What are sb thresholds

Once my lazy procrastinating ass gets up to it, might do a study on over and underdamage. (And possibly whether wearing lower tiered item gives you better RNG) so of course I need to know ho much damage I needto d to vet loot inthe ftt place

Sorry bout allthe typos realmeye is bunglagg again

Exact values haven’t been revealed. There is no such thing as overdamage and well of course there is such a thing as underdamage because there is a threshold to meet. Your gear doesn’t affect those chances. It is completely random.

It’s a very simple but highly misunderstood system. Essentially the monster drop tables get expanded based on certain damage thresholds being met. For example, something like Malphas’s drop table might look like this (with completely made up numbers)

Malphas
1+ damage:

• Mark (100%)

100+ damage:

• VIT (50%, 2 guaranteed)
  • DEF (75%)
  • Tier 9 equipment (25%)

500+ damage:

• Tier 10 equipment (10%)
  • Dblade (0.75%)

Once the damage thresholds are met, everything is completely up to RNG.
Doing more damage does not improve your chances.
Playing a lower DPS class does not improve your chances.
Using a lower tier weapon does not improve your chances.
The ONLY thing that matters is that you do as much or more damage than the threshold.

I don’t know the actual numbers of current damage thresholds, but I do a lot of priest PPE and I usually qualify for loot even with a tier 6 or lower wand. Deca did the right thing and severely lowered them ages ago so all classes could qualify, which means as long as you’re hitting the boss for more than ~50 damage total your lack of loot is entirely RNG.

So honestly I’m gonna put on my tin foil hat for this one. This is kind of like a gambler rubbing the slot machine on every roll. I usually get better drops when i hit the boss a few times rather than constantly. Also I try to avoid changing gear mid fight because i think it effects my drops. Also a few years back I ran a mad lab chain with 1 other player and hit around the same amount of shots/spells and got 4-5 whites in a row. Also I feel the need to switch off a character once it gets a on it as if each character is allowed 1-2 whites in 24 hr. Like I said all mostly BS but the last one I actually feel is true.

I’m pretty sure the loots system is not that complex.

Hasn’t Deca collapsed this system?

iirc that’s what caused the overabundance of ASS’s that one time

that was because the thresholds were drastically lowered, but afaik not entirely removed

they weren’t entirely removed but I’m pretty sure Deca said they had collapsed the thresholds to be a single threshold for loot per enemy

so instead of 2000 damage for a def and 10000 for a chance to get an ASS it’s just a single amount for every item in the loot pool

well at least for marks there’s still a separate threshold as hemming said. you can get mark w/ a single hit, but not whites

eatshroom is fake all u need is fire sword + ppe luck…

Then why is it every. single. time. Before I get a white I always get Pbags before it?

Yeah, SB thresholds have been almost entirely standardized to an extremely small number that should be achievable on most enemies with even starting gear. For all intents and purposes, the mechanic of thresholds is a thing of the past.

RNG and probability.

Deca has not implemented any white bag systems, the code remains unchanged since Rob, Alex, and Amit introduced it. To my knowledge, I have no access to the current server code.

I’m nearing 3,000 snake pits, with no hope of a bulwark.

The General Chat Thread

Just try using t6-t8 gear. You’ll barely feel the difference on a maxed character. I would swear by it

coincidence, maybe even just not remembering potion and higher tier drops because they’re not really memorable at all.

fire swords and kedo sticks too

I mean at least this could have a logical reason

-_-
Honestly I didn’t believe in overdamage at first but take me grinding MTs for 6 hours and getting nothing but pots with whites on. In comparison I did a random MT chain with a newish ninja ppe and getting 2 STs and an aether. Though I personally believe what I believe, I didn’t make this as a “discuss stuff” thread. I was merely asking about sb thresholds and since no one seems to be able to answer me I would like this thread to be closed
@Shatter thank you

Some one did answer you you just don’t want to believe him.