Vital Staff of Azazel

trooms would be so op though, they already have the devil tarot and both def and vit.

How about we remove def from Trooms then because really they should push players to get Def in sewers not abysses.

oh they do??

wha? why make the abyss worse for something else? And its not like every stat pot needs a dungeon recognized as the dungeon for that stat pot, and sewers dont drop enough for that.

no this encourages people to still do abysses and look for trooms in them (well not really) and when they enter they’ll just finish it. i think this ut should just from the boss like normal.

Well if they removed def from the troom boss and replaced it with this really nice staff I think players would still do trooms in abysses.

just tweak the normal bosses def drop rate slightly higher.

but what even is the point of making this drop from only trooms? since trooms are such a pain in the buttcheeks to find in the abysses unless rushing, i think finding and killing one should be awarded with a 100% def

I like the idea, the only problem is that it wouldn’t be a swap-out, but the primary weapon instead.

The 65 average Damage Per Shot doesn’t seem like much when compared to Cosmic (at 80), but the Armor Piercing and the range add so much to it. The range is that of tiered wands and the Armor Piercing would be insane on all three Staff classes, specifically Wizard and Mystic. In the more advanced dungeons in the game, you find enemies with high-defense, which is why Crystal Wand, Ogmur, and the Ancient Spell: Pierce, are so useful in dungeons like The Shatters. This weapon would only deal less damage than Cosmic if the enemy was Armor-Broken, or had low defense, so it would probably be the primary weapon (along with EP as the swap-out). Also, I’m not sure if there’s a place for an armor-piercing staff in the game, especially with how strong the Staff classes are DPS-wise.

However, I’m not saying throw the idea out.
I may be wrong, but I think you can create items on Pfiffel’s DPS Calculator and compare them to other weapons.
Try that out.

My ideas on nerfing it:

1. Damage goes down to an average of 50-60.
  2. Range goes down to below tiered staff range (8.55), around 6-7.5.
  3. Keep the Armor Piercing - that’s what makes this Staff unique.
  4. Fame Bonus and Feed Power can stay how they are, I guess.

Hope I didn’t seem too harsh on it. Again, great idea and effort. I’d love to see it implemented.

Uhhhh what. Firstly, try not to add other demons/gods into it beyond Oryx and his minions, secondly: [quote]stave
steɪv
noun

1. a vertical wooden post or plank in a building or other structure.
    a strong wooden stick or iron pole used as a weapon.[/quote]
    Whilst technically correct, it is probably best to use Staff rather than Stave to avoid confusion amongst younger players who don’t understand what a stave is. Thirdly, it’s not exactly Vital, so I wouldn’t use that as its name.[quote=“Mordredhc, post:13, topic:2772”]
    I may be wrong, but I think you can create items on Pfiffel’s DPS Calculator and compare them to other weapons.
    [/quote]
    Indeed you can: http://pfiffel.com/dps/

As to the actual idea, Staff classes are pretty powerful as it is, adding an armour piercing weapon would only add to their usage. The use of Crystal Wand is to give the low-DPS wand classes a better chance at soul bounds. Staff classes do a hell of a lot more damage, and if you’re really pining for armour piercing, get an Ogmur Knight.

Reminds me of the Dragon Pickaxe from Runescape back in the day lol

Thanks for the name bro

forgot to change name in main post

what?

right before you image of weapon, you forgot to change the name of the weapon.

Look up definition of Vital Force

Also stave probably should be replaced with Staff I guess to avoid confusion.

My apologies, I didn’t want to be a tryhard. Firstly, that is contextual. One could say [quote]pathetic fallacy
noun
the attribution of human feelings and responses to inanimate things or animals, especially in art and literature.[/quote] means that pathetic refers to feelings. Hence a Staff of Emotion could be renamed Pathetic Staff, get my drift? Vital on its on does not mean quite the same thing as ‘vital force’, hence, Staff of the Vital Force or Staff of Vital Force would suit better than Vital Staff of …

looking stuff up like that does not make you a tryhard

this does.

I wouldn’t worry about being a tryhard, there’s only two other alternatives.

umm

yeah lets get back on topic (so weird when i say this)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.