Trading center

Using usw3 and realm eye to trade is a pain. Sometimes you leave something up on realm eye and just forget about it because either someone wants your deal but you aren’t online or no one wants it. This idea would be like the Grand Exchange from runescape. This can be a separate server for this or a specific area like in the tinkerer or in the vault. Where you can put up your offer and just wait from someone to accept your offer. For example, you are selling/buying 6 spd for 2 glife. You can do whatever dungeon you are doing and with the new notifications it can say “Offered Sold/Bought” or you can go offline and if someone bought your offer, you can claim your “reward” and it goes to the gift chest. I feel like this idea would also help with vault space for f2p players. I didn’t really go deep into this idea and I’m not even sure someone already proposed this idea. I do realize that there may be duping issues stopping DECA from doing this but I’ll let them take care of that.

I am sure it has been suggested many times before. I think it would be nice to have but there are a couple of issues with it.

The main issue is it would be a massive amount of work to code. A whole new system requiring new storage for the data, a new UI for interacting with it, new object states, new rules perhaps over what can be traded (to stop it being flooded with trivial trades e.g.).

Secondary to that, though potentially even more work, would be ensuring it could not be used for incorrect purposes. So it can’t be used as free storage by listing items you have no intention of selling. So it can’t be used for duping by exploiting edge cases. So it can’t be used to transfer things to mules.

All of that can be avoided with careful design, but that design takes work and the end result might be less user-friendly or less useful.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.