[UPDATED!]The problem(s) with ST items and my ideas to fix them

Yes you did say that… and I’m asking why?

If you’re saying that you disagree with my opinion that items purchased using Realm Gold should be soulbound, you could say just that instead of putting words into my mouth that I never said. Likewise, I never said that a player purchasing in-game items using real money was a bad thing at all. As someone who has spent a lot of money on this game and am fairly satisfied with my purchases, why would I even say that?

I do agree with you saying that ST items should either all be soulbound or all be tradable. Such an inconsistency should be addressed, and I guess Deca might consider phasing those STs out in favor of new soulbound STs for the classes that currently use tradable STs (like they did with knight). While I thought my idea would address the inconsistency, you’ve made a good point that having a soulbound and tradable version of the same equip would be quite intricate, and maybe even unnecessary, while failing to address the issue of duping efforts.

I literally asked why you thought that, do I have to keep re-quoting myself to show that?

When did I ever put words in your mouth? What are you on about mate

I never said it was a bad thing either, and I never implied that you said that. Again, what are you on about mate?

You just contradicted yourself… ^

Anyways, let me clarify what I mean: When (and if) DECA decides to redesign the ST items, all current ST items would be changed to the new design. From there, we as a community can decide to make all ST items soulbound or tradeable.

I’ve obviously gone off on a tangent, and I do apologize for it.

To answer your question as to why I think that items purchased with realm gold should all be SB, I say that because I am not a fan of one being able to affect the economy by merely purchasing something or obtaining it via the daily login calendar system. Making a gold-purchased item soulbound would allow the buyer to use the item without it affecting the economy by cheapening the same item in tradable form.

However, let me bring up a couple of arguments against that idea. Purchasing tradables with realm gold probably wouldn’t affect the economy much, unless a lot of people made a deliberate committment to affect the economy this way. In addition, making gold-purchased items soulbound would probably have too small of an effect that even bothering to do it would not be very worthwhile.

My primary issue, as with the STs’ soulbound statuses, is the possibility of getting a lot of ST chests from gold purchases and being able to sell any tradable STs off, affecting the economy even if only a little bit. I say this because in my pledge to the Unity support campaign, I obtained a lot of ST chests for my contribution and many of them gave me STs that I could trade off. It brought me to question if Deca really intended for the items earned from ST chests to remain tradable if the ones earned via drops are also tradable.

My suggestion was to create two versions of each ST so that it would allow STs to be traded while any purchased STs would remain usable by the buyers without affecting the value of the tradable versions of the same STs. However, the faults with this idea are, as you’ve said, the complex additions required for it and the fact that it fails to address the issue of duping. Even still, I do feel that this is one good (if flawed) way of making the soulbound status of STs more consistent. As much as I like this idea, I would also agree if Deca and their UGC team decided to put this difference of tradable STs and soulbound STs to rest by making all STs either tradable or soulbound.

Should every ST be made soulbound, it would kill off an economy of tradable STs and anger any player who held on to those previously tradable STs as a form of wealth more than a practical use. My suggestion would have allowed such an economy to survive. But then it comes down to one question: does the purchase of STs, ST chests, and the acquirement via login calendar of ST chests have enough of an effect on the in-game ST economy to warrant such a complex change? If the answer is no, then I would rather all STs be tradable then for them to be soulbound.

easy solution: give players, say a month of notice before the soulbinding. let them exchange their stuff for decas. easy

what about ripper? or brain? shendyt? pierce spell? soulless? etherite?
Pixie isn’t the only st worth using on its own.

He was giving one example…

Thank you for summarizing your train of thought. It is well organized.

The point you kept referring you for the majority of your argument is the effect that purchasing STs have on the economy. Let me just get this out of the way from the get-go. DECA doesn’t care about the economy and neither do I.

I agree that purchasing tradeable STs will cause the economy price for those items to change. However, the action of putting tradeable items for gold purchase has been done since almost the start of the game. We’ve always had tops in nexus, we’ve always had ST boxes with Kabam’s tradeable STs, all available for realm gold. Those examples have never caused any problems. Anyone can agree that items in game do have a certain value attached to them, and paying for those items with real money makes sense, even if you can also acquire those items in-game. In addition, there is no problem here for DECA. The more people to buy items with realm gold, the more money DECA makes to create better content. Furthermore, DECA does not give a flying fuck about the economy, and this is made quite evident through all the chest events since the beginning of DECA’s reign. Mana cost has been reduced to shit and tops are worthless.

Next, let me get into the economy aspect: Purchasing items with realm gold will lower the cost of said item in the game. This is a good thing for people who actually intend to use the item instead of storing the item as wealth. If I want a pixie sword for my paladin, I’d rather it be a lower price than a higher price. Allowing store-bought items to be tradeable is a win-win situation.

Of course, I don’t forget that people use ST items and other items as a means of wealth, or storing. However, it is a crucial part of trading and buying and selling to be aware of the economy. Players should always be on the lookout for the best item to store (deca rings/skins/STs) in bulk. If the economy is affected by in-game purchase, let it be! It’s everyone’s role to adapt to the game and the market. Most importantly, we can’t start making changes to the game just because the economy will suffer. The economy is meant to change and shift, just like in the real world. 1 def shouldn’t always equal 3 dex until the end of time.

Finally, I agree that we should be given a warning period ahead of time, when and if DECA decides to make all items SB or tradeable, just like @ArexRew said.

I know this is sort of an old post, but I wanted to give my two cents here on what some of the passives could be, since I think giving ST sets passives makes a lot of sense and you have a good reasoning for it.

Phylactery Mystic Set: Conqueror of Realms

When you are 6 or fewer tiles ahead of allies, you gain +2 ATT and +2 SPD per player, capping out at +8. This is just a boost to your character, so there is some personal incentive to playing like a chad, but the real part of this passive comes with this second part: Any allies 6 or fewer tiles behind you gain +4 ATT and +4 SPD. This passive makes sense since the mystic is a team oriented class (despite the ST orb being kind of greedy), and it would actually be very useful to have around since every player becomes that much more powerful. The set is also quite tanky, so it plays off of that. If you think some of the numbers are too high/low, lemme know.

Twilight Archmage Set: Final Eclipse

After maintaining your fire on an enemy for 6 seconds straight (you wouldn’t have to be 100% accurate, that’s nigh on impossible; you’d need to be hitting like 80% of your shots), you become empowered, and your shots deal armor piercing damage for the next 6 seconds. After these seconds, it goes on cool down for 30 seconds. This solidifies this set as a damage dealing set, because the wizard has many methods of staying tanky. IMO, I feel like with the staff having a funky shot pattern, if you are skillful enough to hit shit with it, you should be rewarded. Note: Hitting Invulnerable things do NOT count towards your 6 seconds, that’d just be stupid. I think my concept is good, but my balancing might be kind of shit on this one, so if you have any number suggestions, again, lemme know.

Lost Golem Set: Crazed Wanderer

When you enter a dungeon, every once in a while (around 35 seconds at first, but will become increasingly more common as time goes on) fake enemies (these enemies will be enemies of the dungeon you’re in) will charge at your player, and then vanish after 2.5 seconds (they can tank your shots, but don’t deal damage, inflict status effects, drop items, give exp, or die). They will seem just as real as the actual enemies though, with HP bars, same movement speed, shot patterns (fake Blobombs will also flash, for example), dots on the mini map and what not. For every occurrence of a fake enemy, you become more powerful, gaining +2 ATT and +2 DEF, capping out at +12. Note: Fake enemies can come from any direction, and last for 2.5 seconds on your screen. They exist purely on your screen. If you’re pushing through a Shatters carefully, with your camera not centered, a fake Ice Sphere can show up behind you out of nowhere, and it’s up to you to consider whether it’s a fake, and stay calm, or panic, and nexus.

I also liked one of the ideas here for the Samurai ST set, where it basically implies that the better you play (dodge shots), the more you are rewarded, but I was too lazy to think up of something. Some of these ideas are really complex (Trickster ST Set) and I assumed it was implied but I’m gonna make sure I say it: If these passive ability changes were to actually go through, the stats of the ST set itself would need to be nerfed/changed as they currently stand.

If I didn’t have a history of heart conditions before…

Cool idea. One big issue which is probably the reason it’s not tradeable in the first place. Duping. With duping, people can now can any ST (including SB) at a pretty cheap price, ruining the entire purpose

I’m looking for clarification on the positioning. How will the game define whether you are ahead of allies or not? Do you just mean being 6 tiles away from a player? If you meant that, then the second part of the passive doesn’t make much sense, because again it’s hard to say who is behind you in the map.
Also, I like how the passive plays into the mystic’s gameplay, but this is a passive for an ST set so I think it’d have to relate more to the character.

I’ve actually gotten a lot of similar ideas on the wizard passive, and I’m starting to like the idea of maintaining damage/accuracy in order to get a bonus.

The idea is very relevant to the character of the ST set, but I think it’d be pretty hard to code in individual enemies per dungeon, and to even code in fake enemies along with fake shots, etc. etc. Good concept though.

I agree 100%. For passives to actually be implemented the ST items have to be redesigned and properly balanced.

Fair enough. This is complete brainstorming and a really far shot if DECA would really implement something this drastic.
A man can dream :slight_smile:

another problem

im getting rich off of these, while getting char slots and vaults slots, im also getting an st item for each alt (also with keys and chests), ive opened like 35 and gotten 3 fplates, 1 pierce, 2 spec rings, 1 mantle of the tradeable ones.

That is true, but I think that issue builds in to the problem of how easily tradeable some daily login rewards are. Even though, this month, there were only 3 things a player could take advantage of (1 quest chest, 1 epic quest chest, 1 ST chest).

This is the same way I get rich (I have 35 mules, planning to make 15 more for the month of February).
If I did my math correctly, there’s a 40% chance of getting a tradeable ST from an ST chest. I’ve been pretty unlucky though, because out of the 30 ST chests I’ve popped on mules, I’ve only gotten ~9 tradeable items, of which the only useful ones were soul of the bearer and fplate. You might as well check out my post here in which I share my drops with all loot chests.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like the feature of tradeable items in daily login rewards. However, I do admit that it is a problem and should be taken care of (making all quest chest rewards soulbound).

yeah ive been pretty unlucky with the amount, ive gotten like 6-9 of the 35 that ive opened.

altough of the 6-9, 4 of them are actually worth something

yea probably, but the economies already gone to shit.

How many mules do you have running the daily login rewards? And what’s the best way to collect all the rewards from them? Right now, I keep my char in nexus and log into each of the mules 1 by 1 on another window. is this how you do it? because it seems super inefficient to me :confused:

nope.

you only need to refresh your muledump. It basically logs you in. This month i actually logged in like 3 times.

As for collecting you have to manually go in one the last day. I have 50 accounts running. (although i think one doesnt work, so 49). On the months that are shit and have anything good, i tend to go for a few “better” alts, like alts i use for npes and such

Nonono, I know that. I refresh my muledump once a day.

My question was, when your mules get to an ST chest, for example, how do you collect the loot?

Right now, I keep my main account’s char in the nexus and log into my mules one by one, opening the chest on each one. It seems really inefficient though.

wdym by that

To be honest I don’t think there will be a more “efficient” way of collecting your daily rewards considering that it’s meant to be for one account and you are trying to do it on multiple.
Aren’t the monetary gains worth the trouble though?