Vines of Binding (Ring Idea)

###Vines of Binding

A set of vines, they seem to bond with your equipment

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Special properties: Boosts stats bonuses by 25%. (limit of +7, limit of +140 for HP/MP)
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 800

####Drops From:

• Not Sure

####More info
Lets take a Wizard with tops (excluding ring), for total stat boosts of:

• +55 MP
  • +4 ATK
  • +13 DEF
  • +8 WIS
  • +2 VIT

Meaning the stat boosts with this set would be.

• 14 MP
  • 1 ATK
  • 3 DEF
  • 2 WIS
  • 1 VIT

Just an idea I had that I didn’t put much thought into, the percentage probably needs some adjustment, my main concern is the DEF boost on melees. Another Idea i had is having a stat minimum, for when the 20% boost isn’t noticeable enough.

[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!
Creating a Good Item Idea

Hmm, i guess i like the concept-ish.

Although, i felt for something that has this much possiblities, you should have thought about it a little more. Oh well i guess, i guess i just think too much.

Yeah I guess I much prefer putting the general idea out there, getting a general reaction, and maybe some feedback, and just going from there. Besides I would probably forget them.

this would make items with stat bonuses sought out for more i guess.
with:

you would have from the equips:
+45 HP
+35 MP
+17 def
+17 wis
+7 vit

bonus stats with the ring:
+9 HP
+7 MP
+3 DEF
+3 WIS
+1 VIT

do u think its good? i think it should get a buff, cuz i can just use expo instead of this for better buffs and these items i picked out had lots of stat increases.

60 HP > 9 HP, 60 MP > 7 MP, 4 DEF > 3 DEF, 4 VIT > 1 VIT

i personally feel its better to be under powered than overpowered. I haven’t given much thought to how balanced this is.

One reason that i like this, is b/c you can customize your stat boosts more. Have your stats mirror that of the armor/ability/weapon.

actually i agree with

because of the fact that it drops from

beginner dungeons should drop items for beginners or items that look good at least

however, if you were to buff it, limoz from the LoD would be a good choice for a drop

oh i actually totally forgot about the drop location!

The thing with the lod is, the unequal drops of whites, one would have 3, while the other three would have 2.

Yeah, there aren’t many places where vine based equipment could drop. Thanks for some ideas, main reason I don’t want to buff it is mainly melees getting lots more def easily.

shh lowkey add whites for the rest of the bosses

i wouldnt see myself using this on a knight or a warrior, because you already have good amounts of def for them
u can try to have a MAX stat increase thing like a limit it could go up to

so lets say
colo + cc
12 def? + 30def.

42 def—>8 def, also a decrease in dex, so wouldnt really use on melee…

Even looking at it now, the max def for a knight without a ring is 44, taken from the wiki. The boost for that would be 9 def.
CC+Ogmur

Maybe I will buff it, with the limit of an Exa ring for each stat.

Noooo! I was beat to it.

same as ub def hehe, but if you were to use CC, the -10 dex would be an extra 2 dex off

That is a good point hadn’t thought about stat debuffs.

(do you mean same as UB Def?)

whats wrong with +9def? thats basically the ub def right there, also causes the -2dex. <—which is intended, b/c we dont want a ring that can match every other ub ring.

:smile: :wink:

I was thinking of setting the limit to +7 of each stat, and then changing it to 25% boost to make it more useful for other classes.

hmm…

ok, i guess thats fine

fairy plate + ogmur = 19hp, 7def and 4mp

What?
This is not the way you should design an item.
First, find a lack of something, Like:

Then you design an item that makes up for it or change something else to fix the problem.
You shouldn’t make solutions before you find a problem.

Too op

I wasn’t designing an item, really all I was doing was sharing an Idea I had that might be of interest to others.