Vitality Mod

I guess this was already thought of before, but here’s my input on it…

My brother and I were in the nexus talking about wisdom mods and how they made classes such as priests, sorcerers and even necromancers/paladins stronger. Then we thought about how to make vitality viable again as it’s less than worthwhile right now…

The problem started with pets, self-regeneration is not held high when a player has a rare pet or higher. However, one thing that always does remain valuable is hp/life.

Wis mod increases the power on ability items when they go over 75 wisdom or so, so what if vit mod follows a similar concept? And since vitality and life are related stats it makes good sense.

Suppose the ratio is like every 5 vit you have, you gain 10+ hp? Or a similar ratio.

Having high vitality would give you an extra hp ring of sorts, this becomes very useful with endgame content where the bosses have massive amounts of hp and shotguns are always feared.

The shield of 100+ extra hp would be extremely valuable to players while not being game-breakingly overpowered in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Should the ratio be lower, higher, or something different?

Let’s make vitality a worthy stat again.

Vitality Mod 2
The Vitality Stat

yes except mabye buff vit rings too (and spd, wis, dex)

yes, vit rings are wayyyy toooooo underpowered

Good idea; with this buff a UB Vit would give you +9 Vit and +45 HP (effectively)

But would 9 vit and 45 HP be better than 180 HP?

i wish my brother would play realm
he always looks down on me D:<

rip mystics.

The idea seems kinda OP. Classes are already steamrolling the mid-game dungeons, why give the common player +100 hp? Maybe give a mass buff to every existing enemy in the game? Just seems like too much work.

Also why make a stat that increases another stat? Wis buffed the effect of the ability, not max mp. Shouldn’t vit’s use do something other than make more of a different stat?

No, Obviously not, but the point is just to buff the ring so it’s more viable. UBHP and deca will always be among the most widely used rings, but how often do you see someone with a ubvit on that isn’t suiciding?

The rings become viable too, but any equipment that grants vitality would do the same…

Let’s say the mod activates over 60 vit. (They would have to raise the max cap for vitality to be higher like it is for wis.)

If you’re a sorcerer with max vit and have no equipment on, you would still be granted +30 hp as a permanent boost if we’re going by the vit 5:10 life ratio. The key is to find a balance to this ratio so that it’s viable enough to be implemented but not too overpowered.

My intention is that it would be like having a second T3/4/5 hp ring naturally equipped.

I think this would be good to prevent shotguns for newer players and to make veteran players stronger against end game bosses who have ten thousand hp or more.

Just feels like a better balance. (The average hp in all players seems to round up to 600-1000.)

If DECA successfully implements HP scaling on bosses such as Oryx this will be no issue.

I chose HP as a stat because it’s just as valuable to a player as their ability. Life and vitality seem to go hand in hand as they’re related… So it makes sense to use the mod for it.

I’m not sure what else vit could mod without requiring too much work/complexity or not making sense. An HP buff is simple and sweet.

I can’t speak much on the behalf of wisdom but I think it’s fine how it is, if it modded two components (ability/mp) it’d be op.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.