Weapons should show damage numbers like how abilities affected by WIS-mod show healing/damage numbers

If you look at a Scepter in-game with maxed WIS, your damage number will look something like
Damage: (X+Y) (+Y)

I think it would make sense to implement the damage of your weapon on the weapon’s stats like how WIS-mod has changed abilities to display their altered value for healing, bonus health or damage. You can also always just subtract your (+Y) value to get the original damage of your weapon.

Example:

Scepter of Devastation

Damage: image

This is a Scepter of Devastation with 66 WIS. It gains +160 damage on top of its base damage of 820, which makes it deal 980 damage.

Tier 12 Wand

Damage: { (0.5 + ATK/50) × Weapon base damage

This is a Winter’s Breath Wand with 70 ATK. It gains +85 - 126 damage on top of its base damage of 95 - 140, which makes it deal 180 - 266 damage. If I can make a forum post and do it, and if WIS-mod can do it, I don’t see why this shouldn’t be a feature for weapons aswell.

Please note that, if you are unfamiliar with the formula for calculating the damage values of a weapon, it can yield a negative modifier if your ATK is low enough. For example, at 10 ATK, your modifier becomes ×0.7, 30% less than the base damage values. Instead of being 95 - 140 (base) it would be 66 - 98 (-29 - 42).

Amazing idea, would love to have this implemented in game. Also heard some rumors of VIT becoming a mod soon for a few things but whether that’s true or not no idea. Anyways that’s besides the topic, good idea!

useful for people who dont wanna spend time calculating the real damage

And in my opinion a better way of displaying weapon stats overall. :^)

A good idea. Though I’d like the text colour to be a bit more pink, to be nearer the ATT colour (like how the WISmod text is blue for WIS).

Bumping this for more exposure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.