Trivial Issues Thread

It is a legit thing to capitalise Important Words or words that have a Special defined meaning.

That hurt to read.

Invulnerable in this context have doesn’t have a special, defined meaning though. It has a run of the mill, stock, ordinary, non-special meaning of not vulnerable. Just like your ‘Special’. :slight_smile:

https://www.scribendi.com/advice/capitalization.en.html

Well Invulnerable is a specific in-game concept with a precise definition.

Hence things like Speedy or Armored get it too, if it’s wanting to make readers aware that it is a direct reference to something precise, here being the status effect Invulnerable.

Or IDK maybe it’s a UK/US thing god knows it’s painful to type Armored.

Yes the Special there would make people think “oh Special means something does it”. That’s how I see it anyway.

(but I agree it’s not needed at all in the context)

Edit: did a bit of searching, it’s this I was thinking of:

With it. It’s not invulnerable, it has the status effect Invulnerable which is a defined condition.

I’m going to carry on drinking now… :smiley:

so i use arrow keys to move

pic

but every time i load in the realm i still get this

Shouldn’t it be “Used to bind aggressive golems?”

It should also be “Considering they’re no longer attached” and “they do not appear…” as the cuffs are plural (two connected by a chain).

This is exactly why I prefer to capitalize class names, weapon types, abilities, status effects and other RotMG-specific terms as well, though sometimes I wonder where the line is. Technically Class, Weapon and Ability already have a unique context too, but that would probably be overdoing it…

It just makes sense to me, here are some silly examples:
The Rogue became our knight in shining armor for finishing off Geb.
The Knight decided to go rogue and stop using his Shield.
The Spiteful Scutum is a Shield inspired by Roman shields.

Looks like that description is off on many levels, especially the use of ´ instead of '. :thinking:

AP English: RotMG Edition

Um, excluding the “Spiteful Scutum” capitalization, those look very bad. Honestly

Just looks like someone went “Well this looks Good so it may be better to do Writing like this”

I concur.

The capitalisation tends to be done to emphasize that there is a specific definition for something, typically used in contracts to define more general terms like Owner or Service Level Agreement to something very specific and legally enforceable.

In sentences where the meaning is glaringly obvious like “The knight decided to go rogue” basic English should take precedence. “Invulnerable” vs. “invulnerable” is right on the very borderline; it does have a specific definition but not capitalising it causes no confusion at all and reads better.

Good point. I’m never quite sure whether I should be doing it or not, in the context of RotMG there isn’t really any need. I guess it might stem a bit from my native language, German. We like to capitalize every noun.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Keep 'em coming!

“[G]ooder” annoys me. I get that it’s supposed to make you think of the phrase “Good boy,” but it’s grammatically incorrect. Better, not “gooder.”

Never been a good boy this good

How bout that

“I know it’s just a meme, but I still expect it to be written in proper English.”

wat

Calling a dog a good boy isint a meme!

In every English speaking country I’ve been to I’ve never heard the word gooder

I’ve heard " ain’t been a better" but that’s the extent

They should of used " there has never been a more honorable boy in a thousand dynasties" or loyal

I prefer Bavarian

You haven’t heard it because it isn’t a word.

@RMGnoob it isn’t a meme, and I think it should be grammatically correct. I’m not entirely sure whether it was written incorrect on purpose to sound more like the phrase “good boy” or if it was accidental. Either way I think it should be changed.

First they fail an invasion of russia, now their making up words what’s next