Urgle XP

Why do urgles still have an exp penalty despite being quest monsters? Literally every large highland monster gives double or more compared to them, and many midland ones as well

Trivial Issues Thread

[Split this off the Trivial Issues to become its own topic since it’s more a deliberate design choice (though probably just from oversight).]

Yeah, can’t see why Urgle’s XP should be lower, especially when it is actually one of the more challenging enemies in mid/highlands.

And for that matter, even potentially dangerous if it combines with a Cube God or a Skull Shrine, or other event god.

They’re just annoyances, sort of like constructs. They take up room and are despised.
But still, they should get more XP.

Urgles are incapable of having any good or redeemable qualities. Even in death, they go out of their way to spite the player.

If this is really deca’s official position on the matter, it’s very disappointing. Realm is already extremely new player hostile, and they don’t deserve to be deliberately misled by the game.

But Urgles are so kawaii desu!~ OwO

cancer

Least Favorite Realm Enemy?

bruh moment

To be fair, even if that was the purpose, the fact is Urgle became a Quest recently enough (quest got added on RE 9 month ago, not sure exactly which update it was from).

So the real issue isn’t that it’s hated or anything, but that as a Quest, it should give more XP. Either that or remove it from the Quest pool in order to keep the memes about it being the worst

EDIT :
That being said, I looked at other quest monsters and oh boy lol

Lvl 1-6 :

• Scorpion : 20XP

Lvl 2-7 :

• Bandit : 45XP

Lvl 3-8 :

• Around 30-40XP

Lvl 4-9 :

• Around 40-45XP

Lvl 5-10 :

• Around 50-60XP

Lvl 6-11 :

• Lizard : 90XP
  • Sludge : 200XP

Lvl 8-20 :

• Around 200XP

Lvl 9-20 :

• Minotaur : 144XP

Lvl 11-20 :

• Urgle : 80XP

Lvl 12-20 :

• Centaur : 120XP

Lvl 14-20 :

• Dark Elf : 300XP

So the oddities are Bandit, Lizard, Minotaur, Urgle and Centaur

you listed 11 xp ranges and noted that 5 of them were “oddities”. At that point, it is no longer an “oddity” but what is normal. Plus, I think sludge is more off then lizard

You don’t understand what I listed, those are not xp ranges, but level where you get the quest. And it’s more than 11, I just didn’t listed all enemies/xp when they were around the same value (aka, when they are normal).

There is 3 possible quest at lvl3, 3 quest on lvl 4, 3 quest on lvl 5, 2 quest on lvl 6 (lizard/sludge), and then again 3 quest at lvl8. After that, it’s 1 quest at lvl 9, one quest at lvl 11, one at lvl 12 and one at lvl 14. There is a total of 20 quest monsters, not 11.

The quests you get at lvl 6 (up to 11) are either lizard (90xp) or sludge (200xp).

This oddity means that when you get lvl 6, if you happen to have the lizard over the sludge as a quest, you will gain half the amount of xp.

Now bandit and lizard are a weirdness, but the real problem are minotaur, urgle and centaur, which are the whole quest experience from lvl 9+, as there are no other quest monsters apart from those 3

With the current xp reward, you want to keep getting the lvl8 quest which are around 200xp, instead of the higher quest that are 80-144xp instead. The dark elf at 300xp is a new quest done by deca, and it follows the pattern of increasing xp, in order to promote leveling through quest instead of through godland.

That being said, right now it’s more efficient to just go godland than to follow quest at lvl 9+

Waht I count as oddities is that the increasing xp curve decide for some unknown reason to go downhill at lvl 9, to then keep being normal with dark elf at lvl 14. Imo, those 3 quest at 9+ should give 200-300xp, otherwise you’re promoting lvling in godland, and the quest leveling system is just silly (for the particular 9+ lvl up experience)

edit : those xp values were taken off https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/quest-monsters then clicking on each monster to check its XP value. Feel free to do it as well.

edit2 : If you check the other quest required for oryx, the lvl9+ weirdness is also there : oasis giant (lvl8) gives 300xp, while cyclop gods, ghost king and phoenix lord (lvl 9-10 quests) only gives 200xp (at least it’s better than urgle, but still). Also ent (lvl5+) gives 384xp lol, and Red demon gives less xp than a Dark elf. If those are normal for you, I don’t know what to say lol, it just doesnt make sense to me. Can you see any reason for this xp reduction at the particular lvl9+ ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.