Various realm enemies

The entire idea for this article is to add more low-level enemies, it seems that all the dungeons and enemies people are having ideas for are powerful gods and late-game dungeons, so i decided to make an article about weaker enemies, things you would fight as a new player or a low level ppe.
For instance the Toy Construct.

HP: 300
Def: 6
XP: 30

Lowlands Desert

White Bullet: 12 damage, 8 tile range, 4 TPS (tiles per second)

spawns in pairs

Behavior
The 2 toy construct orbit each other while firing 2 white bullets at you with a 7 degree arc, heals the other for 15 damage every 5 seconds

Drops
Tier 3 weapons and armor, Tier 1 abilities, and Magic potions

There would now be a Toy Construct pet stone (however a steel version to avoid confusion)
It would look like this

An idea for a midlands enemy would be the ice golem.

HP: 250
Def: 1
XP: 25

Midlands (not desert)

Ice Shard: 14 damage, 5 tile range, 8 TPS, slows and dazes for 3 seconds

Spawns: Blue Satellite

Behavior: Extremely similar to a Clockwork Golem with the main differnces being its attack and it has higher health and lower defense. Its attack does the least damage of any golem, but it both dazes and slows, making it dangerous when fighting a large group of monsters.

Drops T4 and 5 armor, T4 weapons, T1 rings, and T1 and 2 abilities.

And for a group of enemies, Gnomes!

(texture of Gnome Rogue)

(texture of Gnome Tinkerer)
(texture of Gnome Archer)
(texture of Gnome Meatshield)

The main inspiration to the gnomes was the Oryx Infantry, the Gnomes are to Dwarves what the Oryx Infantry is to the Lost Crusaders. Except these guys have a simpler strategy.

Gnome tinkerer
HP: 280
Def: 0
XP: 50

Midlands Forest Plains

Level 5 Quest

Fire bolt: 13 damage, 8.3 tile range, 6 TPS

Spawns
Gnome Rogue, up to 4
Gnome Archer, up to 3
Gnome Meatshield, up to 10

Behavior: Attempts to stay at least 5 tiles away from the player, orbits them at a chase speed of 8 while firing fire bolts

Drops: health potions, T3 and T4 weapons, T2, T3, and T4 armors, T1 rings, and T1 abilities
Drops forest maze portal at an uncommon rate

Gnome Rogue

HP: 50
Defense: 2
XP: 5

bullet: 5 damage, 5.4 tile range, 5 TPS

Behavior: chases player, it will be visible for 3.5 seconds then invisible for 3 seconds

drops health potions
drops pirate cave portal at an uncommon rate

Gnome Meatshield

HP: 5
Def: 500
XP: 0

behavior: orbits Gnome Tinkerer at a 1 tile radius or a Gnome Archer (however only 1 per archer) at a 2 tile radius, does not attack

drops nothing

Gnome Archer

HP: 40
Def: 2
XP: 4

arrow: damage 16, 9.5 tile range, 8 TPS

behavior: orbits player from at least 6 tiles away, firing arrows at the player directly with a 1/5 chance to make a movement predicting shot

Drops: Magic Potion

Time for a new Enemy!

This one is a lowlands set piece boss and isn`t required to close the realm

Giant Worm
HP: 1000 Body, 600 Head
Def: 15 Body, 13 Head
XP: 100 Body, 75 Head

Lowlands

Level 10 Quest Monster

3-8 per realm

Set piece is a sandy circle (harder to see in deserts) 15 tiles wide and dark blue (but still able to move in) water tiles randomly placed. In the center is a + sign consisting of 5 tiles of quicksand, this is where the Giant Worm spawns.

Dustball: 10 Damage, 7 Tile Range, 7 TPS, Blind 3 seconds
Bitter Water Bubble: 8 Damage, 3 Tile Range, 20 TPS, Parametic, 5 second lifespan, Sick 3 seconds
Plagued Water Bubble: 40 Damage, 80 Tile Range, 2 TPS, Passes Cover, Sick 2 seconds, confused 0.5 seconds, hallucinating 10 seconds, drunk 1 second, blind 1.5 seconds

Behavior
Spawns like a beer god, however only 2 people are required to be near it to spawn it, looks like a miniature rock dragon with it`s head and 3 body segments. Although it chases players, it will never leave the set piece
Phase 1
It starts the battle with a shotgun of 3 Dustballs with a 60 degree arc. Only the Head is vulnerable.
Phase 2
When the head is at 80% health it starts to shot 4 Dustballs with a 20 degree arc, Bitter Water Bubbles are now created by a random segment every 5 seconds
Phase 3
When the head is at 20% health it becomes invulnerable and the and the body parts vulnerable, it starts to shoot 6 Dustballs with a 7 degree arc, Bitter Water Bubbles start to be created from every segment every 3 seconds, Plagued Water Bubbles are now shot alternating between the 4 cardinal directions and the 4 diagonal directions. Once a body segment is killed, it bursts into 8 plagued water bubbles, once all body segments are killed the head bursts into 20 plagued water bubbles.

Even though it is a lowlands enemy, it is still very dangerous and can surprise newer players.

Drops T3, 4, 5, (rarely) 6, or (even rarer) 7 weapons and armor, T1 and 2 rings and abilities, and 2 guaranteed health pots as well as 2 guaranteed magic pots.

Not sure if plagued water bubbles are way too OP for this enemy, even if it is purposefully and deceptively placed in the lowlands (Muahahaha).

Time for an addition to Deathmages

This one changes the deathmage by giving him an evaluation phase and adds a white bag UT seal (so that there is actually a reason to buff him)

Stage 1: 0-1999 damage
Stage 2: 1999-5999 damage
Stage 3: 6000-12999 damage
Stage 4: 13000-infinity damage

1:regularly spawns skeletons as normal
2:spawns a zombie priest and can now spawn a small amount of zombie warriors with the skeletons
3:spawns 5 Zpriests and can spawn more Zwarriors and skeletons at a time, also spawns one fallen paladin
4:spawns 10 Zpriests and can spawn hordes of skeletons and Zwarriors, spawns 3 Fallen Paladins

Zombie priest

HP: 1000
Def: 5
XP: 100

Does not attack

Acts like a wall for the Deathmage by tightly circling him, heals themselves and the Deathmage every 3 seconds

Zombie Warrior

HP: 500
Def: 20
XP: 0

Dark Bolt: 60 damage, 5.2 tile range, 15 TPS

Chases Player, when at half health, it will eat a skeleton and fully heal (once per Zwarrior)

Fallen Paladin

HP: 4500
Def: 30
XP: 450

Dark Bolt: 90 Damage, 8 Tile range, 8 TPS, Pierces through players

Chases players shooting 3 Dark Bolts at a 10 degree arc , every 5 seconds it will heal itself for 500 HP and give itself Damaging (increases damage by 50%) for 2.5 seconds, every 10 seconds it will go invulnerable for 3 seconds and shoot 8 Dark Bolts at a 2 degree arc at the nearest player

Drops: Seal of Cruel Deeds, Tincture of Defense

Seal of Cruel deeds
Commonly put to use by the twisted and horrible paladins who have joined Oryx, they corrupt Seals of the Aspirants by rubbing it with ashes of heroes from the Pentaract.

MP cost: 75
Duration: 4 when wis<30, 4 + (7wis/250) when wis>or=30
Damaging to self, instantly heals 80 HP (+ 2
wis/5 when wis>or=30)
Temporarily increases max defense by 5 when wis<30, when wis>or=30 increases by 5 + wis/15

It sacrifices the group effect of the seal to improve its effect on specifically yourself, I can see this seal being put to use by soloing paladins

This next one goes outside of my original Midlands and Lowlands theme, this one is a Highlands enemy (i changed the title to various realm enemies as i don`t plan on adding onto dungeons)

Sand Slurp Den

HP:2000
Def:50
XP:200

Lvl 15 quest monster
Highlands Desert

Does not attack

Summons Sand Slurps (10 at 100% health, 15 at 50% health, 23 at 25% health)

Drops: T5-7 weapons and T6-8 armor, T2-3 rings and abilities, and (rarely) sand pails

Sand Slurp
HP:300
Def:5
XP:0

Protects Sand Slurp Den

Attacks
Sand Trail: 55 damage, 0 tile range, 0 TPS, 4.5 second lifespan

Attempts to quickly chase player and stand on the player, only attacks when player is within 6.5 tiles of the den or when slurp itself is damaged, if a slurp or the den is killed then all slurps make their target that player for 5 seconds and then go back to normal behavior, circles den from 2-4 tiles away.

Drops Magic Potion and (extremely rarely) Sand Pail.

Viper

HP:5
Def:0
XP:1

Beach

Attacks
Purple Shot: Damage 7, 8 tile range, 5 TPS

Drops Health potions and Magic potions

I am planning on adding more enemies soon, or you could give an idea for your own enemy in the comments.

16x16 sprites turned into 8x8 (and vice versa)

I believe that these would be interesting add ins. However, I am not sure if any more low level/midland monsters are needed.
My largest concern s with such the toy construct. I feel that such a monster should not be able to drop a pet skin unless it became as rare as a candy gnome while also having a low drop rate of the item. Also, a orbiting structure will be dificult to place into the lowlands, a place that is covered with trees

I see (also it would be the Godlands constructs that have a low drop chance of the stone and are super annoying to kill because almost no one plays mystic, even though it is an awesome class( although that is just my opinion)). If it seems better to you, I could make it obtainable the normal way and not dropped though, but remember, pet stones aren`t like op items, just decoration. However, about the orbiting, it would still work, after all you commonly see Wasp Queens or Shield Orcs who spawn next to obstacles and have an obstructed orbit, they simply turn around after a bit, so i dont really see the problem there.

I apologize. I thought the low lands was the highly forested area where the goblin mages roam

It is, but highlands is pretty well forested as well, i apologize if i confused you, i was just using those orbiting enemies as an example, however to put them in a less crowded area, they will spawn in the desert

Yeah, that’ll work out pretty well. I think they would be a interesting addition to the game.

Also thanks for commenting and viewing my angel skin post

creative

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.