UT Shield: Bright Crystal Shield

Maybe “In seconds” doesn’t fit… “In an hour” is appropriate.

The avatar has 500,000 hp.
Let’s say he fires around 15 shots a second, a generous estimate.
Each shot does around 160 avg damage.

Divide 500,000 by 160 x 15 and you get 208 seconds.

That’s some 3 minutes.

While it’s not seconds, it’s definitely not hours.
Either way, you should not be able to solo an endgame event in 3 minutes.

The shield wont deflect every shot the avatar throws out and sitting on the avatar is a pretty foolish thing to do.

I am in favor of this idea. Make it 1 shot instead to simplify things and balance it a bit.

Eliminate cooldown, zero. Given that the lifetime of a shield shot isn’t even a second it won’t matter. Increase mana cost to 100 I would say. Then you just cant spam it because you cant “perma deflect”

This isn’t as overpowered as people think because there is no stun and from my understanding only deflects bullets that hit the shield shot sprite, for this reason I would make a damage value similar to mith or collo.

Since this shield isn’t ogmur, make the fame bonus 5%.

Sprite isn’t terrible but it could use some work because it’s just a recoloured mithril shield.

Maybe make this drop from the crystal prisoner? Then you can just call it Crystal Shard Shield or something.

I dont think its implementable in the game with that ability.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say, pretty sure “implendable” isn’t a word.

As for the shield, I’m pretty sure it would be hell trying to code it to work, especially for shots that don’t move straight. Anything reflecting or altering enemy projectiles seems nearly impossible to me, yet I see lots of them here. I wonder why that is?

Knight Shield: Demolitioner's Shield

O yea… The direction of the shots after deflect isn’t gonna be like straight to the enemy…

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not.
If you’re not, then this is good that you see these things and are capable of changing it
If you are, you’re making a bigger fool out of yourself than you think.

Not sarcastic. I just realized it.

you gotta respect the sprite tho
i like it

Interesting concept, but i’m pretty sure it’s impossible to implement.

If you deflect the shots and it misses the boss and goes behind it, if there is a player there, will it get damaged? Or will this even be possible? And if he or she does, how much damage will be done to the player?

theres like half a dozen stat effects which arent defined for enemies (sick, bleeding, blind, darkness, blind, confused etc.)

It makes the enemy shots turn into ally bullets, which can’t hurt players around you

hehehh… “Sick”… actually… other enemies don’t heal so… xD
Blind and darkness is like an unstable effect to enemies.
Confused enemies will make the enemy run away from you.

In terms of implementation, I don’t foresee the shield actually shooting out a projectile, because I’m not sure if projectile to projectile interactions would work.

What I can see working is what Dappertron has used for one of his classes, shooting out a “dummy” that takes damage. Then maybe upon death, the dummy shoots out a projectile at the nearest enemy.

Haha that’d be funny if the shot you deflected hit someone else xD

Lololol xD
I should invent another Shield.
It’s called the trololol Shield and you know what it’s for xD

Lol yeah then you could make PvP a thing in realm xD

This thread really makes me want a “dislike posts” feature for these forums.