Tsunami's Paladin Guide! Part 1

Introduction

Hi everyone! I figured it’s time to finally make a paden guide, as it’s been awhile since I’ve said I would probably make one. If any of you have seen me fooling around in the realm, or doing something stupid, it’s been on a paladin most of the time.
It also seems to be one of the few classes that I can max with, along with rebuilding ;-;

Feel free to discuss anything you don’t agree (civilly) in the comments!

Anyhow, enough about me, on with the show!
Note: I’ll be editing this if anything that impacts the paladin gets added in a patch
Note 2: I’m too dead to type out part 2 right now, I’ll merge both of them once I finish part 2, release it, then remember that I need to merge them (Part 2: Dungeons + How to Play + Farming)
Note 3: I’ll be also editing this over time to make it easier to read, along with adding more analysis.
##Overview

Summary

The Paladin is a very tanky class, able to take alot of damage, and maintain quite a consistent stream of high damage bullets. It maintains a sort of hybrid between tank and fighter, in essence a bruiser. While being highly reliant on mana (and good mana usage), a high mp heal pet is not always necessary. Yet with an hp boost granted by the seal, more endgame players still draw some use out of it’s ability, leading to a large player base

Gear

Swords: (if you haven’t familiarized yourself with all of the swords, check them here https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/swords)
Due to the paladins inherent damaging ability (on all tiers, on all seals), there isn’t a massive need to get a sword solely for high def bosses. With this in mind, there are a few swords which can fill some niches for the paladin, as follows:

https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Weapons/Swords/T11%20Skysplitter%20Sword.png
The Tiered Sword: With my personal favorite to use (because I’m never lucky ;-:wink: I’ll pretend it’s because it’s useful. Overall, strong everywhere (I won’t talk about this that much because this is for UT swords, whoops)

https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Untiered/Ancient%20Stone%20Sword.png
The Ancient Stone Sword: Now with drop tables being improved for the stone guardians, these are alot more common for most people, which means people who aren’t CandyShi can use it! While the lowered fire rate may throw off some people, damaging throws it’s damage on steroids, allowing you to start hitting as hard as a doom bow (~900s). Use this on bosses you need some range for, as that .5 is much more useful on an a.s.s then a csword or such. Some examples might be Oryx 2, clearing in a Shatters, the Nest, those-annoying-coils-in-a-lab-that-you-know-I’m-talking-about. Also good if there’s alot of weakens flying around.

https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Untiered/Pixie-Enchanted%20Sword.png
The Pixie Enchanted Sword: Yeah you probably knew this was going to be here. Damaging from paladin makes this useful in almost any situation, especially godlands or rushing dungeons (allows you to kill minions faster), or on bosses (like Dr.Terrible or Malphas). Just, just get one if you can.

Seals: Honestly, I don’t think I need to add a UT section on here, as both of the UT seals are pretty end game, and if you have either of them you shouldn’t need to refer to this guide, so I’ll help you decide between T5 and T6 (we don’t talk about the ST seal).
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Abilities/Seals/T6%20Seal%20of%20the%20Blessed%20Champion.png
from
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Abilities/Seals/T5%20Seal%20of%20the%20Holy%20Warrior.png

Anything pre-T5 should always try to get a T5 first

Now, assuming you’ve maxed wis, you’re going from 85 per use to 90, for an increase of 30 Health. Yet, while this may seem like alot, you should always try and increase your other stats. Once you’ve reached 4/8 status (explained later), you should get a gcookie if you can (with extra life).

Armor: Basically
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Untiered/Candy-Coated%20Armor.png
or
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Armor/Heavy%20Armor/T11%20Abyssal%20Armor.png
Obviously CC whenever DPS isn’t needed. Nobody cares about other armors.

Ring: Oh man, I can go on for an hour about what ring to use, but the general principle is:
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Rings/Paramount/Ring%20of%20Paramount%20Defense.png
if : your pets hp heal < 80
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Rings/Paramount/Ring%20of%20Paramount%20Health.png
if: your pet’s hp heal > 80
https://i.imgur.com/h1iN166.png
if: you have it and are less than 6/8, overall stat bonuses are better when you don’t have any of the stats maxed. If you’re 6/8, refer to above.
Obviously you can choose higher tiers if you want
Analysis : I’ve seen alot of people using para hp, and only recently have tried it for myself. From what I’ve seen, it’s not very useful before you’ve maxed def, and even now I’d rather use a para def but I’m too lazy to buy one and for SOME reason I can’t get one so here we are. Basically, the theory behind this is that you’re hp regen is already high, along with an added hp boost from your seal (which you can reactive with the buff present to heal for that much). This means stacked HP is a path you can go, but makes you generally squishier than other melees.

With this in mind, I use para def because it allows me to tank alot more shots (this is generally with abyss in mind), which the regen then comes in to compensate for. Honestly, either option makes you tanky, so you don’t have to buy what I’m saying here. But, before you disregard it, try out a def ring for a little bit.

Phew, now that we’ve gone past gear, lets move onto:
##Maxing
TLDR: Dex -> Attack -> Def -> Wis -> Vit -> Spd

Explanation

Right now, with solely your armor, you have a solid ~20 def, which is typically enough to take most things in godlands to the face without melting like a ice cream cone after being dropped on the sidewalk because SOMEONE wanted to eat it at 2am. This also allows you to get in more sb at this weakish point, not to mention maxing both is simple through sprite worlds and puppets/native-sprite-god-attack.
Def is something that might take you awhile, but is VERY needed on paladin. Since your seal doesn’t grant you any additional defense, you should focus on improving this stat so your inherent regen has more of an effect.
Wis come next because it makes such an impact for everyone. The HP boost is VERY nice, and if you’re pet isn’t very strong in terms of mp heal, this adds a great deal more regen (and damage) to your kit
The rest is easy enough to figure out.

I didn’t really read it, but it sure looks interesting!

that’s more than enough :stuck_out_tongue: (the like)

ewww para rings and old tops
who uses those (other than the really poor)

i cri

Hm, I really wonder who uses them

no u werent meant to see that1!!!11!!!111!
ive been exposed ;(

Are you blind
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/paladin-class-guide

who actually reads that

i summon @potatobaez!

I think expo would be the best choice for pally. If you have a better pet, you can gravitate toward the more hp-centered rings. However, for this target audience, I’d recommend an expo.

more people than on forums lol

Most of the points stated in your guide aren’t exactly wrong, because guides are subjective…although I would argue that maxing wisdom comes second, whereas attack is last.

Speed is essential for many classes for both dodging capabilities and rushing. Plus, snake pits are much more common now due to the medusa drop.

Overall not a bad guide, a little extra formatting could make it easier on the eyes. Nice.

Pls do collab with GammaGamer

yea paden is a pretty good class

I planned on this to people trying to 6/8 paden for the first time, and generally wis is very grindy so I figured it’d be easier to get attack first, because in the long run attack helps for the wis grind.

plebs guide to paden.
STEP ONE: Don’t play paden
STEP TWO: Think about your good decision making

Maybe this is why you’re a pleb. Why shouldn’t we play paden? It’s just another class, just like archer, necromancer, wizard, etc. How is it a good decision choosing not to play any class? If a class was unbalanced or simply too weak in comparison to the other classes, surely Deca, Kabam, or even Wildshadow would have realized and made the change. However, there were and are no massive changes to any class. Why? Because every class has its own unique purpose. Not one class is bad or by any means, underpowered whatsoever. By throwing out an argument with no evidence or reasoning to support it is just nonsense in one post. Also, your post is not a guide whatsoever. Maybe you were being sarcastic, but I feel offended when you insult paden blatantly like that. I’d say that the Paladin class is one of the best, if not the best. I know that question is subjective, and everyone has his or her own opinions, just like you do. So why do I value the Paladin class so much and so deeply?:

##Versatility:
I believe that the first thing that the paden has is its flexibility. It can be used in many different roles and in many different ways. You can support others with a GCookie while dealing lots of damage. You can invest in primarily damage and healing to support yourself. You can be a tank with GCookie and Oreo as a swap out for dungeons such as the Shatters. Even without these items, the Paladin (with damaging) can out-damage many other classes like the necromancer, trickster, and even the wizard.

##Tankiness:
The Paladin is not a class where you have to worry about survivability (to an extent). Unlike the squishy wizard, damage does not come with a big price. Let’s face it. The wizard can’t take too much. However, the Paladin can, even without a max divine pet. Crazy, right!? Equipped with a T6 Seal and maxed Wisdom, the Paladin can heal 150 (I think, I forgot) with a healing effect. That’s 150+ HP healed for one ability. Multiply that by 5 and that’s how much a paladin can heal at once. If the values are spread out, maximizing the potential of the healing effect, the survivability increases massively. Is that it? No! The Paladin also has a unique seal: The Seal of Blasphemous Prayer (otherwise known as the Oreo). Though it decreases a little def, it gives a bonus speed and Invulnerability. You can tank the shots from the darkest depths and still survive. Nice! And we’re not even counting the ring yet. Equip a Pyra for that extra damage and tankiness…or maybe UBHP for the bonus health. Furthermore, the Paladin is a class with (generally) the third highest defense.

##Damage:
The Paden is also well-known for its damage. So we just talked about why it was so tanky and defensive. Many other MMO, MOBA, RPG, etc games make classes where offensive capabilities are sacrificed in order to make a tanky/defensive monster. The Paladin is not like that. While defensive, the Paladin is also equipped with lots of damage. The Paladin can out-damage every single class (maybe excluding the warrior) at all given times. There are some exceptions to this, but most of the time, I’d say Paden would win in terms of damage. The only thing sacrificed for damage is the small range, which is made up of the Pixie Sword and the CSword.

##Appearance:
The Paden is not really well known for this aspect, but look at that beautiful sprite!

First, it’s noble appearance. By the looks of it, it doesn’t look (fking) ugly like the Knight does.

Legend says it was so ugly that everything had to be 500 meters away from it at all times.

Second, look at its vibrant shades of gold and great yellow. Isn’t that beautiful?
Lastly, look at its (uh) horns…magnificent…!

/s

this entire thing is not supposed to be taken seriously then.

btw I only hate paden because it has no def and low dex. The ability is decent so meh

Also u best watch yourself bub xd

No. Judging by your post, you didn’t even read my argument. You only read the last part, which supposedly seemed like a TL;DR.
I said /s for the appearance. Obviously, it isn’t a real “point” of why paden is so amazing.

then you definitely do not need to bash on the class. (bashing bride is a paden skin haha)
LOW def? It has more than whatever PLEB class you’re playing

funny

Low dex is not something I can refute. However, it does have high attack points to make up for that. If youre thinking about arguing against low dex, then why do people use A.S.S? Low ROF but high Damage.

don’t need to because I have my paden