’s bots go offline every time there’s an update for from hours to days, as well as at other random times. Bots won’t see you if you don’t visit the nexus (you can e.g. end up in the tutorial by accident, or deliberately if you know how). And people can tell Realmeye not to track them, or to at least keep that information largely private, visible only to themselves or to guild members.

did you try replying to deca with this ss

A few issues;

The odds of someone taking the name on an active account, logging in ONLY when the realmeye bots are down is incredibly low, same with the odds of them taking the name and logging in only once while the bots were down.

If the new account would be private, Realmeye would show the account as private, unless again it only ever logs in while the bots aren’t tracking.

If they have it set to not show the account creation, then the screenshot I provided would not exist, unless they only log in while bots are down.

I did, and their response was “We are not associated with Realmeye, and as such it is not a 100% accurate source of information” I should also mention that it really doesn’t matter anymore as I’ve stopped playing the game other than to log my characters every couple weeks.

Two things. First ‘incredibly low’ chance does not mean it can’t happen. See e.g. event whites in this game. Each has an incredibly low chance of dropping. But you see people with them all the time so they do drop.

Second ‘active’ in this case means just that the account has logged in at least once. Presumably in the last two years though the e-mail you quote doesn’t say that so it could be some other period.

Again, there are all sorts of ways someone could log in and RealmEye doesn’t pick it up. It’s hardly purely random; servers get busier after updates, which presumably includes a number of players who haven’t played for a while. But that’s precisely when RealmEye’s bots routinely go offline for extended periods.

What bs lol

Tell me something new about Deca

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.