UT Trading (in exchange for gold)

A lot of the idea can be drawn from this thread but on a more different note.

Players can take the UT they have to a kiosk/merchant in the Nexus. The GUI will provide some requirements:

• The receiving players name
  • The UT you wish to send them
  • 1000 Gold
  • A checkbox alerting the player this purchase is final and to make sure the player’s name is spelled correctly.

This will allow UT transfers from player to player. This could be considered “pay to win”, but you COULD just farm the areas and get the UT for free. Also, DECA is not making an endless supply in theory, so its more of a player to player interaction.

It is a similar thing to the Gift Wrap from Team Fortress 2, but seeing as there is a possible duping pandemic, this cuts out having to buy an item in which to possibly duplicate, and lets the purchase go through.

Also for you item merchants, yes there is a big margin for people to use this to scam. But knowing the price of gold and the cost of UTs, it’ll probably be done by high rollers mostly, aswell as the trader being aware he is using real money so he’ll think twice about going to some rando instead of a good friend.

Also, the ethics on this can be put into question. But its the same ethics as the key market.

If this was implemented, famous rotmg Youtubers like, say for exmple @GHZD could just say
"Yo guys I need a resu, a crown and a spirit dagger", and have loyal subscribers give one to him for a possible shoutout.

Im personally against this idea, because I prefer grinding the items myself

#p2w

Good idea? Not too sure, could be considered? :joy:

Thats why love UT items being Un-Tradeable. As soon as they are, the bragging rights go down the drain. Also, if it’s any consolation I very rarely accept trades let alone ones that are obviously ‘pLs PuT mE iN vId’ motivated :slight_smile:

So are you like an active forumer now?:joy:

#i got STD HERE! BACK AGAIN WITH ANOTHER VIDEO!
jk ur are still cool

Yeah i agree to @SirSpud

I’d hate to accept that as a point, say GHZD wanted everyone to record themselves releasing their pets in some weird protest or for the sake of a shoutout, is it not the same principle? But your hero does come and elaborate your point.

I don’t feel the status of its bragging rights goes unthroned (the right itself being platformed from the idea you got lucky aka the PPErinciple.) Say two people traded two equally obtainable UTs and traded them, would one be able to distinguish the feat to recieve such items? The only exception to this rule would have to currently be the Shatters/Lost Halls and perhaps the Nest, due to the fact they are considered endgame dungeons.

Ofcourse this is just speculation, having sacred items in the game are nice to have, but just the option to trade it away would be nice. I’d give you a poison fang dagger to be in a vid tho ;^)

Gee its like, yknow, I took the time to make sure that someone didn’t post this. But upon further thought into my idea, I can come to this conclusion in a sense, but not to a sarcastic reply. DECA would have to update their TOS to outlaw giving UGC codes or card numbers to other users in the hope they grant the UT trade (which I think is already in there somewhere). But thanks for the input, its not like the game we’re playing on runs on fairy dust and unicorn farts. Love you, tho.

And please, read into the concept of Pay-To-Win vs Freemium or Pay-For-Advantage (P4A)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.