We did it guys! [Top 10 Worst Pay To Win Games]

If you want something to be copyrighted, maybe don’t post it on a public platform on the internet.

On top of that, only Deca holds any rights over RotMG. Making a let’s play of a game doesn’t make you one of its owners.

Top 10 channels are still bottom-of-the-barrel clickbait shit, but that doesn’t mean you can make the law say whatever you want.

Thats Mojo … they talk bullshit they want to make fast videos that get a lot of views …
People can say only THAT PETS are P2W… but something like chars/vaults are not p2w anymore its more like skip 2 play

cuz since deca took over they already gaveaway like 5 vaults and 4 chars (last month 1 char, this month 1 char+vault)

and btw you can get everything by playing the game xd even a maxed divinepet without spending any money

ps: could been more or less tho

But here’s the thing: the two boxes which I disclude are the niche boxes, but take for example the Alice in Wonderland box. You can’t get the skins anywhere else. Key Extravaganza is nice because you save some gold on the account of picking from a choice of three random keys. The Ambrosia Box is nice because players can throw their 1000 gold into hopefully getting more feedpower than just buying an Ambrosia. But you take the Alice in Wonderland Box, the skins in that box are only available in that box. So, if you want one of those skins, you’ll have to try your luck and hope you get it. There is no choice to take a huge risk if you want that skin (and if you’ve devoted time enough to put cash in an obscure online game, you’re probably putting a paycheck into it). If they put, say a bundle of skins for $40 dollars, players could buy that instead. They’d probably prefer to roll the box, since you’re probably only after one skin or only have the cash to roll it. The box wouldn’t be obsolete but it would give the consumer more credit for his cash instead of pissing it away in a mystery box.

tl;dr, get an item catalog

True, but the fact you can’t get that one skin won’t change your life. They’re just cosmetics, and as far as I am pissed I can’t get some skins that were only in mystery boxes, I know that they won’t affect how you play.

Let’s stay on the topic : pay2win or not.

I think we’ve established it isn’t pay2win, as there isn’t even any endgoals necessarily. Its along the lines of pay for expedience/advantage, which most games come standard to. But its always nice to discuss how misery boxes can be improved.

A better discussion would be if loot drop rates on different players lowers rates for normal players if there a ton of em. That would technically fall into the catagory of P2W but as I said theres no real end goal so who knows.

If there were no goals, then why would people farm, get better items… More simply, why would people play the game?

I’ve already given my idea about this here :

That’s true.

If you’re talking about loot drop and loot tier potions (or clovers) then I don’t think it works that way.

Loot in rotmg is separated in 3 major types (assuming you dealt sb damage) :

• Guaranteed player loot : you’ll always get these items. The best example are marks.

• Guaranteed dungeon loot : these will always be given to someone in the dungeon. It is completly random, and loot boosts have no effect on this. The best examples are the pots from godlands dungeons, like snake pits and such : at least one potion of the dungeon will drop for someone in that dungeon. It also includes the Vial of Darkness from the Cultist Hideout : one random person in the dungeon will get it.

• Additionnal loot : this is where the loot boosts come in play. These loots are not guaranteed for anybody, and they may or may not be obtained, depending on a player’s luck. These include additionnal pots from gland dungeons, tiered items, ST items, whites and all other non-guaranteed loot.

So in the end, only the guaranteed dungeon loot will be affected by the number of players (if you got sb of course). The additionnal loot doesn’t depend at all on the other players, but only on your luck. You can tip the odds in your favor by using loot drop potions (increases the chance to get additional loot) or loot tier potions (increases the chance to get better additionnal loot), but these effects will not affect other players in a particular way.

This is also good to know if you’re farming for anything else than the guaranteed pot, like a certain white, ST set or anything else. Indeed, the more players you play with, the faster you’ll finish the dungeon, so the more time you’ll save on your farming without loosing any chance of getting the white you’re grinding for.

People need money to survive and why not get it if people are willing to buy a few pixels on a screen for enjoyment.

FTFY

I was talking about KABAM and DECA …

What I read here is “people need money to survive and why not get it if people are willing to buy a few pixels on a screen for enjoyment”.

Except if you haven’t mastered english because it isn’t your natural language (or idk how you call it, I’m still learning too) thyis means that you assume people need money to survive in this game, and that… uh… I don’t know what the rest would mean. Could you reformulate?

Yep, why it’s funny to see players upset crying “Rip loot” at situations where only a couple of hits are needed. The only limit is if the player numbers are so high that players get denied sb (currently seeing this often at Ents due to their low HP/no HP scaling), Deca seems to be addressing these one by one (think of Thessal, castle guards) where previously having many players meant that only the DPS monsters would loot. Now it’s possible to loot from those with the barest of efforts.

This usually happens in dungeons where people are after the guaranteed dungeon loot, for example the pots from gland dungeons. If there’s 20 people in a snake pit, you have a chance of 1/20 at getting the speed.

What’s funny indeed is that people think the same goes for whites and other additionnal loot.

It kind of is more P2W then other games. In games such as CSGO and LOL, the only thing you can pay for is skins, things that make your weapons look cooler but don’t actually change what they do. In RotMG, you can buy keys, backpacks, and vaults spaces in order to get ahead of others.
On the other hand, you can also argue RotMG cannot be compared to CSGO or LOL because the playstyle is definitely different. I feel like it kind of is true that RotMG is P2W but it is difficult to compare it with other games.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.