Tiered items resprite

That took me a while.
I’ll already add, I was somewhat aiming for top tiers to have something from UT in them, because they pretty much drop from most powerful bosses in game!

pogchamp

love the skulls and bows. i have to say thee daggers look a little too thick (fire dagger in my opinion is the best)

This man’s finally made traps look good.

I absolutely love these; the thing I would change is to make the left side of the t6 rings lighter.

Alright, I just want to start of by saying what beautiful sprites these all are! Ill go through my thoughts of each item type now. I love the swords, just not the last three. I personally think that they should have kept their previous color scheme. Those stood out before, but I don’t really get the same vibe from these. Daggers is somewhat- but not entirely- the same. The main thing there is the single sided versions. That may just be a personal preference, but I prefer the double edged. Katanas are the same as the swords for me, but the t12 looks amazing! Staffs, I like. Something about the final one I don’t like, but I can’t quite place it. I love the wands soo much. I’d say that everything in that row is perfect. Bows look sick, but the last two look like UTs, which you did say you did that on purpose. I would have preferred them similar to the t13, but they are still sick. I love the last three of all the armors, they just don’t seem like the same items to me. I’m pretty okay with the t13s, they look good. The t14 and 15s though. The robes stood out in such a good way, although the t15 was far worse. The t14 leather is imo one of the best in game sprites. The others are okay, as the current sprites are somewhat meh. Now, uber rings in black is dead sexy! I want those. Lower tiered shields are good, I prefer the higher ones as is. I like the shaped of the helms, just not for tiered. Wakis are good, not much to say there. I prefer the final tier of stat, but the rest are fire. Cloaks, I think the simple color on them is better, but the change so it looks like the hood is down makes so much of a difference. Not really sure if I like the poisons as is, or with your sprites. I don’t really like the end prisms, but I love those beginning four. I want those in game. Quivers look dope. I don’t love the traps, but they are better than what’s in game. Lutes are okay, Id mix and match those with the current sprites. I’m really digging those spells. I don’t really have an opinion on the orbs. The skulls are pretty lit, but I don’t love the double color. I think I prefer the current tomes (actually I prefer the og tomes. Never likes the upright change.) Scepters are cool, but start looking like staffs too fast. Also, I really like the current white on bright color scheme. Oh, apparently I totally skipped the seals. I like up to t6, of which that and t7 I prefer current. These are all amazing though.

These sprites are great, but they also make me wonder if they should actually be implemented into the actual game- they just don’t fit in. Realm is great in its simplicity, and while your sprites look awesome, imho they wouldn’t really feel right among the current spritework of the game. They’d just look a bit out of place, and that’s my only complaint, really.

As for the sprites themselves, my one and only critique is-

what if someone doesn’t like purple? a bit of variety is nice.

yeah I think the color pallete doesn’t really match realm, but it looks to me like it could be the direction deca wants to go based on the new dungeon reworks, and glands changes

For a second I was wondering where the traps were, I saw what looked similar to traps but they looked way to good to be traps, then I realized those were the traps and I got excited!!! My heart is touched!!!:pleading_face:

idk it doesn’t really match realm. i really like the Dagger projectiles they look great

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.