"There was a problem downloading build. Please remove the build manually and try again."

Greetings all. I am currently having an issue with starting the game in the Exalt client. I’ve only ever encountered this issue once with the testing server (in which I was also unable to play the game even when a public testing was in session), but now this problem affects me on the actual server and I am unsure of how to go about fixing it.

As of right now I am playing the game on Windows 10 with the Steam Exalt client and have attempted to manually delete the file in which the build was located, as well as reinstall the game on Steam, to no luck on my end. I have also confirmed that there is no such file as “RotMG Exalt.exe” present within the “C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\RealmOfTheMadGod\Production” folder, which seems odd at the same time.

Any and all help, resources, or possible workarounds to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Try looking at this and seeing if any of that works, then let us know your findings.

I have managed to successfully resolve this issue. It turns out my silly antivirus (I use Avast, so the troubleshooting guide definitely helped) blocked “RotMG Exalt.exe” and so I had to exempt it from being purged through the antivirus app itself. Much appreciated in advance for the helpful resource.

No problem! Yeah, anti-viruses can be finicky about those things sometimes. Unless… Rotmg is a festering virus? :eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.