Thoughts on new LoD

I think that loot listed from Ivory might be guaranteed for at least 1 person, since I soloed like 3/5ths of a LoD (other person left after the 2nd dragon) a few days ago and also got 1 def, 1 dex, 1 draconis potion, and the mark.

I don’t really think 1 def and 1 dex for doing potentially the entire dungeon solo is quite worth the squeeze.

(also related: I feel like midgame dungeons such as these, which are feasible to do solo but take a long time, should reward more for a solo at least. Ideally, you’d have a group of people to do the dungeon with, as is expected for an MMO, but from experience, people get bored and it won’t be as good of loot as just doing glands dungeons or, in USS nexus case, waiting for the next pop with lots more people, in that same amount of time, so people just leave and then you’re left alone with the option to also nexus or finish the dungeon.

Also also also soloing means you get to see all the phases of a boss/most of what a dungeon has to offer as nothing will get steamrolled or skipped, it’s fun and a neat experience and adds back some challenge to dungeons you normally sleepwalk through in groups and we really should reward this)

No

It always was special in that it’s ‘Limoz the Veridian Dragon Deux’ in there, like all the BNex bosses separately coded as a ‘Deux’ version so they can have their own drop table different from the standard boss. Same as they did with Mad God Mayhem’s bosses. Meaning that changes to the standard boss won’t affect the other version. Also old O2! Hooray!

And hopefully being a special Kabam-commemoration dungeon, Deca’s roving itchy-fingers will not fall upon the mighty BNex and let us keep experiencing the old Limoz and O2 as a piece of glorious history unsullied by HP scale! (of course restoring the original higher whitebag loot rates would be nice :stuck_out_tongue: , as they are simply vanity items). Yeah, I like BNex you might’ve guessed. Alas its dungeon counter was only installed in 2017 so I can’t show off my completions. But we’ve talked about it too much hush I already fear the rework police are listening in… :male_detective:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Okay I’m necro-reviving this because I want to talk about the new Lod some more now that it’s been in the game for a little while!

My opinion of it definitely has improved since my first thoughts.
But most specifically I want to talk about the order that people do the dungeon in, as I can’t really find much discussion about it.

Red-Blue-Green-Black seems the default, most of the ones I saw in the recent event went this way.
Or Red-any-any-Blue if the Altar intervened, wasn’t at all bad, as Blue doesn’t get much tougher being last.

I’ve seen a few start Blue-Red… that’s pretty reasonable for the whole fight.

But I got a shock when trying for a change Green-Black-Red-Blue.
Black had the misama clouds appearing and disappearing, nearly died to those, and then Red seemed really tough to dodge the boss shots what with green solid obstacles around the place (were three of us only left by this point when I nexused in a mess).

Any other weird orders you particularly like or dislike?
Are any particularly bad for robes, or for melees?
Ivory seems not much bother no matter what order, or is there something that is a really bad combo?

Or in general do you have any more thoughts now that the dungeon has been in for a while?

It was meant to be the endgame back in the day though

tbh I kinda dislike Nikao’s inherited Feargus shots during the egg phase - he shoots literal wings of pet stasis shots over the “bridges”, that are very tough to dodge.

Feargus’ inherited Limoz miasma is also quite tricky, its spread is incredibly quick too - but a change in tactics is all that’s needed to properly tackle that.

Pyyr’s minions are also really overwhelming when fought last in the order Black-Blue-Green-Red; Pet Stasis tornadoes, Sick shots from the miniond, and Slowing shots from Pyyr - yikes.
I’d say that he’s the most polarizing of all dragons: fought first, he’s quite easy, but with any inherited buffs he gets a whole lot nastier.
On top of that he’s also the least “creative” of the dragons; he only has three different phases, which are just done twice each - except the second set has lava in the arena.
Tbh, I’d like it if he got at least a different final phase, to give him a bit more of an identity.
As for his minions, if they didn’t inflict their status effects for the first time of that phase, that could make it a little more forgiving - alongside perhaps a decrease in aggro range. Make those lazy bums move around a bit, don’t let them all gang up on a solo player!

I don’t really have anything to say about Limoz - except that the requirements for his shields to be thrown are a little weird. Sometimes I shoot 'em once and they get thrown, sometimes I push them to spawn a hatchling. It’s weird!

well, this is not back in the day

@SunnyBPW made this might be of interest

@Unicorn the wiki page too has a lot of info about the inheritance features and a gallery of screenshots too.

Yeah @Seelpit it was those purple ‘wings’ of shots (you mention at Nikao) that seemed to be the toughest part when they showed up at Pyyr. Definitely can’t be ignored/lazy tanked.

Is it bad that I genuinely hate every pixel of this dungeon with the entirety of my being?

hmm no.

If you head over to the Cursed Sprites thread, you can hate even parts of it that aren’t in the game!

He said it was never meant to be endgame content

Saw this thread and just wanted to post.

The problem with LOD is that it’s no-game content. If it was never meant to be endgame content that’s fine. But right now LOD doesn’t fit into any category.

It’s hard.
It’s long.
The loot is scarce.
The loot is meh.

There’s really no reason to do this dungeon.

I like going black blue green red, it compensates for how tankable the dungeon is otherwise with more pet stasis and armor pierce, Ivory Wyvern is a great boss because of how fast paced and chaotic it is imo, but admittedly the drop rates are too low.

Not ‘hard’ if you know the phases. Though I find it fun, it’s not worth it to do more than 1 boss.

I really enjoy the rework. The new inheritance mechanics keep the dungeon fresh for me, and the fights are actually FUN now.

I have to admit they really butchered the hell out of the Ivory sprite though. The rest I’m fine with. Only issue I have with the dungeon is that the loot is trash. Even if I don’t care about potions, most of the whites from there are really underwhelming when compared to STs. I suppose this would be fine as it isn’t considered an end-game dungeon anymore, but they gotta pump up those drop rates to make up for it. I rarely ever see anyone running whites from here besides the katana and star.

Don’t worry: I made it even worse!