Turning off chat

I find it seemingly impossible to turn off the player chat while keeping whispers on. Under Options>Chat the Whisper chat toggle says “Toggle Whisper chat ON or OFF. Turn this ON, Player Chat OFF, and Guild Chat OFF to only display Whispers. May help with chat spam.” however the Player Chat toggle says “Toggle Player chat ON / OFF. Does not hide system messages. NOTE: This also affects Whisper and Guild Chat options.”

So is it possible to only have Whisper chat, I cannot seem to get it to work and given the toggle options contradict each other I am thinking it is a bug? Any help would be appreciated.

Allow disabling of private chat without turning off Player Chat as well

how many stars does your friend have? the stars requirement can help out, but might disable those below it

I have the star requirement turned off, so that should not come into play. I was trying to figure this out with my alt that is 8 stars, for the record.

ahh ok

I’m pretty sure you’re right in that turning player chat off screws up whispers. I thought they did something about that a while ago but it may have been something different.

I don’t blame you for wanting to turn off the chat.

Yea, turning player chat off in the past worked, now I cannot keep whispers on.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.