Wakizashi alt ability?

Don’t get me wrong, I like the Samurai. I think he’s unique and has his own spin on burst damage. I just thought Armored would be cool to give him an alternate ability to show how he’s both similar yet different from the Ninja… though I wonder if having Armored would make him broken.

I mean if you don’t find him same enough. bp+ray=immortal samurai

I do find samurai quite vanilla to play, not entirely a bad thing, but not very thrilling.
A melee with a ‘hold to grant armoured’ would be a very fun tanking class.
So yes, whether that be done as a change to wakizashi, or as a fully new class, I’d want to play it more than current samurai.

And it would make a nice pairing with both katana wielders then having abilities that were: hold to do X, release to do Y.

If only Kabam didn’t make those type of on-hold things so dang stupid…
Aurum originally wanted the Crystalline Kunai to throw 3 of them when used, but because Kabam, stars literally can’t throw more than one projectile. The only thing he could do to achieve such a star would be to remove the main projectile, then add on a “waki” shot instead.
I’m not sure if OnHoldActivate has the same restriction, but considering the Crystal Shield, the only other on-hold ability in the game, also only shoots one shot…I’m not very confident that it does that.
Then again, since wakis use a slightly different shot type, it might be possible? Though you may also get Shots: 0 as tooltip text -n-

It’s kinda funny cause I thought of that idea cause he’s unlocked through Knight and Ninja and I was like “hey, what if he can be as tanky as knight but only temporarily?”. I would really like to have a tank that can be very squishy when caught off-guard.

Not related to armored, but when is there going to be a teleportation waki. Need this in my life,

no. STRIKE AMULETS WILL NEVER BE IMPLEMENTED

teleports behind you like this?
slash

Let me introduce you to a class called the trickster.

Visible confusion

Ok, let me now introduce to you the UT item ‘Cloak of the Planewalker’.

This seems illogical. This isn’t exactly what a wakizashi does… this is a shield you’re describing.
Based on pure logic, I must reject this idea.

Like this idea, but it should be active only when holding down the spacebar (I would give name that Waki: Shogun’s Blessing).

I don’t exactly remember holding a ninja star increasing one’s agility in real life either, but sure

That’s the idea. It sounded pretty interesting, heck it could be a UT if it really was that game-changing.

I think the explanation here is that it’s a magic star or smth, similar to the warrior’s helmet and the pally’s seal. I always saw it as a person drawing energy from the star to power themselves, but that ability is also quite illogical compared to many others.

But a wakizashi that makes you more tanky… something about that doesn’t jive with my logic. I mean, I guess it’s the same thing… but at least you can throw the ninjastar and it makes sense. Would the waki still be a sidearm?

you can also ‘slash’ with the waki though

I guess you’re right on this - katanas are two handed weapons

Then again it’s not like the other abilities make much fuckin sense either. Insert the word ‘magic’ and you have your excuse. Same could be said for the waki if need be.

On the other hand, this makes a lot of sense in terms of gameplay - lacking mobility or tankiness in its current state, but with this the samurai can become temporarily as durable as the sword classes. Some adjustments would have to be made to balance it properly maybe, but I like the idea

No I mean would the waki be able to armor you on top of still slashing?

If so, I have no qualms

Yes, it would use the same mechanics as a ninja star.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.