Ways Deca can get more people to buy their gold

Ever since Deca took over Realm, I have been playing it more and more often. The simple reason is, I like the way they are taking things! With all the new content, admins popping up everywhere, and events going on, it’s keeping the game a lot more fun to me. I hope Deca stays the owner for a long time, and the best way to keep that happening is for more people to buy Realm Gold.

I’m not saying that you should spend $50 just to buy tops for your level 17 Knight, but the best things to buy is pet food (I just buy mine from the mystery boxes, still a good deal even if I don’t win the ambrosia), vault chests, backpacks, character slots, and keys. It’s good to add all of these offers to encourage players to spend money to support the game, but the problem is that the new offers have been slowly costing more realm gold. The newer offers have been costing around thousands of realm gold. Take the Mega Ambrosia Pack for example. It costs 7000 gold. That’s around $50 just for one thing.

I’m not saying that Deca should take those down, but I’d like there to be an alternative for people who can only spend like $20 a month or less. They should add deals with the items in the nexus. Take keys, for example. Buying keys sort of holds the economy a little bit, but there are a lot more buyers than sellers. The reason is because people don’t really like to spend $5 just for 2 Ocean Trenches or something.

My solution?
Discounts. Not something extreme like “every time you buy a key, the next of the same type is 10 gold cheaper!”, but maybe something more like “If you buy 2 of the same item at once, the second item is 5% off.” Like, if you have 500 gold and want to buy 2 OTs, if you buy them both at the same time, it should only cost around 490 gold or something. The players would only save 10 gold, and that’s not enough to buy anything. But it might possibly encourage them to buy more realm gold and buy the discounts, so they can save enough gold left over to buy something else, for “free”. Kind of a sneaky way to get more people to buy gold, but don’t forget that it supports the developers, so they can keep adding new content! :smiley:

Buy Cloth wih fame

I quite like you idea but i still buy gold anyways xD

Good news! There have been and will be many packs and mystery boxes just the way you describe. There are frequently deals on just about anything you might like to buy.

Fun fact: the first time the 10 ambrosia pack was offered, kabam said it was a limited event, with a maximum of 200 packs sold. It was the most expensive pack they had ever offered and they were concerned that the players would balk at the idea of such an expensive pack rewarding spending so heavily.

Of course now, three years later, it is the standard offering that greets every player on login.

in my opinion dyes and cloths should cost fame

https://www.realmeye.com/forum/t/fame-use/947/5?u=akldragon
they have done that before in the mystery box 125 fame for random dye/cloth

yes i know the fame fashion box but i mean buying them from bazaar should cost fame and not gold.

free money for them, not too much people complaining about it.

I know this is greedy, but anyone else get the feeling that Deca’s focusing way too much on events and such? I mean, they’re definitely better than Kabam, but Kabam at least made a bunch of new content when they first bought RotMG. My point is, maybe there should be less events and more updates?? Let me know what you guys think.

man i’d be happy with less event and the same amount of updates.

too many damn events it feels like there is never an event.

Completely agree, though they’ve made the process more autonomous, so it really takes them little effort. As compared to before (reviewing thousands of entries, community involvement etc.), but they should really only do one per month.

I said something somewhere else (can’t be bothered to find it) that what I’d really like to see in place of the weekly events is a bi-weekly - even monthly - community updates. These don’t have to be long, RMGnoob-styled essays but just brief descriptions of what they’re currently working on to keep in touch with the community.

Just anything to avoid the disconnect/rift that happened between Kabam and us.

I think the whole reason of the events are to keep players interested in the game while they are trying to work on new content. They probably already are in fact.

No I do not

“When everyone’s super, no one will be”

I wonder how high they could set the gold price of, hmmm, Jugg? and still get significant sales.

in the mean time, get tons of pros to quit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.